Peeve: Threads being deleted (not locked) before I can even read. There is no point in having notifications turned on when someone quotes me so I don't miss their post if I can't even read the reply. At least let me have the option to respond privately with context! That means just locking the durn thread not deleting it.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3

I gave up coffee 30 years ago and don't really miss it.  I switched to black tea. Assam or Irish Breakfast has been my favorite.  Just now I've learned that it is poison to me as I have oxalate nephopathy and it's just chock full of oxalates.  So I am down to one cup in the morning and no more, no matter how much I want a second cup.  I am peeved. I also need new kidneys and I'm peeved about that too.

• Sad 7

Petpeeverant:

So I got an appointment for today 8am to get my door fixed. I mean, I am already peeved at appointments this early, because my general lack of sleep. And lo and behold, I did fall asleep at around 5am.
So I am sitting here, barely awake, barely functioning and then I get a call - they can't make it. One of them is ill, and they're a pretty small company. I'm not angry or peeved that they're sick, I hope they get better soon, but I'm peeved that I got up early for nothing, lol.
They'll call for another appointment. 
*sobs*

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Another RL shopping peeve, that I didn't even know would be possible: Printing the shipping label way too early.

So I ordered this big bag for traveling (it got rainbow dragons on it!) and recieved a shipping notification on the 26th. Their website estimates arrival time based on that, because the system thinks that this means shipping has actually started. But till today the tracking number still shows as just being registered. So now I have no clue when to expect my bag and have to check the tracking every day to see if shipping has *actually* started.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Petpeeverant:

So I got an appointment for today 8am to get my door fixed. I mean, I am already peeved at appointments this early, because my general lack of sleep. And lo and behold, I did fall asleep at around 5am.
So I am sitting here, barely awake, barely functioning and then I get a call - they can't make it. One of them is ill, and they're a pretty small company. I'm not angry or peeved that they're sick, I hope they get better soon, but I'm peeved that I got up early for nothing, lol.
They'll call for another appointment. 
*sobs*

Since they called you, why couldn't they just go ahead and set up another appointment when they called? I'd be looking for another carpenter.

48 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Since they called you, why couldn't they just go ahead and set up another appointment when they called? I'd be looking for another carpenter.

They may not have the capacity for that due to the sick coworker, they're a very small buisness, which my landlord hires, not me myself. I mean, jeah, I could give my landlord a call and demand he sends others, but on the other hand, those people have been super nice and did a great job when my shutters where busted (this is an old house, lol), so I'd actually prefer them to get that buisness - especially since I'd not really say it's an emergency. I can put something infront of the door, so it's more like I tilted the window a little. I close the door to the kitchen. I don't heat more or am colder here than anytime else. My guess is, he needs to know how long that coworker will be out, to plan the rest. I'm very sure they'll call tomorrow, so yeah. 

Also, was at my GP today, to talk about my legs again, and guess what! Now she's also convinved it might be RLS, and gave me a recipe for some sleep-medication to tide me over since I need to see a neurologist first to make sure. Finally I can start my journey to better sleep! Woho!

• Like 2

I don't know why this is a peeve but it is! I don't understand honey drizzlers, why not use a spoon? I think people just buy them because they look good in a kitchen! How do you put honey on toast with this twisty stick without it all slipping out of the grooves and going everywhere? :S I've watched YT videos trying to explain how great they are, and one video said "there's a real science behind it!" but none of them make any sense to me? o.O  And they look like a pain to have to clean...I'm sticking with a spoon 🥄  Can anyone explain?

1644107412134.thumb.jpg.1df6fecb548536ae3024a848c7d11f79.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I don't know why this is a peeve but it is! I don't understand honey drizzlers, why not use a spoon? I think people just buy them because they look good in a kitchen! How do you put honey on toast with this twisty stick without it all slipping out of the grooves and going everywhere? :S I've watched YT videos trying to explain how great they are, and one video said "there's a real science behind it!" but none of them make any sense to me? o.O  And they look like a pain to have to clean...I'm sticking with a spoon 🥄  Can anyone explain?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When you use a spoon, the honey tends to drop in blobs, which is not always desirable.  With a honey dipper, supposedly you can get it to simply stream into your cup or onto your toast, though it also seems to take quite a bit longer. 

Personally, I advocate pouring your honey into a squeeze bottle and using that - much easier, IMO.

• Thanks 1

none of them make any sense to me? o.O  ... Can anyone explain?

Well, when you use a spoon, you expect the thing you've spooned up to stay in the spoon until you tip it out. Honey doesn't do that. It starts dripping off the sides and bottom. It drips off a honey dipper too, but at least you aren't hobbled by prior expectations.

Anyway, here's the @Madelaine McMastersmethod of using a honey dipper:

• Stick honey dipper into chilled honey.
  • Pull out. Honey is too cold to drip off quickly, so you have time to...
  • Move dipper over English muffin.
  • Light blowtorch.
  • Toast English muffin
  • Play flame over honey dipper. Honey will warm up and drip off almost immediately
  • While munching sweet toasty goodness, set Lindal on fire for stealing her shtick
Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Or an American definition...

A worker who collects household sewage from sewage tanks.

818-l.png.9667a7887b1e78181e62c4dd5544b0bc.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I'd probably have given it a lick too :P

I think I'll go with @LittleMe Jewell's idea and use a squeezy bottle, far less faff!

Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do,
his honey jar is now a squeeze bottle and will never get stuck on his nose again.
Winnie the Pooh is oh so sad, you called his honey faff!
125-1254007_winnie-the-pooh-honey-clipar
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do,
his honey jar is now a squeeze bottle and will never get stuck on his nose again.
Winnie the Pooh is oh so sad, you called his honey faff!
125-1254007_winnie-the-pooh-honey-clipar

Awww :x Well, at least he doesn't have a honey drizzler, or it'd take him a week to put it on his toast 😕

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Awww :x Well, at least he doesn't have a honey drizzler, or it'd take him a week to put it on his toast 😕

It's all fun and games until you get to that last bit in the bottle. You just can't squeeze it out because the bottom of the bottle is too stiff, and your tongue just isn't long enough to reach the bottom. What's a bear to do?

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's all fun and games until you get to that last bit in the bottle. You just can't squeeze it out because the bottom of the bottle is too stiff, and your tongue just isn't long enough to reach the bottom. What's a bear to do?

OK OK! I'll take the squeezy bottle and Pooh can have his drizzler...🙂

I bet he just puts it in the kitchen and never uses it though! 

• Haha 1