I am NOT going to SL20B

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Isn't is great? Saving me SO MUCH TIME! It'd normally take me over a week to grab everything. Now I can be more selective!

Yes! Some of the gifts don't say what they are and I hate taking things I really don't need and will end up chucking away anyway-it makes me feel bad for people who put the effort into making them! I don't mind the walking around part-it's fun sometimes-but this definitely saves me time too! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BlightCirus said:

Give it a go. Maybe change your mind on things. Watch Video 🙂

We did, we still can’t figure out who it was made for (joke referring to previous thread)

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BubbleSkittles said:

Was Great Video

As I said, it was a joke referencing a previous thread.

After watching it though, it was good, but I have one critique.

I wish they had included more SL communities. Felt like a heavy focus on the more normie and art communities. I would have liked to see a wider variety. You have entire roleplay, alternative, furry, anime, urban, MC, car enthusiast, lgbt and more that you could feature in a video like this, to show how diverse SL really is. 

Other than that, it wasn’t bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

The Global Sweepstakes has

• a "Grand Prize" of "SecondLifetime Premium Subscription" of as yet unknown value (but I'll guess about US$ 999)
  • a "First Prize" of a 1 year "Premium Plus Subscription" with a value of US$ 249
  • and that US$ 99 prize of a 1 year "Premium Subscription" you mentioned.

We actually do have values on all prizes from the sweepstakes info page:
https://secondlife.com/sweepstakes/sl20b-global-sweepstakes

image.thumb.png.7342d0fba9c8550ba7e1ed74277d229e.png

Premium Plus costs $249.  Minus stated VALUE of $99, leaves $150 US.  A stipend of $650 for a year is L$33,800. At an exchange rate of roughly L$225 per US $1, that is roughly $150.00 being returned to the Premium Plus purchaser.  Hence the VALUE is based on the NET cost to the purchaser.

That same formula though does not hold up for the final prize of a regular Premium membership.  That usually costs $99. Stipend is 300L weekly, so 15,600L for a year.  At the same exchange rate (225L per $1), that would be roughly $69, which would make the net VALUE be $30 -- yet the writeup says it is valued at $66.00.  They might have simply noted the incorrect number for the value, specify the $66 as 'value' when it comes closer to representing the returned stipend amount.  

The stated VALUE of the Lifetime Premium Subscription is given as $749.  We can't figure out much though without knowing for sure if it a Regular Premium for lifetime, with all of the normal Premium benefits or if it will be something different.

• Thanks 1

So I started the hunt. Found the first price and then I had to stop, because the hints are in such a fine print in the HUD that I simply can't read them.
Back home I opened the price:  A really nice SL20B banner flag. I was planning to put all 4 colors out on my land and when moving them around, I discovered each one of them is 23 LI. 
Really LL???

Added: Somebody told me that when you click on the HUD it will tell the hint in local chat.
But I think I will not continue. I can't afford such heavy weight prizes on my land.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

LOL, but why? I love the Dinkies, cute lil kitties and wabbits!!! I have a couple in Open Sim, should sport one in SL...

I dunno, could be too many Japanese horror manga where children's souls and some body parts were put into creatures that looked exactly like dinkies and tinies, forced to be in an undead living hell?

Could be something else. I could make you a list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I am going to SL20B Shop n Hop but wow, so many sims... er, sorry regions. They aren't too laggy for me at least. Some of the gifts are really good, but with so many vendors it is a mammoth effort to find the things that you might use. I don't like to load my inventory up with every single freebie. We need a thread here, detailing the best freebie finds and half-price deals.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I am going to SL20B Shop n Hop but wow, so many sims... er, sorry regions. They aren't too laggy for me at least. Some of the gifts are really good, but with so many vendors it is a mammoth effort to find the things that you might use. I don't like to load my inventory up with every single freebie. We need a thread here, detailing the best freebie finds and half-price deals.

Check out FabFree's list - an entire Google doc with every freebie listed, with a photo and direct TP link.

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/2023/06/22/sl20b-we-have-the-ultimate-gift-guide/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.