What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

My pet peeve is how easily a thread can be locked. There were a few peeve posts thrown in there just before it got locked.

It's more a confusion than a peeve but just to keep it on topic 😒

To be fair, there had been pages and pages of ASMR talk, which really had nothing to do with peeves. I mean, I don't care personally since I seldom participate in that thread, but I can see why it ultimately got locked for going far off topic. 

• Like 4

My pet peeve is when i see something nice on marketplace or shop and then there reads it's only for some mesh body or head i don't use. Though i'm starting to think it's only good, 'cause it saves my money. ^_^

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Group Chat and Group chat lag have been driving me nuts.

Someone: How do I....

You: Well, click detach from yourself to get the box off your head.

What shows up in Chat:

Someone: Help! I've been like this for two days

You: Sorry, the last one didn't go through: click detach from yourself to get the box off your head.

What shows up in Chat:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Since I bear some responsibility for the locking of the original peeves thread, I've started another and promise to stay out of it!

Carry on, Kids!!!

How in the world do you get a *peeve* thread locked??????

I thought for sure another long-running thread was going to get locked a few days ago, though. I thought that conversation might spawn a new thread, which would have been entertaining if not really useful, but seems not...

• Haha 2

OK.... Not a recurring peeve but one that is appropriate for today....  Getting to almost the end of a week without major things going off the rails, and then watching things start to unravel at 2:30 on a Friday.  It's not that weekends are really any different from the rest of the week, but my brain says that Fridays are for cleaning up loose ends, not for watching them spawn.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:
6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My Pet Peeve is that those who claim materialism as the only reality think they own the world.   🤣

Isn't it ironic.

whoa.... you're not just a pretty face   :)

The strongest pet peeve I have, is when I allow myself to get annoyed over things that shouldn't matter.  I find it a flaw in myself, things like going the speed limit because a car in front of me is following the law.  Why do such things annoy me?  I wish I could go through life, without as much of a concern over things.  I really don't want to end up a grumpy old person, waving my fists at everything and spending my days complaining to others about trivial things that shouldn't matter that much.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

How in the world do you get a *peeve* thread locked??????

I wondered this and it looks like it's because it turned into an ASMR thread, so my peeve is why didn't people start an ASMR thread so we could talk about our favourite stuff. But no, it got hidden in a random long thread where most people wouldn't look and then got locked for being off-topic, so I have peeves people. So many peeves!

I still don't like it when fly gets turned off in places. That's my eternal pet peeve.

• Like 1

Thanks, Ivy, it was one of the Grand Old Threads!  May this one continue in its spirit.

My peeve today is about SL's performance.  I've noticed two things happening in the last week or so.  First, there is a lot more of the "people can't see what I am wearing" issue, whether that is clothes or mesh bodies.  Second, since the latest Firestorm viewer update, my frame rate has dropped significantly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I still don't like it when fly gets turned off in places. That's my eternal pet peeve.

^^ This.  Though I get around it most of the time by using Firestorm and ticking the Fly Override each time I log in. 

Apparently, flying can be detected via scripts though.  I have my preferences set to 'Always fly after teleport' and in some places I'll get a message box telling me to stop flying or I'll be booted out.  There are also a few places that specifically say that if you fly there you will be booted and banned from returning.  

A merchant told me once that they don't allow flying because they don't want their competitors flying up high to their work skybox and seeing what they are working on.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To be fair, there had been pages and pages of ASMR talk, which really had nothing to do with peeves. I mean, I don't care personally since I seldom participate in that thread, but I can see why it ultimately got locked for going far off topic. 

When I ran a board and a thread got off topic, I gave a warning to stay on topic and if not, it's shut up tighter then my uncles wallet. I have seen mods give warnings too on some threads.

Getting back on topic, my latest is when trying to order a CD on Amazon and got a message it was no longer available except for a streaming version. I'm old school and still want the dumb CD!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.