How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 2/18/2020 at 10:31 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Well, apparently the post in General Discussion about why people like things actually started here.  If I'd known that, I wouldn't have posted at all, but I do enjoy reading the drama.  Too bad it drifted into private messages as well, though.  

How do I look today?  I don't have a high end computer with the latest graphics card or a fiber internet connection.  Depth of Field is a thing...  I saw it was an option in settings. I rarely turn on ultra-graphics because it may lead to the meltdown of my laptop.  I will never be able to post the quality of photos that some people can and I don't really have an artistic eye for graphic design and color.  I do my best.  Would I mind a "like" for encouragement?  Acknowledgment of the time I did spend messing with windlight settings? Even knowing that I can't measure up to the best photos here?  Not at all.  If no one acknowledges the effort at all, I would still put up the occasional photo because I like it.  So, here it is.  I took the old alt in to explore new Bellesseria regions on her hoverboard.  Here's how I looked today:

567512300_original_5e4ca80773ed17360a6b463d1.thumb.png.7c21f09df0f069c667f3a2e2ac1d4c08.png

I did try out Depth of Field.  That must be why the background is ridiculously blurry and, hey, turned on shadows, too.

You're doing a lot better than me.  I couldn't get the depth of field to work right.  Everything looks as if I've misplaced my glasses; all blurry, even when I have the camera pointed at the subject... or should I have it pointed at any random spot in the background?

I have a fast aging jalopy that would threaten to rage quit if I dare crank the graphic setting to ultra, so I have it at mid-range to keep the putter happy.  Raw shots are just as nice, and in some cases better than post-processed shots.  With the right windlight, you don't even need to color correct in Photoshop.  I basically do the point & shoot method of taking pictures at anything that catches my eye.  I never do post-processing on my pictures.  Adjusting highlights, shadows, and exposure? What's that? The most I could do is crop and add meme texts.   Sure, they may look like amateur tourist photos, but I'm not looking to get into the "photography super bowl".  I do snapshots simply because it's fun.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

You're doing a lot better than me.  I couldn't get the depth of field to work right.  Everything looks as if I've misplaced my glasses; all blurry, even when I have the camera pointed at the subject... or should I have it pointed at any random spot in the background?

uhmmmm, for me is the same

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm done tweaking.  It's to the point it all looks the same and I'm just making it worse instead of better.

So ... here I am with a BOM head.  Notice the hair, eyebrow and eye shadow all play nicely!  No alpha glitch.

20200219_007.thumb.jpg.574ec04b552a5653b77b48bf70b81db1.jpg

And to tie this back to my dance thread ... here's the full look.

20200219_011.thumb.jpg.5a20c0a0186704838dbed80119661153.jpg.

I kind of have the body of a woman wrestler.  But that's the body I made and I made it for a reason.  So it's gonna stay that way.  

You are looking gorgeous Rhonda. If you feel good of your 'woman wrestler' (what I think it doesnt look like one, more a sportive body) dont change it. If they don't appraoch you for a dance and a nice chat it is their bad luck. Just saying 😀

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have mastered BoM -- yay, me!  Also I went a tiny bit darker, because I was blinding myself in certain Windlight settings.

Oh, and new profile pic :D

Ajay and Coffee.neck fix.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Fixing a neck glitch; unedited photo available (not that anyone is going to request it, but you can)
  • Like 24

5 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

You look great.  I wasn't thinking lady wrestler but more like this 

This song...

7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm done tweaking.  It's to the point it all looks the same and I'm just making it worse instead of better.

So ... here I am with a BOM head.  Notice the hair, eyebrow and eye shadow all play nicely!  No alpha glitch.

20200219_007.thumb.jpg.574ec04b552a5653b77b48bf70b81db1.jpg

20200219_011.thumb.jpg.5a20c0a0186704838dbed80119661153.jpg.

I kind of have the body of a woman wrestler.  But that's the body I made and I made it for a reason.  So it's gonna stay that way.  

...really suits the mood of the pic! 😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Today i got all my stuff back by Sim return and i thought my Jan kicked me for no reason,lol. But when i checked e-mail he wrote me that sim  owner is sick,so he will close them sin and ask all the tennants need to clean the parcels and then sim will dissapear. I loved Adventures of dust place even when i  don't   lived there with my Jan,and even when we will find another one,i hope Hilver(sim owner)will get better soon. 

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 19

1517639732_RFLRaehouse1_015_2048.thumb.jpg.a477b494d17a8cf58118e2aed2080cee.jpg

Guess what kind of princess I am...

No PP,  raw shot in Black Dragon viewer. Taken at Folkvang here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lexicolo/207/40/2999

The ride/experience through Norse Mythology is amazing and very well done. I've been going back there now for years. LOVE it! ❤️ 

Edited by RaeLeeH
Meh.
  • Like 33

10 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

20200219_011.thumb.jpg.5a20c0a0186704838dbed80119661153.jpg

Stunning Rhonda, truly....but - she's still giving off that "Go on...IM me, I dare ya!...…… yeah, keep on dreaming boy!" kinda vibe!
Lol, maybe I've just been embarrassed by being 'blown out' by too many pretty girls in my life!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

uhmmmm, for me is the same

@Gregorian Chant DOF can be tricky and it adds viewer lag. [Alt-]left-click on whatever you want to be in focus. It is also possible to have the viewer focus on whatever your cursor is over, which I think gets confusing.

The viewer's DOF can be set to have deep or shallow field of focus. If you have it too shallow (thin) then everything will be out of focus. You can get it so thin not even all the avatar can be in focus.

DOF and a Spacenavigator gets complicated. You'll have to do some switching back and forth... well I have 3 input devices. So, it is a bit more complicated for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

Stunning Rhonda, truly....but - she's still giving off that "Go on...IM me, I dare ya!...…… yeah, keep on dreaming boy!" kinda vibe!
Lol, maybe I've just been embarrassed by being 'blown out' by too many pretty girls in my life!

@Rhonda Huntress

I discussed this issue a bit in-world today with @Madelaine McMasters, and her insight -- and the more I think about it, the more right I think she is -- is that this is maybe mostly about body language, and associated issues. Looking at this, and your original pic in the other thread of both you and Maybie . . .

On 2/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

So, let's start with the usual suspects.  Me, the tall redhead on the left and my alt Maybie, the short blond.

20200218_015.thumb.jpg.44fae3f8340d024f25625e25f9025fc5.jpg

. . . there's a huge difference in how each presents. Rhonda has arms crossed, while Maybie looks coy, and is half-turned away from onlookers. In the pic of just you, above, you are turned full-on to the onlooker, shoulders square, and staring straight at any gazers as though you are daring them to gaze back. Rhonda looks defiant, self-confident and assertive, and most of that is not about wardrobe or hair colour, it's about how the body is placed, and the facial expression.

And, to pick up on Dano's male insight above, that's maybe the chief issue?

HOWEVER

I can't even imagine a Rhonda who isn't these things. You could change your AO or face HUD or whatever to look more coy, or a bit more submissive, or less self-confident, and I bet that would get you more dance offers.

But it would also be totally inauthentic. I've never met Maybie, but I do know Rhonda a fair bit from 10 years or so here, and an occasional meeting in-world. To be anything other than self-confident and strong is just not "you."

So don't change that. And if it means you are essentially filtering out potential dance partners who can't handle a woman who is self-confident and strong, then so be it. Be you.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Rhonda Huntress

I discussed this issue a bit in-world today with @Madelaine McMasters, and her insight -- and the more I think about it, the more right I think she is -- is that this is maybe mostly about body language, and associated issues. Looking at this, and your original pic in the other thread of both you and Maybie . . .

. . . there's a huge difference in how each presents. Rhonda has arms crossed, while Maybie looks coy, and is half-turned away from onlookers. In the pic of just you, above, you are turned full-on to the onlooker, shoulders square, and staring straight at any gazers as though you are daring them to gaze back. Rhonda looks defiant, self-confident and assertive, and most of that is not about wardrobe or hair colour, it's about how the body is placed, and the facial expression.

And, to pick up on Dano's male insight above, that's maybe the chief issue?

HOWEVER

I can't even imagine a Rhonda who isn't these things. You could change your AO or face HUD or whatever to look more coy, or a bit more submissive, or less self-confident, and I bet that would get you more dance offers.

But it would also be totally inauthentic. I've never met Maybie, but I do know Rhonda a fair bit from 10 years or so here, and an occasional meeting in-world. To be anything other than self-confident and strong is just not "you."

So don't change that. And if it means you are essentially filtering out potential dance partners who can't handle a woman who is self-confident and strong, then so be it. Be you.

In addition, there is also the fact that mesh heads can only show so much emotion.  you can get a nice frozen look for a photo that shows emotion, but in world most heads have that resting ***** face look of clay.  Turning on expressive animations helps a bit, but looks fake.  You can't even get a good smile.  This comes from someone who has resting ***** face in rl.  You just can't read that for social clues.

• Like 3

During my first months in SL, as I was figuring out who I was here, I looked more like Maybie than Rhonda. I wore long feminine hair and pretty dresses. I didn't yet have an AO, so body language wasn't a distinguishing characteristic. I was attempting to create an avatar I found attractive. That's not the same as creating an avatar I identify with.

The image of Madelaine in my profile is more "me". You can't see her crossed arms (something I looked for in my eventual AO), but they are crossed.

686818409_MaddyProfileSquare.thumb.jpg.87027f552dad533279b7096956e9ad53.jpg

When I posted in @Rhonda Huntress's thread, I thought of asking her which of the two avatars she'd be most likely to approach for a dance. I know I'd rather approach my early day Maddy than the current one. My early self was who I wanted to be with. My current self (including the li'l devil) is who I want to be.

Snugs is probably who I am...
673999675_SnugsandMaddy.jpg.49e53b1f19ad677b5c3ca98eae6d87c4.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1