People who should come back

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:
5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh... I didn't mean we should get helicopters above their houses and force them back to the forum at gunpoint 🙂 Apart from @paulsian 😀

I'm not offended...just a bit confused.

Don't take the bait, Rat. She's trying to bait you.

I've had about enough of this from you Marigold.  I'm not trying to bait anyone, nor have I ever done such a thing.  And you've done this before -- telling others openly in the forum I was doing something strange by relating to an infrequent poster.

Not going to fight -- we can't do that -- I'm just asking you to stop projecting and making these kinds of accusations.

Edited by Luna Bliss

I don't remember most of the people who are being named. I vaguely remember the one who shall not be named. I remember the old toxicity too. It was amusing when I didn't know people and didn't understand how hurtful it was.

The current group & forum is better, imo.

The past is the only dead thing that smells sweet.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't remember most of the people who are being named. I vaguely remember the one who shall not be named. I remember the old toxicity too. It was amusing when I didn't know people and didn't understand how hurtful it was.

The current group & forum is better, imo.

The past is the only dead thing that smells sweet.

When I came back I was actually surprised I didn't have to be on the defensive. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What does it mean if you try to bring up someone to invite back and they don't show up?   Pretty sure I'm spelling it right.  Probably that their account no longer exists here or inworld?

I was gone for a long time, Luna. Maybe they are busy. They most could certainly could come back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What does it mean if you try to bring up someone to invite back and they don't show up?   Pretty sure I'm spelling it right.  Probably that their account no longer exists here or inworld?

I was gone for a long time, Luna. Maybe they are busy. They most could certainly could come back.

I'm meaning when I use the @ function to pull up a name and there's nothing in the drop-down.

*This could be a new feature you're not aware of if you've been gone awhile.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I honestly do hate these kinds of lists, and adding to them, because people get left off, on purpose or accidentally. If I did lurk and did not see my name here, it would have been hurtful.

That said, let me totally contradict myself! I don't know if she was on anyone's long list but one I miss is @Rachel Seelowe

Rachel's been busy in RL for some time, but she still pops in now and then, both in world and on the feeds. I don't know that I ever saw her here in the forums much; I mostly talk with her in the other two spots I just mentioned. And yes, she is a keeper!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Iva (who was also an in-world friend) left SL after a brief announcement that she was taking a break from the platform. She's been gone a great deal longer than anyone expected on the basis of what she told us, and so far as I know, no one has heard from her. It's been very rough, as you can imagine, on Go.

It has been rough on me. Yesterday marked the two year anniversary of her last in-world login. I've gone through all the stages of grief and all I have left is heartbreak and sadness.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 12

1 hour ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

It has been rough on me. Yesterday marked the two year anniversary of her last in-world login. I've gone through all the stages of grief and all I have left is heartbreak and sadness.

I get that.  I retired my first av because it hurt too much to be in world after my first partner left. That was way back in 2012 and I'm OK now, in fact I've been OK for a long time, but I still remember the pain.  I left the forums then too for quite a few years.  @Madelaine McMasters when was it that Dillon's little music thread ended? 2017, 2018?  I came back to the forums after that.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

@Pussycat Catnap

@Alyona Su

I do miss them seeing them around. Wherever they are, I hope they're doing well.

Oooooo and Wildcat Furse, I used to have such a girl crush on her avatar back in the day.

People are never forgotten, but they sometimes gather dust up in my semi-elderly brain.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm still around, though not nearly as much as I used to be.   

While I understand and respect her reasons, I still deeply regret Void Singer's decision to leave the forums, and I'm certain I'm not the only one who misses her. 

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Oooooo and Wildcat Furse, I used to have such a girl crush on her avatar back in the day.

People are never forgotten, but they sometimes gather dust up in my semi-elderly brain.

I thought about Wildcat while reading through this thread yesterday :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

@Madelaine McMasters when was it that Dillon's little music thread ended? 2017, 2018?  I came back to the forums after that.

Dillon's "little" music thread ended sometime in 2018, after more than seven years of sharing music across exactly 10,000 posts. LL's inability to imagine people like us resulted in that 10K post limit, causing the threads death. We kept it going for a little while longer by deleting older posts, but eventually that stopped working, too.

Here's the last song posted to that thread...

Dillon's last post to everyone in the thread, which approximately coincided with her leaving SL was...

"I love you."

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Missed a word!
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.