4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Here's hoping both you and the horsey are doing good today. 

Thank you Mari! I am much better after a proper night sleep and horsey is complaining about not getting food! This is merely just over 24 hours after having almost 3ft of his intestine removed and stitched back together 😍🤗🤗

• Like 6

Shopping on the marketplace and finding several hairstyles being sold from some random person for less than 10 linden when it has obviously been taken from one of the many well known hair creators. I sent a notecard to the hair creator letting them know. I thought that was the end of it, but I was looking through fashion blogs and one was blogging about the said obvious stolen hair. I reached out letting them know and was told to mind my own business. In a more colorful manner though.

It is disheartening. :(

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Shopping on the marketplace and finding several hairstyles being sold from some random person for less than 10 linden when it has obviously been taken from one of the many well known hair creators. I sent a notecard to the hair creator letting them know. I thought that was the end of it, but I was looking through fashion blogs and one was blogging about the said obvious stolen hair. I reached out letting them know and was told to mind my own business. In a more colorful manner though.

It is disheartening. :(

Yeah. That's why I stopped doing that, and just AR. I'm still kind of peeved about some creators at an SL event who, after being told by the organizers to put the content that was from a game, would take it off, but the next day put it back out, thinking they'd not be chekced again. What a cheeky little crap. 

Currently peeved about my low motivation to make some pictures. I'm still making new outfits and avatars like I'm some sort of machine, but for some reason, I really can't get up and botheres to do some pictures. I made a custom mermaidtail-texture for one of my FG skins, that took me the whole day to match, but somehow, taking a snap is too much work. Why am I like this.

• Sad 2

Flickr prices have been going up and up and up.  When I renewed in Jan 2020, I paid for 2-yrs at $94.39 -- and that was more than double the 2-yr price I had paid in 2018 (which was $44.95).  The renewal email that I just got said the renewal this time would be $139.99 for 2-yrs  -- though when I checked online it is really #132.99 -- but still a 40% increase over the previous 2-yr rate.  

So I decided to downgrade.  Spent many hours manually deleting photos because I wanted to choose which ones remained rather than have them do it.  I had somewhere between 2500 and 3000 photos, so it took a while, but I got myself down to roughly 650, which leaves room for growth before I have to prune again.

After removing all of those photos I clicked the Cancel Subscription link.  It then asked for a reason and I clicked the "It is too expensive" button.  It then popped up a box, telling me what a wonderful long-time Flickr person that I have been and so they would give me 2 yrs at 50% off the annual rate.  That resulted in $35.99 each year for 2 yrs.  

While I decided to go ahead and take the deal - it is a really good rate -- I was ticked that I didn't know they would offer it and I wasted all that time deleted tons of photos.  Since my subscription end date isn't until mid-March, I suppose I should have done the Cancel process before deleting photos, since I would have had until then to actually get under 1000 myself.

*sigh*

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 10

Interesting there is an almost 18 hours diff.

How would you like to restrict?

On topic as it were  - 1 in a thousand ( being nice ) logged in know of this  -place- and 1 in a hundred of those bother to reply. Peeve is how much of SL income is wasted here. When we all log in and we could easily take it in to our SL world.  We do all log in don't we after all. Even those on toy phones log in world sometimes - do they not?

Landlords who don't know basic math and show and (falsely) advertise their monthly price as simply four times their weekly price. It's not, and is misleading.

Monthly rent  = ( (weekly rent x 52) / 12 ).

Example? Landlord offers a parcel for L1,400/week and their big ad board states the monthly rent is L5,600. No, it's not, that larger sum is the rent for four weeks. The real monthly rental for that parcel is 1400*52 / 12 =  L6,066. More than L400 more than they say.

I see this all over the place .. forums and on location ... and am gonna call someone out for false advertising one day very publicly. 

Stop using the term monthly incorrectly. How hard is it?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The children that seem hell bent on being a royal PITA to these forums.  It seems like every day now when I first pull up my Notifications page, it has at least 3 or more of these:

image.png.17ba2f7c9429f9b9ff3f91fd7e1ffb27.png

They should at least be adding the "f9ke w@rds" to the filter to auto trash posts, there are only so many combinations and the idiot wont be able to keep track of what's been banned.

• Like 1

Peeve of the day. You must have seen them. If you missed it just wait a few days and they'll post another one.  On FB I mean, those pictures accompanied by some word salad describing how uniquely individual and special someone is like:

image.png.6400a7b75cdb8f43a742bbd8c04b9303.png

I would just love to see someone post one with the words:

Look at me! I'm just another bored, lonely person who wants to pretend I'm something wonderful. Please look!  I'll just die if you don't.

• Like 1