How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

8 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

There's one more thing I'm having trouble with. I can't seem to find the deep or shallow field adjustment in the LL viewer

That's a great question: I've never found them either. That's (just) one of the reasons I use Firestorm or Black Dragon: the photography settings are all easily found in one place.

I think @Alyona Su has said that all of the important settings are to be found in the official viewer, so maybe she can help?

BTW, you've certainly got the hang now of focusing for DoF shots. Nice pics!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Essa é uma ótima pergunta: também nunca os encontrei. Essa é (apenas) uma das razões pelas quais uso Firestorm ou Black Dragon: as configurações de fotografia são facilmente encontradas em um só lugar.

Acho que @Alyona Su disse que todas as configurações importantes podem ser encontradas no visualizador oficial, então talvez ela possa ajudar?

BTW, você MEP-SL_049.thumb.jpg.d1953f901f98d9a19ea4661d9ef8dd78.jpgtem o jeito agora de se concentrar em fotos DoF. Boas fotos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

In the skin tab there's an advanced section click that and there's extra options for skin shine, colour fine tuning and 3 intensities of wet skin

Thank you kindly :) and I appreciate your reply! *HUGS* :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's a great question: I've never found them either. That's (just) one of the reasons I use Firestorm or Black Dragon: the photography settings are all easily found in one place.

I think @Alyona Su has said that all of the important settings are to be found in the official viewer, so maybe she can help?

BTW, you've certainly got the hang now of focusing for DoF shots. Nice pics!

I use LL as my main viewer and occasionally use Firestorm when I couldn't get the audio stream to work. I poked around in Firestorm and found the deep & shallow depth adjustments @Nalates Urriah spoke about. I could finally see the various degrees of blur with the F number and focal length. omgyuno01.thumb.png.7bdc310046d914318ea01f17acef3325.png

omgyuno02.thumb.png.01e221e507821961b5d225eb6d17d656.png

OMG Linden Lab, Y U NO have this?  (and please fix the audio too.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I poked around in Firestorm and found the deep & shallow depth adjustments

Yay!

What you're doing certainly works fine, but all of these controls and settings are even more easily available in the "Phototools" dialog: everything (DoF, shadows and Ambient Occlusion, antialiasing, LOD, etc.) is all there together. I have a button for that box pinned to the lower  part of my screen for convenience, because I'm always using it (even, often, when not taking pics).

These are really looking great! I'm kind of excited to see where you go with it now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

After an exhausting time of trying out vahjayjay demos (another thread), I took myself out on a thank-you-for-a-good-time date at Hazardous, because I'm just really happy Hazardous is open again. screenshot

hazardous 022020_003.png

...how were you testing the demo that was so exhausting? I must have done it wrong... (link)

13 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

There's one more thing I'm having trouble with. I can't seem to find the deep or shallow field adjustment in the LL viewer:

Yeah.... The Linden made SL Viewer does not have the settings out where you can get to them... easily. But, you can get to them.

Look here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Depth_of_field

You'll be changing the settings for DOF in the Debug Settings. Some people do a The Sky is Falling dance whenever the Debug Settings come up. Changing them is not a big deal. It is like using a skillet. If you accidentally smash your head with a skillet it can knock you unconscious. How often does that happen? Avoid doing stupid things in Debug Settings and it is not a problem.

I am not sure how many here use the Linden SL Viewer. I suspect most of us use the Firestorm or Black Dragon viewers for Photography. Both get these settings out where you can easily use them. 

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yeah.... The Linden made SL Viewer does not have the settings out where you can get to them... easily. But, you can get to them.

Look here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Depth_of_field

You'll be changing the settings for DOF in the Debug Settings. Some people do a The Sky is Falling dance whenever the Debug Settings come up. Changing them is not a big deal. It is like using a skillet. If you accidentally smash your head with a skillet it can knock you unconscious. How often does that happen? Avoid doing stupid things in Debug Settings and it is not a problem.

I never would have thought to look anywhere outside the Preferences box.

Thank you.  This is very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of you may remember Gabby, my 20 year-old alter ego and fellow life drawing student.

A requirement of this class in life drawing is that one has to take one's turn modeling. Gabby has now taken her turn (and I think rather enjoyed showing herself off). So here are details from two drawings (digitally simulated conte crayon, and chalk and charcoal): the full images can be found in the "Life Drawing" album (which is, I'll remind you, mildly NSFW) of my Flickr page.

455825186_Life-Drawing-4-1-Forum-Blank.thumb.png.759331008ac5211b9b51ca91cb825eae.png

• Like 28

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

...how were you testing the demo that was so exhausting? I must have done it wrong... (link)

I know you were mostly joking, and I laughed. Not to go too far off topic but I pretty much encountered what your blog said with the V. I do have a Maitreya body so the fit wasn't the problem. I have a beautiful Clef de Peau skin that I love and just bought. The V only comes in Session colors. I went to eBento and picked up the latest Session skin, which turns out to be BOM only. I haven't tackled BOM. I started to. Gave up. Etc. No way to match the V to a different skin. No thank you, that's a lot of money to spend, on attachment and new skin, just for a doo dad that one should be able to emote about. :) If it wasn't a hassle I would have bought it, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1