Reputation in the Forums

Ags Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm easing back into SL after a 9 year hiatis. And now I'm pondering my reputation. Naturally, Joan Jett's lyrical commentary (https://youtu.be/2RK9jjOLDHc) on the general topic sprang to mind.
But for me specifically, I'd love to hear your thoughts dear friends. Should I work toward a good reputation? Or a bad one? Or a bit of both?

reputation.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I never look at anyone's reputation and only think to look at mine when someone brings it up.

Only you can decide what kind of poster you will be.  We have all kinds here from kind to cruel and funny to serious.  Some skate right on the edge of banning jumping in to every thread with their opinions on the topic and the poster.  Others pick and choose where to reply.  Some want to derail topics and get them closed while others pride themselves on spirited debate or humor.

Who will you choose to be?  

Welcome back!

• Like 4

I love seeing some of the old threads.  It's sort of comforting to know some of the same people are still here and I've been posting with them off and on for more than a decade.  I miss some of the people that no longer post here, though.

How was that for a derail?

In SL.

In the SL forums.

The rules have recently changed and an innocent derail can be removed.  We're all still figuring out how to play the new game.  So, you're here to test the limits with us, right?

• Like 4

@Rolig Loon, thank you for the encouragement. I appreciate and value your suggestion!

These forums have been helpful to me (just like I remember from years ago 🙂 )

Um .... however, I am curious. Does anyone know how to actually obtain a "bad reputation"?? Not saying that I want one. But humor me. Say I did?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ags Falconer said:

Um .... however, I am curious. Does anyone know how to actually obtain a "bad reputation"?? Not saying that I want one. But humor me. Say I did?

Besides the "warnings" (and potential Bans!!1!!), if are a troll, or people generally dislike your posts, or you create drama..that can give you a "bad reputation".

But for "post counts" (and the "leaderboard"), there ain't no such thing as a "bad reputation".

I have heard, by the way, that certain reactions do not add to your "positive" count.  (Not sure if "confused" or "laugh" add.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ags Falconer said:

As you mentioned "derail", I was whisked back to 2012 and a piece I worked on then titled "The Art of the Derail". Perhaps others would be interested in some of the insights (or lack thereof)

Hmm, yes. About that. As Cinn has already mentioned . . .

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The rules have recently changed and an innocent derail can be removed.

Also, anything not pretty obviously "about" SL will be locked or removed.

I know that they used to say they didn't like derails, but these days they are actually enforcing that rule. And while it does make for a more coherent place (I guess?), it also means a much more constrained, less lively, and less fun one. You might want to review the new "rules" pinned to the top, to which Rolig has directed you.

Now, about reputation . . . when I came back in 2018, I simply asked people to give me more reputation points (as I had none). And they did!

Reputation never matter much anyway, and it matters less now that it's not even visible unless you go to someone's profile to look. But in the OLD days, you could get a sort of bad reputation by having way more posts than actual reputation points. So, if it's a bad reputation you want, you're already there!

I suppose you can also get ratioed here, as on Twitter -- lots of quoted posts, but far fewer reputation points?

And finally, if you're not good at pitching in grooming the others -- assisting with de-lousing and so on, you know -- well . . . word gets around.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Rolig Loon and @Love Zhaoying, thanks again. Very helpful and that guidance makes good sense.

@Scylla Rhiadra, all sounds good, and as you well know, I am an expert de-louser. But I probably shouldn't post a link here to my YouTube instructional series on that.

After reviewing the Community Guidelines, sounds like I can smoke all the bananas I want out back of the student lounge--with no problems. 

smokin banana.png

Edited by Ags Falconer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Ags Falconer said:

After reviewing the Community Guidelines, sounds like I can smoke all the bananas I want out back of the student lounge--with no problems.

That's fine, that's fine. I never go there anyway.

Do keep an eye out for the Mean Girls here, though. Last week they upended my tray of Salisbury steak and potatoes au gratin on my lap.

Hell%2527s+Grannies+Monty+Pyton.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's fine, that's fine. I never go there anyway.

Do keep an eye out for the Mean Girls here, though. Last week they upended my tray of Salisbury steak and potatoes au gratin on my lap.

Hell%2527s+Grannies+Monty+Pyton.jpg

@Scylla Rhiadra, O.M.G. O.M.G!! so sorry to hear about your frightening encounter. And such a sad waste of good steak and potatoes. 

In world, I'll be rezzing you my Mean Girls Blaster Max 9000.

Please keep it as long as you need. Please be safe.

mean girl blaster.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ags Falconer said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, O.M.G. O.M.G!! so sorry to hear about your frightening encounter. And such a sad waste of good steak and potatoes. 

In world, I'll be rezzing you my Mean Girls Blaster Max 9000.

Please keep it as long as you need. Please be safe.

mean girl blaster.png

It fires lipstick????

• Haha 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.