People who should come back

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

We need @Maureen Boccaccioto show up. Another person I'm friends with in RL but we haven't spoken in a very long time.

I was about to mention that she did, in fact, pop in briefly yesterday I think it was, to "like" some of the posts about the thread that can never die.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I always thought Daria was kind of a fun P.I.T.A. but that was a long time ago. :)

She seemed like it from what I remember.  I just remember some.colorful replies on different subjects.  I'm not sure why I even remembered her.  The other guy was Clarence something.  He didn't seem nice at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

She seemed like it from what I remember.  I just remember some.colorful replies on different subjects.  I'm not sure why I even remembered her.  The other guy was Clarence something.  He didn't seem nice at all.

@Storm Clarence

He pops in occasionally. He was one of Pep's set.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

I always thought Daria was kind of a fun P.I.T.A. but that was a long time ago. :)

I always enjoyed her posts.  She reminded me of myself as a teenager.  She was underage but she was where she felt she belonged.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Maybe Pep was the person I was thinking about being not too nice. 

He was quite often rude and snooty, and would often bait people.  

He had an intelligence and wit that he sometimes used in good ways, but too often he was just mean.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pep was, to put it bluntly, a bully. He was, as Lil says, frequently sort of charming and funny, and often amusing and entertaining, so people tended to like him, but he was toxic AF, and he almost literally chased a number of women from this forum.

I will never forget or forgive his unceasing and brutal harassment of Rhonda.

He "liked" me, mostly as a sparring partner, and I was probably too often soft on him, although we did butt heads a lot. But, while he wasn't the only one, he was the single most important reason this place was a dumpster fire for several years.

Pep was... complicated. I'm not arguing with your assessment, either. When I first showed up he was acerbically, brutally, funny. But mostly fair. Kinda like Simon Cowell. But as time progressed the troll won out. He was mostly kind to me, and when other people were being "brutal" (understatement) he did not join in on that. But he was brutal to others. In the end, what happened needed to happen. And in the end, he was brutal to me, too... but not in the same manner as others.

ETA: I would disagree with you that he was the SINGLE most important reason for the dumpster fires. A reason, but I can think of a few others... 

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

He pops in occasionally. He was one of Pep's set.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Really?  While I knew of roughly a dozen, I think, that was one that I didn't know about.

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, most definitely. And he spent a great deal of time here bemoaning Pep's permaban when it happened.

Sycophantic fan boi par excellence, it was a little creepy to watch actually, like "man-crush" stuff.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Something happened when we moved to the new platform -- and I think it may have been that a lot of people from the old forum didn't make the transition. He had more prestige and social credit, as a result, and there were fewer people with the social authority to keep him in check. He was King of the Hill for a while, and it went to his head.

I was one of those that did not transition to that new forum platform.  He was gone by the time this forum incarnation started and I came back, though I was not truly surprised when I found out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

but I think it had more to do with his creating a spoof Ebbe Linden Twitter account, which he used to mock LL. 

He was still tweeting at me 

1) I'm sorry but that spoof account sounds hilarious. :)  I had no idea about the Twitter stuff. I left SL for quite a while due to... well... that other person & their flock.

2) I'm patting myself on the back for never getting a Twitter account.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

old RA forum

This must have been an iteration after 2005/6. That's when I first faded out of the (I think) second iteration of the forums. Might have still been the first. Anyway, there was no "RA" (whatever that means) back then. Resident Answers? 🤔

The one before whichever iteration this one is.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/120/1.html

🤐

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

This must have been an iteration after 2005/6. That's when I first faded out of the (I think) second iteration of the forums. Might have still been the first. 

The one before whichever iteration this one is.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/120/1.html

Yep. The archived one was my first. I'm not sure exactly when it dates from.

51 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

He was King of the Hill for a while, and it went to his head.

Yep, the king who anointed me "High Priestess of the Forum Cult", and gave me my favorite nickname of all time, "Mad Bag Lady".

He was of the opinion that I was a threat because I'm crazy, not because I'm smart.

Whatever works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.