What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just everything about the Shop & Hop sims. Please. If you're going to have mass events like this, do something to help them go smoothly. The vendors don't even work when half the visitors use half a second of script time and like 5-10mb of memory.

Would it really be too much to ask for to have some kind of script use gate for these linden events? I literally cannot shop at them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Just everything about the Shop & Hop sims.

I wish there was a gallery of everything thats been sold at the event, so I can check if there is anything I'd like to take a look at, prior to suffering through multiple crowded sims.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Just everything about the Shop & Hop sims. Please. If you're going to have mass events like this, do something to help them go smoothly. The vendors don't even work when half the visitors use half a second of script time and like 5-10mb of memory.

Would it really be too much to ask for to have some kind of script use gate for these linden events? I literally cannot shop at them.

This is why I never go to the Shop & Hop events in the first week, sometimes not even the second week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I wish there was a gallery of everything thats been sold at the event, so I can check if there is anything I'd like to take a look at, prior to suffering through multiple crowded sims.

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is why I never go to the Shop & Hop events in the first week, sometimes not even the second week.

If you are a member of the Second Life Birthday group for this and the last shop and hop they had group only early access a day before official opening. When i visited about 9-10am SLT (early evening UK time) excluding the odd Linden, Mole & Booth owner the regions were almost empty virtually no lag to fight through. As it got in to early afternoon onwards SLT last region i visited the numbers picked up 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you are a member of the Second Life Birthday group for this and the last shop and hop they had group only early access a day before official opening. When i visited about 9-10am SLT (early evening UK time) excluding the odd Linden, Mole & Booth owner the regions were almost empty virtually no lag to fight through. As it got in to early afternoon onwards SLT last region i visited the numbers picked up 

Unfortunately, I am in the US and work a normal 'daytime' job, which means that anytime Mon-Fri that is during SLT "day", I will be working.  By the time I am off work, so is everyone else in the US and it has been open long enough to be packed.

19 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Ah, I should've known. Early access in the Halloween event, for the birthday event group!

• Haha 1

Creators who have certain restrictions on double purchase refunds. There's one where the creator will only refund your double purchase if they were made within minutes of each other, which is dumb because that is rarely how double purchases happen. It's usually when you've forgotten you bought the same thing a long time ago.

Another is when they'll only refund you if you contact them within 24 hours or something. Like why? Sometimes you don't realize it until much later. It's as if they don't want to help their customers and they're happy you paid twice for the same thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2020 at 9:07 PM, AdminGirl said:

Creators who have certain restrictions on double purchase refunds. There's one where the creator will only refund your double purchase if they were made within minutes of each other, which is dumb because that is rarely how double purchases happen. It's usually when you've forgotten you bought the same thing a long time ago.

Another is when they'll only refund you if you contact them within 24 hours or something. Like why? Sometimes you don't realize it until much later. It's as if they don't want to help their customers and they're happy you paid twice for the same thing.

I ran into a few of those and simply moved on. Sometimes our brains crash like a computer and buy the same item again. I did run into one store and attempted to buy something and the vendor said "You purchased this item on....."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I did run into one store and attempted to buy something and the vendor said "You purchased this item on....."

Caspervend is great for that.  Not sure if other networked vendors do that or not, but that is definitely one of the advantages of using those vendors over places just selling from their own boxes/panels.

7 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Creators failing to understand that not all facial expressions are created equal when putting them into furniture.  At least state which heads the bento animations are meant for so people won't end up with impossibru faces for wearing the wrong head.

I can agree with this one. Its really funny and yet not when you sit on a piece of furniture and suddenly you face gets all screwed up because of the animations the furniture has.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Creators failing to understand that not all facial expressions are created equal when putting them into furniture.  At least state which heads the bento animations are meant for so people won't end up with impossibru faces for wearing the wrong head.

Pics? Please?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People that say they are leaving a thread, but instead go back to it over and over again.

I feel like I should probably be apologizing here...

If I am not currently guilty, then I am saving up an apology for my future peeving based on your grievance.

I am weak...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

I feel like I should probably be apologizing here...

If I am not currently guilty, then I am saving up an apology for my future peeving based on your grievance.

I am weak...

Well, at least you usually do leave for more than an hour or two.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tanja Jarvinen said:

My nr. 1 is people using the letters Æ Ø Å, that are not from Denmark or Norway.

Also Linden Lab last names team who made the error to write the real name Järvinen as Jarvinen. Aaargghh... 😲 🤪    Jarvinen is not a last name. Järvinen is.
The dots in letter ä do have purpose and meaning, they are not just some "not very important decoration".

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Jarvinen is not a last name.

Actually, in the US, it is a last name, with and without the special character.  

The interesting part of the US is that many variations of foreign names exist here.  Many of them because the original immigrants did the slight name change themselves - for both positive and negative reasons.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tanja Jarvinen said:

My nr. 1 is people using the letters Æ Ø Å, that are not from Denmark or Norway.

I'm reminded of a time when I saw an avatar with a German Eszett in their display name. I was tempted to send an IM to ask, "What is a ssitch"?

Edited by Eddy Vortex
typos
  • Haha 2

On Marketplace:

• Not providing a clear picture of the product. Too many images have text, color effects, and other junk, and are badly lit. 
  • Searching for "fitmesh" brings up many products that aren't fitmesh.
  • Ads totally irrelevant to what's being searched.
  • The search checkboxes should work like the ones for auto accessory stores, where you put in Toyota->Corolla->2018 and you only see stuff that fits.
  • A "has demo" checkbox for search.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.