What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I prefer to make friends the old fashioned way

Back in the dark ages of the birth of Second Life, registering a "friend" almost certainly meant a friend in the normal meaning of the word; someone you hang out with, see regularly, enjoy similar activities etc, etc

Fast forward to 2020. The concept of "friend" has become completely distorted and generally refers to anyone with sufficient intelligence to tick the correct box and the gall to ask in the first place. "Oh look! I've got 1242 friends!!". Oh no you haven't. If you're lucky, you might have 5 friends and 1237 names that you can't even remember where you were when you met.

To avoid this gross misuse, we have Calling Cards. If all that was wanted was a quick and easy way to get someone's contact details, that is the perfect solution (and offers nearly the same facilities as a "friend" without conferring the status.

"Calling Cards? What the heck are those?", I hear...and that's my peeve.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Odaks said:

To avoid this gross misuse, we have Calling Cards. If all that was wanted was a quick and easy way to get someone's contact details, that is the perfect solution (and offers nearly the same facilities as a "friend" without conferring the status.

"Calling Cards? What the heck are those?", I hear...and that's my peeve.

Calling Cards were great, the problem is that in one of the major revamps of the viewer, LL took the obvious way to offer someone your calling card out of the context menus.  This had given them a prominence which in turn helped people discover them.

Interesting fact:  Anyone can create a calling card "from" anyone without actually being given it by that avatar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People who just can't/won't do their damned jobs. Nobody cares any more, and haven't for a long time. It is like you have to applaud someone just for being competent. 

If you tell someone you WILL call them back by such and such a time/date, then ffs, DO IT. Even if it means you have to say, "Sorry, still don't have the info you need."

Concept.

Peeve: People.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

peeve... people with peeves... "whaaa life is not going how I want. I need to rant about it..."

Point of order, Chairperson!

You can't have a peeve about people having a peeve in a thread about people having a peeve!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

People who send blind TP offers. Strangers get blocked. Friends get one warning. I don't give a crap if you set up a contact group. If you can't control your TP requests, don't send them.

I once got a TP request spam from a DJ when I was standing right in front of him. D00d, wut?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

I once got a TP request spam from a DJ when I was standing right in front of him. D00d, wut?

Omg that happened to me and in my noob glory, I accepted the TP which brought me right on stage next to the DJ... which then got me booted from the club!

Edited by AdminGirl
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Omg that happened to me and in my noob glory, I accepted the TP which brought me right on stage next to the DJ... which then got me booted from the club!

TP spam only to eject upon arrival? Who does that? That's one good way for a club to earn a spot on the boycott list.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

TP spam only to eject upon arrival? Who does that? That's one good way for a club to earn a spot on the boycott list.

could have been maybe they didn't like the avatar the other person had like how some clubs are anti-furry/mythical animals.

could have been a club that still thinks that it would still help on visitor count and doesn't realize they have to be there for a set time for it to count as actual traffic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

People who just can't/won't do their damned jobs. Nobody cares any more, and haven't for a long time. It is like you have to applaud someone just for being competent. 

If you tell someone you WILL call them back by such and such a time/date, then ffs, DO IT. Even if it means you have to say, "Sorry, still don't have the info you need."

Concept.

Peeve: People.

Yep. Nope. Sorry. No can do. Most of them ARE incompetent and many of them are trained to be that way even if they aren't aware of it. I've worked several call centers and it's been the same in everyone last one of them. The Adobe contract at Stream (merged with Convergys in 2014 and I have worked for Convergys since) was the worst. I was given the worst evaluation score ever for me because I actually helped a customer resolve an ongoing issue he had been trying to get resolved for more than a year simply by suggesting he use Google. That was a huge no no. Imagine not being able to suggest someone use a search engine to find a solution to a problem. Now multiply that by 10. That's how badly call centers can and do tie the hands of CSRs. So I don't blame the CSRs or call center clients, I blame the call centers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yep. Nope. Sorry. No can do. Most of them ARE incompetent and many of them are trained to be that way even if they aren't aware of it. I've worked several call centers and it's been the same in everyone last one of them. The Adobe contract at Stream (merged with Convergys in 2014 and I have worked for Convergys since) was the worst. I was given the worst evaluation score ever for me because I actually helped a customer resolve an ongoing issue he had been trying to get resolved for more than a year simply by suggesting he use Google. That was a huge no no. Imagine not being able to suggest someone use a search engine to find a solution to a problem. Now multiply that by 10. That's how badly call centers can and do tie the hands of CSRs. So I don't blame the CSRs or call center clients, I blame the call centers.

I did some tours of duty as a phone AND IM CSR. I liked the IM one because it was a lot easier to make faces without it showing in my voice. I could swap stories. I was a CSR for Obamacare the FIRST year it was out. Remember the nightly news stories about how nothing worked? hahahahahahaha. Yeah. That was me. Nothing like having a job review on national tv. :)

Yes, the way those companies are run are abhorrent. Awful. Anti-customer service. BUT... I can tell, and I'm sure you can tell too, there's a difference between a CSR who is truly trying to help and has her hands tied, and from a CSR who could not give an eff, is probably filing her nails, etc.

My person that I'm peeved at was from the medical center. I don't *think* they are outsourced (some are) but I don't know. I also worked medical office, at various levels, and damnit, if I said I'd call, I'd call! This is people's health and/or money!  Because I didn't get the phone call, my appointment today was basically worthless, and I have to return on the day I suspected I would have to. (Too early for my staples to come out today.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I did some tours of duty as a phone AND IM CSR. I liked the IM one because it was a lot easier to make faces without it showing in my voice. I could swap stories. I was a CSR for Obamacare the FIRST year it was out. Remember the nightly news stories about how nothing worked? hahahahahahaha. Yeah. That was me. Nothing like having a job review on national tv. :)

Yes, the way those companies are run are abhorrent. Awful. Anti-customer service. BUT... I can tell, and I'm sure you can tell too, there's a difference between a CSR who is truly trying to help and has her hands tied, and from a CSR who could not give an eff, is probably filing her nails, etc.

My person that I'm peeved at was from the medical center. I don't *think* they are outsourced (some are) but I don't know. I also worked medical office, at various levels, and damnit, if I said I'd call, I'd call! This is people's health and/or money!  Because I didn't get the phone call, my appointment today was basically worthless, and I have to return on the day I suspected I would have to. (Too early for my staples to come out today.)

At least you haven't had to deal with data breeches and have to tell bald faced lies to customers. That is one company I will never work for again.

WE can tell because we've been behind the scenes. Most people can't tell.

I've been waiting for my gastro's office to call me with the results from an ultrasound/sonogram that was done more than 6 months ago. They called me to today wondering why I hadn't done the ultrasound. WTF? They said they would look into it and call me back. Yeah. Right. That's what they said last two times and never called back. 

• Sad 1

Cashiers at local stores who treat some customers differently.... but I'm leaving the rest out due to politics/thread Hijackerz.....waits patiently for more self checkouts and robot replacements.

Edited by Sassy Kenin

7 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Thank you for making my day!

That's just priceless. lol

Glad to hear it. :)

Now that there is at least one animation what will work as an Ipossibru meme, we need someone to make a set to include the rest of the Rage Faces series. *nods head*

• Haha 2

The two-legged avatar is moping today. Big time. Another thread is posting alot :::giggles at Rowan::: of cat pictures, and the biped is now really missing being able to share space with a cat. Who can blame her? I mean, us felines, amirite? The world is a horrid place without us being able to spread our charms (and litter, and food, and hairballs).

She's been too mopey to go inworld and take those pictures that fascinate her so much. She keeps pointing to the row of staples in her gut (gawd I love those shiny things! I want them there forEVER) and the blood clot area on her arm and wanting to eat french fries dunked in chocolate shake, but can't because it is too much work to go out and get some.

Seriously, the girl is driving me bats.

Peeve: Seicher

Maybe these attachments will make her less obnoxious...  (Second peeve: Earlier this year there was a very nice thread about feelz that the trolls got shut down. And where this peeve would have been placed instead. Effing trolls.)

cat hugging toy.gif

• Like 5

@RowanMinx I prefer to think there is just one of "them", you know, the folks you alluded to elsewhere as being a folk and not folks? The thought that there are actually TWO of them, and they both post, just, well, makes me want to join in the eating of fries in chocolate shake, and we all should know kitties are lactose intolerant.

And yes, yes, this is for sure under the topic of Peeve.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.