Pet peeve: Creators ignoring people asking what else, except their own creations, they're wearing on a picture. Like, yeah, I get you want to sell your stuff, and aren't a blogger, but come one, how would you like it to lose a sale because a user couldn't find your items because no one told them where to get it? 
I'm no blogger, and certainly not big enough to be of any significance, but I'm petty enough to not give credits to those kind of people anymore. >_> 

• Like 1

(Not just) today's pet peeve:

Getting ranted out via a wall of text on a forum by someone who seems to think we hang on to their every word, after they haven't bothered to read and properly understand the contents of the post to which they are responding.

Not.

Worth.

My.

Time.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Pet peeve: Creators ignoring people asking what else, except their own creations, they're wearing on a picture. Like, yeah, I get you want to sell your stuff, and aren't a blogger, but come one, how would you like it to lose a sale because a user couldn't find your items because no one told them where to get it? 
I'm no blogger, and certainly not big enough to be of any significance, but I'm petty enough to not give credits to those kind of people anymore. >_> 

If they are hiring models for the ad work, they aren't going to know because the models choose the accessories. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

If they are hiring models for the ad work, they aren't going to know because the models choose the accessories. 

But that answer would be an answer and not what Sukubia is venting about: Getting ignored.

And I'm with her on that. How often do I see totally bloated vendor pictures for products, where the product is only presented in a good light, because it just happens to work so well with all the 3rd party products, that aren't from that creator? Its just decency to give credit to the work of others (if you can of course).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syo Emerald said:

But that answer would be an answer and not what Sukubia is venting about: Getting ignored.

And I'm with her on that. How often do I see totally bloated vendor pictures for products, where the product is only presented in a good light, because it just happens to work so well with all the 3rd party products, that aren't from that creator? Its just decency to give credit to the work of others (if you can of course).

That is my point. They can't because they don't have those items in their inventory. It's all in the model's inventory and they don't own those accounts. 

Not once did any creator ever approach me about the accessories I used when modeling. They are not going to advertise another creators' products for them free of charge!

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That is my point. They can't because they don't have those items in their inventory. It's all in the model's inventory and they don't own those accounts. 

What I wrote is not "your point". Let me reword it:

*Sukubia asking the creator for other products in a vendor add*

Creator: "Sorry, I can't answer that. I had these photos made by so-and-so." <- Thats an answer! Dead silence or thinking too highly of oneself to give credit (when the knowledge is there) is not an answer.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

They are not going to advertise another creators' products for them free of charge!

Then they shouldn't use other creators items to boost their own sales and instead present their own work bare as it is or with only their own creations, that people are actually able to find and purchase. Or of course be an a-hole.

• Thanks 1

People who seem to think posting nonsense that people respond to, (I'm guilty) makes them an influencer which seems to be what they crave/want/need.  It doesn't.  It makes people laugh and shake their heads mostly.  People have to be genuinely liked in order to influence.  Otherwise, it's merely trolling, childish behavior.  IMHO

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

People who seem to think posting nonsense that people respond to, (I'm guilty) makes them an influencer which seems to be what they crave/want/need.  It doesn't.  It makes people laugh and shake their heads mostly.  People have to be genuinely liked in order to influence.  Otherwise, it's merely trolling, childish behavior.  IMHO

Personally, I have better ways to spend my time than talking with trolls. 🙄

My peeve of the day: Getting all the way to mid-afternoon before realizing that it's Wednesday.  Who stole Tuesday?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

What I wrote is not "your point". Let me reword it:

*Sukubia asking the creator for other products in a vendor add*

Creator: "Sorry, I can't answer that. I had these photos made by so-and-so." <- Thats an answer! Dead silence or thinking too highly of oneself to give credit (when the knowledge is there) is not an answer.

Then they shouldn't use other creators items to boost their own sales and instead present their own work bare as it is or with only their own creations, that people are actually able to find and purchase. Or of course be an a-hole.

I really don't have the time or desire to sit down and explain to you how modeling in SL works both on the runway and in front of a still camera. 

Creators are not using someone else's creations to promote their own. That isn't how it works. Or worked. 

It's not up to you anyway. It's up to all the creators.

43 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I really don't have the time or desire to sit down and explain to you how modeling in SL works both on the runway and in front of a still camera. 

Creators are not using someone else's creations to promote their own. That isn't how it works. Or worked. 

It's not up to you anyway. It's up to all the creators.

I didn't get the impression that Syo doesn't understand how modeling etc works. What she says, and what I agree with, is that the creator could at least say that they don't know, aka answering the question. I don't care if they hired a model or not, if they don't know that's totally valid - that option didn't occur to me, since most I see model themselves, picture just the item or use a non-sl render. But I think they could just say so, instead of outright ignoring. That's just rude.

• Like 2

Just now, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I didn't get the impression that Syo doesn't understand how modeling etc works. What she says, and what I agree with, is that the creator could at least say that they don't know, aka answering the question. I don't care if they hired a model or not, if they don't know that's totally valid - that option didn't occur to me, since most I see model themselves, picture just the item or use a non-sl render. But I think they could just say so, instead of outright ignoring. That's just rude.

I agree. Never disagreed. I only wanted to point out something many people are not aware of. Something I had a good bit of experience with both in SL and in InWorldz. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I got a response when asking someone what head they used for a picture. I got the response of "sorry we don't share our custom skins". As if the felt the need to let me know they use custom skins? I'm like dude I just asked what head you used. (Turned out the skin was Skinnery and not custom). Never did find out what head was used.

Edited by Finite
  • Sad 1