10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

In a finger? Oh gosh. *drinks more water*

I was as surprised as I was in pain! :D

Pet Peeve: Actually, more of a rant. Just now, the door to my balcony broke. Or rather, the handle. I cannot close it anymore, it lost the grip on the internal mechanism that opens and closes it. In the middle of the night, in the middle of winter. F my life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Like others I can also get those shin cramps but I read somewhere it was a calcium deficiency so I take a few calcium supplements for a bit and that seems to clear it up for a while. Being a frequent coffee and tea drinker which leaches calcium from the system, I blame that but prefer just taking some additional calcium rather then give up my coffee!

On 2/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

OMG I have this very same issue, except it's mostly in my feet. I've had it on and off since I was a kid and I tend to blame the ballet classes (though it's probably not that - I'm just grumpy when it happens and need to blame something). The absolute worst worst worst part is getting it in my right foot - along the inside. The pain oh my god. Then I leap out of bed to stand, walk, kick, bounce, stretch and suddenly bam, the cramp in the left ankle. Throw myself on the bed clutching my knees to my chest crying in frustration because I'm exhausted and it's 3am, and now my left calf locks up. Then hey, some toes! Roll over and sit on my knees. Flop back around like a fish. Flip flop, stand sit, lay kneel, cry stretch weep. 

The pickle juice suggestion isn't a bad one and I've heard it works in a pinch, but there are stairs between myself and the fridge and unless I wanna roll myself down them like a cannonball, that's not happening lol. One thing that has helped a lot is keeping a yoga strap near the bed so I can wrap it around my foot/toes and stretch enough to ease some of the tension before it spirals out of control. Something that did make them much less frequent - more daily stretching + drinking more water + buying more nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to make my own trail mixes. It's been more rare since I started all that.

I'm not sure if this counts as a peeve since it's more of a raaaaaaaaaaaage, but this would definitely be mine!

I used to have horrible foot and leg cramps. Also back spasms when standing a lot. I got tested and found out that I was severely deficient in Vitamin D. I started taking supplements, dosage from the doctor. I no longer have the cramps. 

This may not be your reason but figured to throw it out there to get a vitamin D test. 

Pet peeves: Winter. Snow. Ice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, blissfulbreeze said:

I got tested and found out that I was severely deficient in Vitamin D. I started taking supplements, dosage from the doctor. I no longer have the cramps. 

This may not be your reason but figured to throw it out there to get a vitamin D test. 

It helps you avoid osteoporosis too. (And no, that's not just a problem for women.)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Just now, the door to my balcony broke. Or rather, the handle. I cannot close it anymore, it lost the grip on the internal mechanism that opens and closes it. In the middle of the night, in the middle of winter. F my life.

That should be a total of 4 to 6 screws only to replace it. (an average latch set).
Being an external door might make the assembly a little more complicated. (but not very).
Google, Youtube and Hardware store websites are your best friend.
Measure things like the chiselled out latch bits if you have to.
I know about this stuff because my college work is assisting Carpentry Apprentices.
You can do it!
https://doorhardware.com/blog/how-to-determine-your-doors-backset/

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I have the lurgy. 

Not the dreaded lurgy mind, just some of the regular lurgy.

I have no idea where it came from, I've not left the house in a week.

The McMasters call that an "ickness", which doesn't rise to the level of sickness.

It often results from purchasing "Family Size" boxes of something edible.

21 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Ugh, New York Times bought Wordle and have ruined everything that made it so delightful! Ruined!!! 

Wordle 228 2/6

🟦🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

I saw that news yesterday but I've played my daily game today and can't see what's been changed. It still looks exactly the same as it always did. I even turned adblock off to see if they'd snuck some ads in, but they haven't 

Wordle 229 4/6

🟨🟨🟨

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I saw that news yesterday but I've played my daily game today and can't see what's been changed. It still looks exactly the same as it always did. I even turned adblock off to see if they'd snuck some ads in, but they haven't 

Wordle 229 4/6

🟨🟨🟨

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not sure when they switch over, but we will need a subscription, can play multiple times a day, I think have ads. 😫😖😤 

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

That should be a total of 4 to 6 screws only to replace it. (an average latch set).
Being an external door might make the assembly a little more complicated. (but not very).
Google, Youtube and Hardware store websites are your best friend.
Measure things like the chiselled out latch bits if you have to.
I know about this stuff because my college work is assisting Carpentry Apprentices.
You can do it!
https://doorhardware.com/blog/how-to-determine-your-doors-backset/

Mine's a bit different, tho, since it's a tilt and turn door! But anyways, I could not repair that myself, or rather, I should not, because my landlord might strangle me, lol. But I did give him a call, and he called some professionals to call me back, who promtly forgot about me, so I'll propably have to call him again today - but that reduces the chances of me getting that fixed before... wednesday.
But it's not that bad, it's like I have one window tilted a bit, and I don't have to turn up the heating more or anything.

• Like 3

Landlords ....

PUT YOUR WEEKLY PRICES IN YOUR DARN ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't name-and-shame, but some of SLs most well-known landlords are the most egregious offenders here. You all know the ones I'm talking about. I don't care how beautiful your land is unless you tell me how much it's going to cost.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

Another pet peeve. For women's clothes, I either see kawaii stuff, overly feminine stuff or hyper sexual apparel. Now if you like it, it's all fine and good. But for people like me it feels as if I either have to assimilate into one of these three styles or just go without. Whatever happened to the more diverse styles from like 2013? Where a female had a whole slew of other styles. Now it's just those 3 and goth. Again I don't have a problem with others wearing it. But I want the tomboy style back. Without all the tube or crop tops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Another pet peeve. For women's clothes, I either see kawaii stuff, overly feminine stuff or hyper sexual apparel. Now if you like it, it's all fine and good. But for people like me it feels as if I either have to assimilate into one of these three styles or just go without. Whatever happened to the more diverse styles from like 2013? Where a female had a whole slew of other styles. Now it's just those 3 and goth. Again I don't have a problem with others wearing it. But I want the tomboy style back. Without all the tube or crop tops.

I share your frustration, but there are actually some very good stores that do what you might call "everyday wear" very well.

You may already know some or all of these, but if not I'd start with Neve and Just Because. Pixicat, Tetra, and Zoom also do some nice things that would not be out of place in most RL contexts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I share your frustration, but there are actually some very good stores that do what you might call "everyday wear" very well.

You may already know some or all of these, but if not I'd start with Neve and Just Because. Pixicat, Tetra, and Zoom also do some nice things that would not be out of place in most RL contexts.

Oh I have heard of those stores. But it bugs me that it's hard to find those styles. Like I can now see what men in SL are going through, when they say style for them is very limited. I just want to see unisex like back in 2013, when L&B would make a nice leather jacket for men and make a similar style for women. But that is a rarity nowadays.

• Like 1

My peeve for now. Although I consider what I'm feeling is a bit more than just peeved. From the outset of Covid my husband and I have done everything to be careful since he is older and I have a compromised immune system. Besides that, it is just the right thing to do to protect others as well. We have social distanced, worn masks and gotten the vaccine when it became available. We have yet to get the booster because both of us were ill over the holidays and just barely starting to feel better.

Sorry to be long winded, but just explaining the background. We have been careful. Very careful. My hubby is an essential worker where he tests daily during his shifts. He tested positive for Covid along with several other coworkers. So now we both have Covid. We know all we can do is stay home, quarantine, rest, push fluids and take care of ourselves. I do realize that neither of us will get the full force of it because we were vaccinated thankfully, but we were just so careful. It is frustrating. Sorry for the long rant.

Please be safe and take care of yourselves. Stay healthy!

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

My peeve for now. Although I consider what I'm feeling is a bit more than just peeved. From the outset of Covid my husband and I have done everything to be careful since he is older and I have a compromised immune system. Besides that, it is just the right thing to do to protect others as well. We have social distanced, worn masks and gotten the vaccine when it became available. We have yet to get the booster because both of us were ill over the holidays and just barely starting to feel better.

Sorry to be long winded, but just explaining the background. We have been careful. Very careful. My hubby is an essential worker where he tests daily during his shifts. He tested positive for Covid along with several other coworkers. So now we both have Covid. We know all we can do is stay home, quarantine, rest, push fluids and take care of ourselves. I do realize that neither of us will get the full force of it because we were vaccinated thankfully, but we were just so careful. It is frustrating. Sorry for the long rant.

Please be safe and take care of yourselves. Stay healthy!

Get_Well_Soon_Card_700x700.jpg?v=1572533

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1