How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

41 minutes ago, Darcy Urvilan said:

My avi looks awful. Haven’t been online except on and off for years. Don’t have a clue about BOM.  So bought Lelutka new head and got update for Maitreya. Omg I am a mess. I have no idea what I am doing. I need help so if anyone can tell me what to do I would be so happy. 

Darcy, have you checked out the Maitreya help page for the new Lara?

https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/lara-mesh-body-v5.html

There's even better guidance on this blog:

https://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2020/02/maitreya-v5-tips-tricks.html?zx=6bdddea4abb01a78

We can probably be more help if you are specific about what you're having problems with. Don't use this thread, however, as it's mostly for pictures: start a new thread on this board, and be as specific as you can about the things you need help with, and there will certainly be help forthcoming! The people here are both really knowledgeable and very helpful.

• Like 2

As some of you may know or not; I work as hostess and back in Nov 2018 I was bestowed this honour as was bugged by 2 very close DJ friends that I should nominate myself but only did to shut them up; if your wondering what was nominating myself for... it was to be inducted into Hall of Fame for DJs & Hosts; so here is me posing with my plaque.

this is me_001.png

• Like 22

12 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

DOF can be tricky and it adds viewer lag. [Alt-]left-click on whatever you want to be in focus. It is also possible to have the viewer focus on whatever your cursor is over, which I think gets confusing.

The viewer's DOF can be set to have deep or shallow field of focus. If you have it too shallow (thin) then everything will be out of focus. You can get it so thin not even all the avatar can be in focus.

DOF and a Spacenavigator gets complicated. You'll have to do some switching back and forth... well I have 3 input devices. So, it is a bit more complicated for me.

Thanks for the tip!  I think I'm starting to understand it more. I'll have to keep play around with it.  Here's one shot where I tried to focus on the scooter:

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.444e2260f10813f705fdac2caea8172d.png

And this one where I tried focusing on the cat in the foreground:

Snapshot_004.thumb.png.e7dc8025b971b643d261cba460621bb4.png

There's one more thing I'm having trouble with. I can't seem to find the deep or shallow field adjustment in the LL viewer:

image.png.f6fb3c272877381edda325b32eb2a61b.png

• Like 19

What my avatar looks like today and also what yours could look like in case you need a little help with that. After a couple of years of just blogging looks (and the occasional post about a house / interior) I finally thought it might be a good idea to start putting the shapes I make for the blog on Marketplace. It's slow going. This is only the second one I've put online.

Axel

• Like 29