What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You've been in hiding recently! Welcome back!

Thank you very much. I looked for the old thread but I admit I did laugh at the derail...some thing never change. No Tay-Tay gifs though, bit disappointing. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Scylla, you should have told me you liked David Mitchell being literary.

Well, I like David Mitchell being anything, really.

I can't tell you how often I've had to stop myself from posting the grammar Nazi skit from M&W here.

PS. Thanks for this! I can use it! It's hilarious!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Peeve: people who don’t grok the foo of kitten people? 
1B537A1B-74F0-4042-92B2-97FAA6B501E1.gif.bbec09f860332051ef7b8972740962f4.gif

I get not wanting any cats yourself, sure. But you have to allow for we who wuv to fuzzle-wuzzle our widdle woojum bbys. 

/me thinks your boots are looking more in need of lick polishing than Scylla's right now :::purrs:::

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Arsingmongle just hit my vocab list. My friend Storm is going to hear about this, she's teaching me all of these good English terms and left this one out.

It was a new one for me too. I think they may have taken a bit of artistic licence with the Shakespearean Insult Machine.

• Like 2

Met a nice person,was distanced at first,because wasn't sure   that it's even worth the time even to be friends.later  changed look for a pic. And then he came online and we met,so I appeared on look from yesterday pics.what reaction I expected?no idea,but his reaction was:awww so pale and chubby,lool. 

That was biggest red flag I saw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Peeve -  Flu jab hangover 

I'd never had a reaction to a flu shot before this year. The injection itself was so painless I didn't know the nurse had done it. I thought she was just taking her time with the alcohol swab. The next day, I felt like I'd fallen off a ladder. The day after, I felt like I'd swallowed a bowling ball.  The day after that, I wanted to throw up that bowling ball. It's been six days and I'm still not back to 100%.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'd never had a reaction to a flu shot before this year. The injection itself was so painless I didn't know the nurse had done it. I thought she was just taking her time with the alcohol swab. The next day, I felt like I'd fallen off a ladder. The day after, I felt like I'd swallowed a bowling ball.  The day after that, I wanted to throw up that bowling ball. It's been six days and I'm still not back to 100%.

Mine was Tuesday.  Like you no real reaction before and the actual jab I didnt feel a thing.  I was fine yesterday and this morning.  After lunch BAM.  I had to climb into bed and sleep for 2 hours.  I am really hoping it will be a 24 thing.   I hope you feel better soon

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.