How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you load them to another site (flickr, gyoza, etc...) and then just paste the link in here, then it doesn't put the size restriction on you.

Yes, but these are specifically resized / censored for the forum; I didn't want to waste space on my Flickr account posting these there, where the full versions are already up.

Given that neither image is full colour, they are both oddly large files.

ETA: I suppose I could have used Gyazo. But don't images there have a relatively brief lifespan?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sorry, second drawing of Gabby here. (It wouldn't let me load both on the same post).

I take png's inworld, about 3000 x whatever. To post multiples here I just load them into Paint and save as a jpg and they are ready to go. You can easily also crop doing that to take out the scary awful bits that folks shouldn't ever see.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Did you save the modified versions as jpg or png or such?  If I'm only posting something here in the forums, I save them as jpg because it is a much smaller file.  I only save things as png or other if I'm uploading to Flickr.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 4:07 AM, FairreLilette said:

No setting background...have had the flu, then trying to catch up on a lot of stuff...so just some quick photos.  Last photo, getting ready for Mardi Gras.  I've never been to Mardi Gras events in SL but they sound fun!   The "tinies" et al are making their own floats.  The theme is TV or Movies for the floats.  I have had much to catch up on!  Urgh!  The 1st photo just an Easter dress I textured and made in 5 faint eggshell colors....reminded me of dresses I wore when I was little for Easter.  The 2nd photo I textured everything my avatar is wearing except the hair and crown. Work.  Work.  Work.  

Snapshot_693 this one done.png

Snapshot_706 this one.png

Just too darned adorable. :D 

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Gobilly said:

What my avatar looks like today and also what yours could look like in case you need a little help with that. After a couple of years of just blogging looks (and the occasional post about a house / interior) I finally thought it might be a good idea to start putting the shapes I make for the blog on Marketplace. It's slow going. This is only the second one I've put online.

Pushing the boundaries of advertising there

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I know, but we all have issues and problems and days or weeks or months where we need a bit of attention. 

I'm not getting paid enough to play online psychologist for some random person with their random issues.

This thread is diverting into a bit too much personal drama monging lately, for my liking, turning it rather unattractive to enjoy.

That said...

Dressing Area Make-Over

There were complaints that the common dressing area was way too plain and too boring, so it got a bit of decoration love.

LotD...

... while several details on the close-up need some loving: the necklace has an annoying attachment point and moves weirdly. And for whatever reason, the hair creator decided to texture the lower end of the hair compoents with the same alphaed curl texture. Plus clipping on the clothing parts, but well.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 20

19 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'm not getting paid enough to play online psychologist for some random person with their random issues.

This thread is diverting into a bit too much personal drama monging lately, for my liking, turning it rather unattractive to enjoy.

That said...

Dressing Area Make-Over

There were complaints that the common dressing area was way too plain and too boring, so it got a bit of decoration love.

LotD...

... while several details on the close-up need some loving: the necklace has an annoying attachment point and moves weirdly. And for whatever reason, the hair creator decided to texture the lower end of the hair compoents with the same alphaed curl texture. Plus clipping on the clothing parts, but well.

/me farts and exits stage left. Certainly end of drama for me - so NOT what I came back to Second Life or the forums for. 

I like your avatar's hair by the way. The frowny expression is pretty darn good too. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, but these are specifically resized / censored for the forum; I didn't want to waste space on my Flickr account posting these there, where the full versions are already up.

ETA: I suppose I could have used Gyazo. But don't images there have a relatively brief lifespan?

I will sometimes save images as JPEG which has a smaller file size when wanting to post directly to the forums when the original image wont fit.

• Like 2