How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Well, apparently the post in General Discussion about why people like things actually started here.  If I'd known that, I wouldn't have posted at all, but I do enjoy reading the drama.  Too bad it drifted into private messages as well, though.  

How do I look today?  I don't have a high end computer with the latest graphics card or a fiber internet connection.  Depth of Field is a thing...  I saw it was an option in settings. I rarely turn on ultra-graphics because it may lead to the meltdown of my laptop.  I will never be able to post the quality of photos that some people can and I don't really have an artistic eye for graphic design and color.  I do my best.  Would I mind a "like" for encouragement?  Acknowledgment of the time I did spend messing with windlight settings? Even knowing that I can't measure up to the best photos here?  Not at all.  If no one acknowledges the effort at all, I would still put up the occasional photo because I like it.  So, here it is.  I took the old alt in to explore new Bellesseria regions on her hoverboard.  Here's how I looked today:

567512300_original_5e4ca80773ed17360a6b463d1.thumb.png.7c21f09df0f069c667f3a2e2ac1d4c08.png

I did try out Depth of Field.  That must be why the background is ridiculously blurry and, hey, turned on shadows, too.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling
  • Like 30

No setting background...have had the flu, then trying to catch up on a lot of stuff...so just some quick photos.  Last photo, getting ready for Mardi Gras.  I've never been to Mardi Gras events in SL but they sound fun!   The "tinies" et al are making their own floats.  The theme is TV or Movies for the floats.  I have had much to catch up on!  Urgh!  The 1st photo just an Easter dress I textured and made in 5 faint eggshell colors....reminded me of dresses I wore when I was little for Easter.  The 2nd photo I textured everything my avatar is wearing except the hair and crown. Work.  Work.  Work.  

Snapshot_693 this one done.png

Snapshot_706 this one.png

• Like 37

56BFDF59-968E-4694-9470-0ADAFE909345.jpeg
Sorry for the blurry repost of my headshot from my phone, but I’m using it as a rouse to make my point regarding the “likes” thing. First off... go back about 500 pages or about a year ago and we had a very lengthy discussion about likes. My opinions however have changed a bit. I was very much in alignment with Scylla... but I’ve diverged. 

To me I liken it to a relationship... guy is cute... all goes well ... like, like like then I get blasted with ego and negativity. I’m sorry, your attitudes and niceties make a difference for me and if I don’t like the person creating the posts I will NOT like their posts period. Mean ppl ruin it for me and it casts a bad taste. So, for the most part, I like what generally moves me or I applaud the efforts and involvement. When my like is expected... nope 👎 I draw the line there. Lastly, aggressive ppl... men, women, robots, cats 🐱 whatever, who disrupt and disturb our community that many of us have been contributing too for YEARS just don’t get my likes. Like @Laika Ravikumar I’ve starting blocking a few on this thread whom have been jerks to either myself or my friends. Lastly, I do like the vote of approval from those whom I admire... like @Scylla Rhiadra @Catrie @Angelina String @momomoonusagi @Eva Knoller  and Victoria, Belinda, Tati, Zennessa, Orwar, Sunny, etc... love all of their work.... newbies too. Just,  efffing assssss wipe, douchie bags get a big pass from me. 

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 26
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Seriously? Not everyone is going to fawn over your pictures.. I replied to your question in a private IM, so what are you hoping to achieve by posting a link to my profile? Never mind, I already know the answer, troll.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Seriously? Not everyone is going to fawn over your pictures.. I replied to your question in a private IM, so what are you hoping to achieve by posting a link to my profile? Never mind, I already know the answer, troll.

I'm not trolling you, I was just genuinely wondering why the confused face with no sort of reasoning why,  but thanks for your explanation. 

• Confused 1