People who should come back

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dillon's "little" music thread ended sometime in 2018, after more than seven years of sharing music across exactly 10,000 posts. LL's inability to imagine people like us resulted in that 10K post limit, causing the threads death. We kept it going for a little while longer by deleting older posts, but eventually that stopped working, too.

Here's the last song posted to that thread...

Dillon's last post to everyone in the thread, which approximately coincided with her leaving SL was...

"I love you."

I really loved that thread.  It is one of things that kept me in touch with my old friends from when I was Katt.

• Like 3

Just got the mention @Scylla Rhiadra and it made my week. Thank you!

I have nothing going on LOL which means nothing to say most days though I came by today to ask for feedback on a new computer. I spend enough L$ on skins etc I should spend more time showing them off here. 💕

"The good old days" of 2010/2011 taught me the importance of OpSec and minimal attack surface. Lotta fun times, a few genuinely scary people and my favorite are the ones who fell somewhere in-between.

As for 2030? I didn't expect to live to see 30; I just turned 55 irl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 5:19 PM, Rat Luv said:

I'm still here, kind of. I had some medical issues, Doc's thought I might die and told me to puts things in order. Along with my RL house cleaning and paperwork, I nuked my two SL alt accounts--Alma and Lucy, and kept my original account. I deleted all my pictures and textures because sixteen years of random hedonism (before I evolved out of that stage) was pretty scary. I deleted all my inventory of clothes and builds and misc detritus except for what I was wearing. It was actually kind of freeing. 

I went to the hospital in April, went to rehab for a couple of months, and then I returned home where I live on a steady diet of narcotics and am confined 100% to bed. (Although I have hope of walking again as I continue Home PT.) It's been an interesting eight months.

Long story short--I'm (vanettda lassard) In the middle of resurrecting my virtual being. As soon as I get stuff together I will be reading and posting and generally being my somewhat normal self.

What's changed in SL the last eight months that I should know? Do I need to purchase a new mesh body and head?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alma Palmira said:

What's changed in SL the last eight months that I should know? Do I need to purchase a new mesh body and head?

Nah, you're good.

You just need to join us here again. 🙂

Welcome back! It sounds as though it's been an awful time for you, but we're delighted to see that you're still with us. Keep it that way, please?

• Like 6

@Alma Palmira🤩 

It sounds like you've been through the wringer :S But am glad you're on the mend!

You once wrote something that made me LOL, then my IRL boss called  me on Teams straight after and I was laughing on the phone...then he started and said "What is it?" and I had to pretend it was something else xD

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Alma Palmira said:

Long story short--I'm (vanettda lassard) In the middle of resurrecting my virtual being. As soon as I get stuff together I will be reading and posting and generally being my somewhat normal self.

Seems people are returning to SL. Many ask if they NEED to buy mesh. Several of us in the forum are of like mind on the subject, no. There is no NEED. SL will work very well and perhaps better without mesh head and/or body. Buying mesh is a 'want to' thing.

Depending on what one wants to do while in SL mesh will help. I am in the group that LIKES mesh bodies and heads. I think they are more realistic and look way better than the classic/system body. I and others in this circle are often guilty of assuming one with a classic body is new or lazy about their appearance. But there are people that are neither and they participate and we get to know them. It takes a bit more time. So while it can be an issue, it really isn't that much of one for most.

So, since you've had a bit of a wake up call and likely re-prioritization of things in your life, consider SL the same way. Make it fun for you.

Welcome back and I wish you well and a quicker than expected recovery.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Alma Palmira said:

Welcome back Vanettda!

I find the "somewhat" qualifier for your normalcy quite encouraging.

Like the others, I wish you a better and faster recovering than you're hoping for.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Alma Palmira said:

I'm still here, kind of. I had some medical issues, Doc's thought I might die and told me to puts things in order. Along with my RL house cleaning and paperwork, I nuked my two SL alt accounts--Alma and Lucy, and kept my original account. I deleted all my pictures and textures because sixteen years of random hedonism (before I evolved out of that stage) was pretty scary. I deleted all my inventory of clothes and builds and misc detritus except for what I was wearing. It was actually kind of freeing. 

I went to the hospital in April, went to rehab for a couple of months, and then I returned home where I live on a steady diet of narcotics and am confined 100% to bed. (Although I have hope of walking again as I continue Home PT.) It's been an interesting eight months.

Not much has changed in the last 8 months. If you already wear a mesh body and head, you'll likely want to update them both to their most recent version. If you're not using a Lelutka EvoX head, you might want to demo some.  They'll likely put out a free group gift one in December though.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 11:33 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, I know I said I didn't want to post names here because I'd be sure to leave out many. But, in the interest of getting this thread back on topic, and inserting a more positive spin, here's a very partial, incomplete, and subjective list of people whom I wish were back. I am absolutely certain I've forgotten people I'll kick myself for having not listed here, but . . .

I've drawn these from all of the periods I've been here.

I'll start with those whom I know are sort of around because they've posted recently, or are maybe still active elsewhere on the forums, or I've noticed them online in-world. There are all people who should be here more often.

In absolutely no particular order:

@Elora Lunasea
@Maureen Boccaccio (aka FC Den Mother)
@Perrie Juran
@Pamela Galli
@Han Held
@Gabriele Graves
@Nika Talaj
@Sylvia Tamalyn
@Kylie Jaxxon

Now others who, so far as I know, have not been around for a while, or at least I haven't seen them.

Again, in no particular order:

@Dillon Levenque (Wonderful person.)
@Hippie Bowman (Well, duh.)
@Treasure Ballinger (One of my all-time favourites here. An utter delight.)
@Rhonda Huntress (Sad face.)
@Clover Jinx (Another sad face.)
@Argus Collingwood
@Canoro Philipp
@Parhelion Palou
@Amaranthim Talon (One of the very first people to take me under her wing on the old RA)
@Katheryne Helendale
@Ghosty Kips (Because Elora will get lonely.)
@Lexxi Gynoid
@Rioko Bamaisin
@Quinn Morani
@Keli Kyrie
@Eli Schlegal
@Ossian1488303077
@Suspiria Finucane
@Lia Abbot (Always a hoot!)
@Deltango Vale (Clever and sensible. She used to wrap my knuckles occasionally, in a nice but deserved way.)
@Ags Falconer (My favourite monkey.)
@Medhue Simoni
@DQ Darwin
@Sandra Frascati
@Ceera Murakami
@Mags Indigo
@Elric Anatine (Such a gentleman, in the nice sense of that word.)
@Magnus Brody
@Jacki Silverfall
@Snickers Snook (Ran into her in-world a while ago!)

There are a TON of older people from the RA days not on this list -- people in some cases I still am friends with in-world, or on (*gasp*) Facebook, but this is a good start.

And again, NOT COMPREHENSIVE. Basically, the forums have historically mostly been populated by lovely people. Lots of them.

@Scylla Rhiadra, I am TOTALLY flattered that you thought of me and put me in this list. <sniff/> I have missed the fun and helpful community here in SL. Happy to be back. I'm hoping that I can find some help in how to best apply my skillset: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/492529-reputation-in-the-forums/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ags Falconer said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, I am TOTALLY flattered that you thought of me and put me in this list. <sniff/> I have missed the fun and helpful community here in SL. Happy to be back. I'm hoping that I can find some help in how to best apply my skillset: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/492529-reputation-in-the-forums/

Ags, you know I was under a contractual obligation not to deliver spoilers for this new season of The Forum. Would you have wanted me to spoil the surprise?

Honestly, I woke up this morning to a testy email from David Tennant complaining about exactly the same thing. Jeez, people, I'm not Perez Hilton!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.