What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Geez, you guys! And your reactions to the flu shots! Historically I have reactions about 50% of the time, and when I do I feel punky for a day or two and my arm is sore.

This year they jabbed me while I was in the hospital for days due to the emergency abdominal surgery. I felt like hell from the surgery. So honestly, now I wonder if I also felt like crap from the vaccine. How would I have known the difference?

I hope you both feel better soon. Getting the shot was important.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Peeve - myself. 

Sitting waiting for a call from my doctor for over an hour before calling the surgery to find out why.  They rang 3 times and didn't get me.  I rant a bit about nothing being wrong with the phone as I am talking to them on it. Eventually they forwarded me to the doc, he sorts the medication out then says  btw do you have call blocking on for witheld numbers  /me  ooops 😊

btw @Madelaine McMasters  I went to bed at 7 pm and slept solid 11 hours (unheard of) and feel I have shaken off the after effects of the flu shot.  Hope you are feeling better 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Peeve - myself. 

Sitting waiting for a call from my doctor for over an hour before calling the surgery to find out why.  They rang 3 times and didn't get me.  I rant a bit about nothing being wrong with the phone as I am talking to them on it. Eventually they forwarded me to the doc, he sorts the medication out then says  btw do you have call blocking on for witheld numbers  /me  ooops 😊

btw @Madelaine McMasters  I went to bed at 7 pm and slept solid 11 hours (unheard of) and feel I have shaken off the after effects of the flu shot.  Hope you are feeling better 

No Doctor should be calling from a Withheld/Private Number.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

They've got one of these new automated systems when you call them.  I presume its something to do with that

My Primary Care doc's office has an automated system when you call them .... The number you're supposed to call to reach them is the same number that shows up when you get a call from them.

For whatever reason, they purposely chose to block.

• Like 1

They do Eddie. I get one sided cluster migraines. Often for three days. Occasionally with scintillating scotoma. What joy!

I got the pneumonia jab recently, and that sunk me for two days, and made my arm impossible to touch. They did warn me........... OUCH!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Misanthropes Anonymous

Are we really anonymous though? I mean, I don't know about you, but I think the shirts give it away.

Shirt_MisathropeA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Are we really anonymous though? I mean, I don't know about you, but I think the shirts give it away.

Shirt_MisathropeA.jpg

I've been doing the Misanthropes Anon. schtick for ages. I originally started it with Misanthropes R Us. Not sure why I changed it. But yeah, it should be something like "the first rule of Misanthropes is..."  And I need that t-shirt. And if I ever go back to seeing my therapist in person, I will wear it and set "our" progress back a couple of years. :D

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.