What else would you guys like to see added to the new Linden Home Continent?

Gingir Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, ThomasHooker said:

I also think there needs to be more simple infrastructure such as street signs, and my standard gripe of phantom light posts :P

I highly doubt that LL are going to do either at this point .. one means they have to revisit the Li usage on every region to see what they can afford to spare for more stuff, the other has them editing every single lamp post one by one.

• Like 4

In short, more variation in the design and style of buildings, roads, fauna and flora is urgently needed, along with more variation in terrain styles. The whole continent looks and feels too artificial, too preplanned and has a bland unimaginative corporate feeling to it.

There are basically only four variations in the region types, (1) island with lighthouse, (2) reef (with houseboat/dock), (3) coastal, (4) inland (some with hills). 

The houses in Bellisseria are all flimsy looking detached wooden sheds, which all look too much alike each other and are all of the same time era. There isn't a single brick or stone house on the entire continent to show that the continent has some "age"  or earlier history to it.

The regions all mostly look the same and are very easy to get lost in without visible landmarks or looking at the map or region name. The regions have no unique landmarks or seperate identity for themselves. Bellisseria's  roads are all too perfectly neat, straight and layed out in a very unimaginative and boring grid style that feels too preplanned and unnatural.

The whole continent has a very strong and insular "U.S. gated community" suburban sprawl feel to it, with no city centre/downtown shopping, business or community areas.

It would seem that if Bellisseria were a real place, its residents would rarely ever go out and interact with each other, instead prefering to stay at home in their wooden boxes or immovable "house boats" and instead watch tv or movies.

Sorry,  but I would not choose to live  in Bellisseria under its current design.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ThomasHooker said:

I also think there needs to be more simple infrastructure such as street signs, and my standard gripe of phantom light posts :P

I haven't encountered any phantom lamp posts in Bellisseria so far. All lamp posts on the road sides seem to be very solid.
I have hit my self onto them many times when exploring places. Ouch, ouch...! :SxD

For example here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP1/128/128/2

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I haven't encountered any phantom lamp posts in Bellisseria so far. All lamp posts on the road sides seem to be very solid.
I have hit my self onto them many times when exploring places. Ouch, ouch...!

Amazing! I have actually done that a few times in *real life*. Wow, them Moles are good at this realism stuff!

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I have hit my self onto them many times when exploring places. Ouch, ouch...! :SxD

For example here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP1/128/128/2

They are very solid. They don't even dent when I run into them. I do think they should be phantom though, just like I've said for other Linden/Mole made lamp posts elsewhere such as in Bay City. (I know, it's not gonna happen, but that's what this forum is for, wishful thinking :P ) At the very least, they should remove the magnets that attract my cars, especially after a sim crossing 😄

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, ThomasHooker said:

They are very solid. They don't even dent when I run into them. I do think they should be phantom though, just like I've said for other Linden/Mole made lamp posts elsewhere such as in Bay City. (I know, it's not gonna happen, but that's what this forum is for, wishful thinking :P ) At the very least, they should remove the magnets that attract my cars, especially after a sim crossing 😄

We can at least be glad that they filled potholes and swept the gutters before opening the continent.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, moirakathleen said:

To be honest, right now I would rather see the moles working on more (and varied) housing regions than on a "city center" which may or may not continue to be popular a year from now when all the hype of the new continent and community has worn off. It's hard to gauge how many of the new residents are really into being part of a community long term, or how many might be if only there were <whatever buildings and/or activities>.  But first, I'd like to see the housing built out. 

I have to agree. I'd rather the moles work on the housing regions first.  I also like the person's idea of giving you a box to click on which home you would prefer, houseboat or traditional.  Then when the home is ready, they could send the person a link where their new home could be found at under (housing).  Just a thought.  I also have to agree with the person who said they would prefer the drive way to line up properly with the house.  if on the corner of the street, put  a fire hydrant if you want to keep with a neighborhood theme.  (I have one where I live in my real world, as I live on the corner).  Blessings

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I have to agree. I'd rather the moles work on the housing regions first.  I also like the person's idea of giving you a box to click on which home you would prefer, houseboat or traditional.  Then when the home is ready, they could send the person a link where their new home could be found at under (housing).  Just a thought.  I also have to agree with the person who said they would prefer the drive way to line up properly with the house.  if on the corner of the street, put  a fire hydrant if you want to keep with a neighborhood theme.  (I have one where I live in my real world, as I live on the corner).  Blessings

Exactly!  Most of us are waiting for... is kinda waste of $$$ but I understand those buildings are full, all are taken and sold out.  That's why they are working hard to adding them for the rest of us.  I heard the Houseboats will be released first.  I'm sure some people will abandon their houses for them.

• Like 1

There's a new place to go.

fishingplacescandium.thumb.png.a0ad921ade6e96a525bb46a02c2d6d71.png

New hangout spot on the southern edge of Sansara, in Scandium, north of Bellisseria.

Go by boat. Good dock, very long autoreturn time, rez area.

I found this while trying for the longest possible boat trip in SL, from Spurness at the south end of the Jeoghot bay, past Bellisseria, all the way north to Sansara. This is where I ended up. Turns out a friend of mine just built this place. She plans to have entertainment and DJs at times.

(I have video of the long voyage, which was successful. 35 minutes, Jeoghot to Sansara, in a fast speedboat. I may post highlights. Region crossings are working better.)

• Like 7

I would like to see some more community areas that allow temp rezzing (perhaps, a time limit after the rezzer leaves the area? would cut down on spamming significantly, and as long as we keep the rule that "must be in theme" it would keep these areas from becoming sandboxes). I think it could be very beneficial to have a place that is not a home where community members can congregate and mingle, but still allow rezzing, be it for community events, or taking a photo, or things in those families. I think room could be made going forward, for these types of areas too, since there seems to be pretty wild differences between the number of lots of each region (can go as low as 3 if its coastal, and the max seems to be 26 parcels per region). Not fool-proof, of course, but I do think it would be neat if, for example, community members could all congregate at a small park and throw a cookout or whatnot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stlshayne said:

I would like to see some more community areas that allow temp rezzing (perhaps, a time limit after the rezzer leaves the area? would cut down on spamming significantly, and as long as we keep the rule that "must be in theme" it would keep these areas from becoming sandboxes). I think it could be very beneficial to have a place that is not a home where community members can congregate and mingle, but still allow rezzing, be it for community events, or taking a photo, or things in those families. I think room could be made going forward, for these types of areas too, since there seems to be pretty wild differences between the number of lots of each region (can go as low as 3 if its coastal, and the max seems to be 26 parcels per region). Not fool-proof, of course, but I do think it would be neat if, for example, community members could all congregate at a small park and throw a cookout or whatnot.

I suggested something similar and think it would be great. It would also be nice to be able to change streams so you can have festive music for a pool party, etc. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stlshayne said:

7 hours ago, Barbie Glas said:

I suggested something similar and think it would be great. 

Abnor Mole addressed some of the difficulties with rez areas on the continent in this post:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm not sure who runs the Yavascript tours, but I do enjoy using their pods from time to time while I am multitasking or just am interested in a tour.  I'm not sure if it is even possible for them to set up shop, so perhaps a horse and buggy, cab, bus, boat, or anything, that one can ride for a guided tour through the neighborhoods - once they have all been completed.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

wouldn't mind a community country area with trails for horses, walking, and gathering.

and sufficient rez zones for water way and areas.

There’s some landmarks you might find enjoyable in the thread I pasted above.  I’ve not had time yet to visit them all myself but the ones I have seen are great 😃

Not sure if this is possible but going off in another direction, I think it would be cool to have a sea monster or Loch Nes Monster that swims around the entire region underwater and once in a while pops it's head out for a rare glimpse that legends are made of and cause people to note dates and sightings. Watch partys etc. Just a little laugh idea. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Not sure if this is possible but going off in another direction, I think it would be cool to have a sea monster or Loch Nes Monster that swims around the entire region underwater and once in a while pops it's head out for a rare glimpse that legends are made of and cause people to note dates and sightings. Watch partys etc. Just a little laugh idea. lol

A bit like sightings of Dan Linden in his testerdx Tester account?

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, coolSlayer Turbo said:

I would like to see a bigger airport added to the continent so the aviation community can use that airport and people can actually drive to that airport to catch a fligh!

You already have that in Second Norway and it lagged the sim and made a once vibrant community a ghost town other than planes.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.