I am NOT going to SL20B

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I think I found a friend for you.

A video made by a terf, that’s refreshing, haven’t heard from a terf in a long time. Honestly, she sounds like the most miserable person on the planet. Judges people for having a basic avatar and yet, has a basic avatar. Some people are just born with hate in their heart 😅. Needs to get out and touch some grass.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Each sim has multiple creators participating. The one I'm on atm seems to deal with health issues. For example, the ME installation in my previous post, and I see an Autism education area in the corner. 

That's cool, and I really mean this that representing key health issues we face in society is important for any number of reasons, but ... ahem ... Is that on a sim called SLB20 Health & Wellness, or something called Irresistible for some reason?

(Yes, I know I'll get rapped across the knuckles for this.)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Each sim has multiple creators participating. The one I'm on atm seems to deal with health issues. For example, the ME installation in my previous post, and I see an Autism education area in the corner. 

That's cool, but ... ahem ... Is that on a sim called SLB20 Health & Wellness, or something called Irresistible for some reason?

(Yes, I know I'll get rapped across the knuckles for this.)

I was checking out a sim named Blissful.

I think there's better indexing to all this -- even a HUD -- but I just like to wander.

*or might just be a Hunt HUD that I grabbed.

In any case, it's good to land at the welcome area and check out all the signs with instructions...the area I basically flew quickly away from...LOL

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

A video made by a terf, that’s refreshing, haven’t heard from a terf in a long time. Honestly, she sounds like the most miserable person on the planet. Judges people for having a basic avatar and yet, has a basic avatar. Some people are just born with hate in their heart 😅. Needs to get out and touch some grass.

Sometimes, people wear their ugly on their sleeves (or avatar, in this case) for everyone to see.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Oddly enough, @Marigold Devin, that guide made me want to visit less, actually. Nicely laid out? Yes.

But the names of the sims give me no indication of what their theme is or what's predominantly on them (instead of SLB20 Music, and SLB20 Fashion, and SLB20 Art etc we have Blissful, Breathtaking, Celebrate etc), and I can't fathom 90% of the names of the exhibitors to determine even what they are about.

Not to pick on this one, but what is the presenter "I don't know, I don't know" even about? Does not make me want to go and look. The guide should have some indication of what the presenter is about (an icon, maybe?) so one could plan.

I know, it's just me. :(

It's not just you, and that's for sure, but I think there is just so much to see at SL20B that it would be overwhelming to start in one corner and work our way down to the opposite corner like most of us would do with a real life exhibition. The guide too, if read all in one go is overwhelming.

Certain things just jumped out at me from the guide; Water Slide, Bonnie Bots, Giant Snails, and there were a few other shiny exhibits that caught my eye in the near vicinity to these, but that's about all I've been able to see so far and it already took up two hours of my life while I wasn't clock-watching.

The other areas that are ambiguously titled will perhaps be recognised by their followers so will have visitors, while still remaining a mystery to the rest of us. So it's not just you. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Oddly enough, @Marigold Devin, that guide made me want to visit less, actually. Nicely laid out? Yes.

But the names of the sims give me no indication of what their theme is or what's predominantly on them (instead of SLB20 Music, and SLB20 Fashion, and SLB20 Art etc we have Blissful, Breathtaking, Celebrate etc), and I can't fathom 90% of the names of the exhibitors to determine even what they are about.

I wouldn't recommend the magazine to people wanting to explore as it doesn't really have details, as you've noted. Instead, the blog post has a list with a description of each exhibit. You can also do a text search for someone's name if you want to see if they have an exhibit. This is much more useful than previous years, where you had to trawl through the destination guide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Sorry  didn't know was just a random angry  youtube about sl20b I thought. Didn't know about  the drama. 

No apologies required, Ingrid -- you had no way of knowing.

And, other than feeding her ego by giving her views (at the end of her video about my exhibition she almost literally pleads for comments and views), no real damage done. I think she reveals enough about herself in all of her vids that further comment is hardly necessary.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes, people wear their ugly on their sleeves (or avatar, in this case) for everyone to see.

Welp, being a POS is what gets views on YouTube.   Sad but true.  Even I went a took a look briefly.  

Sweet and kind doesn't get you talked about.  If she happens to see this, she'll be a happy camper.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

wth is this thing...it looks kinda mean...

https://screenrec.com/share/8Jlx1sD3ka

I don't know, but I love your elephant avatar.  WANT ♥️

it's really cheap...ony 125......search for 'baby elephant'...can be blue or pink...and comes with a movement HUD even..

Here's how she runs:

https://screenrec.com/share/wMYnzAb6iL

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

[image of Chevy Bolt mesh model]

^ US only prize: Chevrolet Bolt EV car, value from $27,495 upwards.

[graphic of current Premium Plan costs/benefits]

^ Rest of world prize: An SL Premium account for 1 year, value of $99 annually.

???

It's both (very slightly) better than that, and (considerably) worse.

The Global Sweepstakes has

• a "Grand Prize" of "SecondLifetime Premium Subscription" of as yet unknown value (but I'll guess about US$ 999)
  • a "First Prize" of a 1 year "Premium Plus Subscription" with a value of US$ 249
  • and that US$ 99 prize of a 1 year "Premium Subscription" you mentioned.

Still no US$ 27,495 EV, but better than just the $99 prize.… But wait! It gets worse!

That "Gobal Sweepstakes" is not a "rest of world" prize. It's an "Everywhere including the US" prize. So it's not really the Chevy Bolt against a grab bag of lesser prizes. Everybody gets a shot at those consolation prizes. There is no "rest of world" prize with which to compare it. Also, we can be sure the US residents will be hitting up that Global Sweepstakes kiosk because that 1 year Premium subscription is awarded daily, which will keep them returning to the welcome area right through July 5th.

Now, I realize that compared to the cost of the car itself, it would cost more to figure out how to give away (a localized version of) that car anywhere in the world. And the Lab can run sweepstakes however they think it will best serve their marketing objectives. They could have reserved some "SecondLifetime Premium" and "Premium Plus" subscriptions exclusively for non-US residents but they didn't do that.

Honestly, though, I can't get too worked-up about it: I never win anything anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I went-well I'm there now since I can't move at the moment and I'm stuck

Some of the greeters are a bit much and laying it on a little too thick-but I expect that. It's part of their job description to talk sl and the celebration up after all. So even if I think they're pushing it-they're doing what I expect they're supposed to do and that's good they're trying to interact. Although they really shouldn't be encouraging people to stand around in front of the contest things and sit or stand right in that area-even off to the sides where the actual seating is would be better. Lots to explore and it leaves room for people coming in so they don't crash on landing too. I'm sure that'll slow in a day or two though.

I will have to spend some time here when I have more time to let things rez in and settle because I don't have the kind of system that can fully enjoy things otherwise. Some nice builds here-especially when you turn people off and keep a low complexity level so everyone jellydolls haha.

• Like 2

I poked around for a bit no real lag, even on more crowded areas. But it does hightlight one beig drawback of SL it has always had and no way to really inprove it. Being a nulti sim even, there are going to be stuff in the war far  distance that isn't rezzed or partially rezzed, and even stuff close by have to wait a bit for all the gray to go and the textures to fully rezz, It is what it is, just how sl is for the most part. I do have to say though, the Fantasy Faire did fair better with distant viewing and rezzing stuff, so maybe I just went at a bad time. But even so, alot of people put alot of work into this , so it is better to appreciate that than always be the debbie downer

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

She doth protest too much about basic b*tches, welfare recipients, and obese people. The projection is so hard she could put movie theaters out of business.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I AM going to SLB.  I've often not made Birthdays in the past, but I think a lot of effort went into this 20th anniversary one, both by LL and by residents.  I'll probably go at night.  As a toaster. 

Altho I'd be willing to bet that some folks are sending in every alt they can scrape up to enter the contest for the car, the contest is being run by a sweepstakes company with the standard condition of "one entry per household".  I'm choosing to regard that as a "no alts" provision, lol. YMMV.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Altho I'd be willing to bet that some folks are sending in every alt they can scrape up to enter the contest for the car, the contest is being run by a sweepstakes company with the standard condition of "one entry per household".  I'm choosing to regard that as a "no alts" provision, lol. YMMV.

When you click the contest things they tell you that only your main account can enter, asks if you're 18+ and for the car asks if you live in the US and also if this is your main account. It makes you agree to having read the terms-which of course people generally don't but it does ask. So you can't enter your alts to either contest-there is a message that says any entries from your alts will be nulled. I know there are ways around that and such-but I'm sure ll has their ways of figuring things out besides the most obvious answers most will think of-that I don't intend to post here. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Oh, they make it pretty clear that it's "no alts" with the series of dialogs in which you confirm that you really, really understand what they mean by "main account" only.

That won't prevent some "clever" alts in desperate need of a discontinued model of EV, but I'll guess prospective winners will be screened to determine there were no other entries sharing IP address nor whatever other machine signatures they're using these days. Sure, they may throw out a contestant who's exceptionally unlucky in the DHCP lottery, but they'll never know they should have won.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I AM going to SLB.  I've often not made Birthdays in the past, but I think a lot of effort went into this 20th anniversary one, both by LL and by residents.  I'll probably go at night.  As a toaster. 

When entering the sweepstakes, it does ask a series of questions regarding your account such as "Is this your main account?". 

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.