What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Peeve of the day: Those who send notecards or IMs asking the same question to all five of us CSRs, but who then never follow up with a quick "My issue has been resolved by [CSR name]" follow-up IM or notecard once the first of us to respond has fixed their issue or answered their question. The number of times I've woken up, checked my emails, and seen two or three offline IMs or notecard offers that end up this way is getting ridiculous now.

Every single time we've realised that we all got the same notecard, we have never received a follow-up. And quite frequently we've all drafted up a response (sometimes the issue can be complicated, and thus the response takes us a while to type up; I've spent 30 minutes on detailed notecard responses to some of these people), and sent it, only to be greeted with "Oh, X fixed it. Thanks anyway."

No, thank you for wasting two cumulative hours of our time.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

There is this trend of certain big creators in SL having in-world sales.

Of course, this means that their woefully small homestead sims are full 24/7 until the sale ends, making both getting in and actually doing the shopping a miserable experience. Yet since the sales are only active in-world... welp.

I also saw a person there with a two million polygons and 10 mb of script usage so this is kind of a double peeve.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Peeve of the day: Those who send notecards or IMs asking the same question to all five of us CSRs, but who then never follow up with a quick "My issue has been resolved by [CSR name]" follow-up IM or notecard once the first of us to respond has fixed their issue or answered their question.

Saw a shop that had a sign that if a CSR solved the issue, let the CSR know, event if it's just a "thank you."

I remember long ago one shop had a bot CSR that every time you bought something, got an auto-PM from it trying to invite to a group that costs I think 50 or 100L and some spew.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Pet Peeve of the Day: People that go to the beach or go barefoot and keep their high heel feet on. Do you go to the beach or barefoot in RL and stand on your tiptoes all day??? Drives me bonkers when I see this.

I know someone in rl who went and got glamour photos done. She went for the "wearing high heels in a bikini on the beach" look. Eek.

• Like 2

Stores that don't put landmarks in their Demos.

I tend to grab lots of demos at a time, try them all out, and then return to the stores for the ones I want.   Having to pull up my TP history and search for each stores is a PITA.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

On 9/18/2020 at 8:02 AM, Seicher Rae said:

Snotty peeves today, about SL Flickr:

• Every photo on a tilted camera angle.
  •  

You kids, get off my lawn!

Just a follow up on this peeve.  I went through all my contacts today and unfollowed everyone whose last dozen or so pictures have been tilted.  My equilibrium feels better already.  My OCD, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

This typically means it isn't noted as a Demo and tied to the full version -- report it.

So they must've employed some tricks to bypass the search filtering process.  My list of boycotting stores who pull this crap is running into the double digits.  😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Another reason for high feet in beach sand would be doing the run-walk ow-ow-ow over hot sand. I do that on toes, too, to minimize surface contact. I'm *sure* that is the reason for it in SL.

Well, that makes sense. Bet you won't forget the sandals next time. :P

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.