What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

makes me want to join in the eating of fries in chocolate shake, and we all should know kitties are lactose intolerant.

This was my ONE wish today. I talked about it here and to a couple of people, one of whom said, "So get the junk food s'ready!"

I wanted french fries and to dunk them in chocolate milkshake.

I went to McDonald's. I waited in the busy drive-thru lane. I placed my order. Annnnnnnnndddd...

"I'm sorry but our shake machine is not working right now."

AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Expletive.

One thing.

And where I live there are few options for a shake, so I was escrewed. 

PEEVE!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

This was my ONE wish today. I talked about it here and to a couple of people, one of whom said, "So get the junk food s'ready!"

I went to McDonald's. I waited in the busy drive-thru lane. I placed my order. Annnnnnnnndddd...

AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Expletive.

One thing.

PEEVE!

kitten-hugs.jpg

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

One annoying thing I ran into recently was an ABM that need a mobile  phone to operate it. No card slot.  I had to find another machine down the block since I'm one of 15 people on the planet that don't have a mobile device.

Ohhhh! Automatic BANK Machine. I've always heard them called ATMs, not ABMs. I've never seen one without a card slot. 😬

Edit: Maybe that's the difference? ABM for cells, ATM for cards? Shimaknee, don't ask me.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, ABM is an AntiBallistic Missile.  One that works on a mobile phone would be scary.   🚀

Bur delightfully effective in a restaurant, cinema, theatre or classroom? Very low payload, of course. COVID is doing enough damage to those places without wiping them out.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Expletive.

One thing.

PEEVE!

McDonalds told me the ice cream machine was not working here too.... on a friday night! It's mercury retrograde stuff...... by the way, when I want chocolate milk on my corn flakes I do it!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

People who don't understand that the lack of a dot above my head means voice is disabled.

I had someone apparently talk at me on voice for like ten minutes before starting to complain about me ignoring them, and it's not the first time either.

Some ignored if you're not dotted!

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Old.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

People who don't understand that the lack of a dot above my head means voice is disabled.

I had someone apparently talk at me on voice for like ten minutes before starting to complain about me ignoring them, and it's not the first time either.

Tbh? Voice itself is an annoyance for me half of the time. It alienates most of us and for those of us that are hard of hearing, it's a struggle as they generally expect someone to chat on voice. I have mine turned off most of the time for reasons like that and more. Other reasons it's annoying hearing those munches and overall sounds people make with a bloody open mic. Voice in it's concept is an amazing thing but more often than not in practice it's a headache.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

This has happened to me many times. I'm deaf and when others have done this in the past after I apologize and explain I'm deaf, I get accused of lying. I found that those who act that way aren't worth the worry or my time most often than not. I cannot change their attitude and the only person"s behavior and actions I have control over is myself. I'm sorry anyone has gone through this. It can be extremely unpleasant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Don't worry about it they can write what they wanted again with a message. If they don't then it was nothing important as usual.
I am almost 99% with voice off in SL unless it's necessary to talk with a customer.
When it comes to friends they call me on my skype, those who don't have it are randoms and doesn't matter what they want anyway. Keeping it simple.
  • Like 1

I usually have voice enabled so I can listen to others talk, I have speakers, but I dont talk through voice. I will just respond in text. Im more used to using text online from all the games and irc and other text message services I have used that voice just seems sort of pointless to me.

peeve... people who object into being turning into other...  some people like to be objectified. or turned in to a mirror or chair or lamp or painting or some 'other' thing.

People who insert their own feelings/readings/meanings into responses they receive after making threads that serve very little purpose.

Oh yes and people who honestly believe that Linden lab takes action on any information provided to them that comes from an external source (Linden Lab can and will only take action on things/information contained within their own services, no matter what your personal opinion on the matter happens to be).

• Like 1

I come across so many events where the creator didn't setup their gift box correctly. It's either one of these issues:

A. No script inside to give gift on click.

B. Not set for sale to buy the gift.

C. Not set to the event group but to the designers group.

D. Contacting the creators by notecard and the ones who don't reply, I wonder if they fixed it and didn't want to take the time to tell me?

Or they didn't care and were too lazy to go to the event and fix it.

I'm thinking lazy might not apply. Might only be concerned with sales.

It does leave a bad impression to not setup the gift correctly. If you are unable to re-check that everything is how it should be, that same method could be applied to your full version products as well.

I came across a full version product that only had the texture hud inside. Instead of going back to the event and added in the product to the vendor, the designer decided to let the csr deal with all the upset and frustrated customers, like me, and told to go to her mainstore to get the redelivery. How lazy do you have to be to do that to your customers? I still buy her products because the quality is excellent but I'm wary about buying because it may not have everything included inside the package. Her csr is great by the designer herself has no bedside manner aka zero compassion for her customer base.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.