I am NOT going to SL20B

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I visit a few things every year, but certainly not everything.
Of course a lot is basically the same every year. So I skip most of that.
As for the SL20B shopping: One region a day max, mostly to see what other non clothing creators make.
I'm no party animal, so the chance to see me there is zero.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Oh wow...you all should go just to see Ancient Moles innovative creations. Truly amazing.

Residents have some amazing builds too.

No lag for me really other than residents being naked for quite some time when dozens were at a concert, and I have a potato computer at this point (but with a pretty decent graphics card).

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I hope you all enjoy the HyperLag.  And anyway I got enough 'stuff'.

Happy Anniversary SL.

Your loss. I think the Birthday celebrations get better every year, but I think it is going to be hard to top this year's event.

I was considering, since I am retired, that perhaps I should not visit during the peak times to leave more room for those who still have to work.

• Like 5

I'm not sure I have the enthusiasm, myself, to visit. I popped into one of the sims for about two minutes, stared at some garish, ugly (to me) big weird structures, cammed around to take more of the sim in, could not figure out what to even do, and left.

Shopping? I can hit the usual events and stores for, I really don't need to jump all over a dozen sims wandering for things. Landscaping? I get ideas at my usual stores (HMPD, Skye etc) and from my own design background.

Not really into live music because I find the quality of most of the performers sound systems awful compared to streaming DJs, plus I'm also fussy and weird with my musical tastes. Can't win the car. No interest in the 2048 builds.

Dislike crowds.

So I don't think it's my kind of "thing".

But a very happy birthday to 20 years as a platform, absolutely.

[Later edit ... On second though, this is a perfect chance for me to change into my cat avatar and wander around looking for catnip or cat-friendly residents.]

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've hit the Shop & Hop the last 2 evenings.  Even though last night was much more crowded than the day before, it still wasn't as laggy as I expected.  I was able to move around pretty easily.  Granted, I did have the 'derender all non-friends' set, but even with that I have had much more lag in past events.

I'll pop to some of the SL20B stuff this weekend.  I will say that I love the guide and posts for it this year.  Makes it easier for me to target where I want to go.

• Like 3

I've been looking forward to see what's going on and exploring. But I'm away all weekend so hopefully stuff will still be around Monday.

Happy SLB20 everyone! I joined in 2003 on my first account and never really left. Kind of amazing.

Edit to ad: There really is a David rose gif for every emotion. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 4

Me, 15 years ago I wish the live streams were available in the client as a personal radio station anyone could select instead of the local parcel audio, like a baked in 'Linden Radio'.

"Oh that's a great idea.."

No, don't bother implementing it. It's only the highlight of the yearly calendar.

Is not like more than a fraction of a percent of SL's online population can attend these events even if they wanted to. The overwhelming majority of SL users will be staying away, likely unaware the celebrations are even happening.

Which is a good thing. If an additional 1% of the just the online population show up to the main stage, the entire event is a toast.

It's 2023 and we have on demand video streaming. Twitch might hate us (personally), but Kick don't .. why isn't there an official stream of the ongoing festivities and performances?

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.