What else would you guys like to see added to the new Linden Home Continent?

Gingir Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

This. Or just require sounds to be restricted to parcel.

Or be able to turn off Sounds and/or Media from outside your own parcel in the Land settings or on the Control Panel.  That would be nice if you want to watch a video or listen to media in your home but don't want to hear the neighbours' sounds and media.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I love what they made, but it is so high LI. No way I am going to have a plant to 8 LI. All these flowers is 29 LI.

I have not inspected the benches, chairs or the gazebos, but I suspect the garden chairs is over 5 LI. They look lovely and the Moles has done a great job making these nice spots, but I can't/won't use furniture with that LI for a single wooden chair.

58658629_gardench_002.thumb.png.1096c9caf87b015d5b1b26556e816634.png

Enjoy your furnitures that crumple into a mess from 10 meters away ... I guess?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:
12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I love what they made, but it is so high LI. No way I am going to have a plant to 8 LI. All these flowers is 29 LI.

I have not inspected the benches, chairs or the gazebos, but I suspect the garden chairs is over 5 LI. They look lovely and the Moles has done a great job making these nice spots, but I can't/won't use furniture with that LI for a single wooden chair.

58658629_gardench_002.thumb.png.1096c9caf87b015d5b1b26556e816634.png

Enjoy your furnitures that crumple into a mess from 10 meters away ... I guess?

Given how much area I can see in the picture, I would say she is cammed out far more than 10 meters....... Yet I can still see her furniture just find and dandy - not broken up at all.

You really can get furniture and plants that are made well, to still be seen from many meters away, without using tons of LI.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is pretty common and on each continent so far, so I would be hopeful it will be forthcoming eventually, I know I've grabbed everything fro Heterocera Atoll and Bay City (the only places I've wanted or needed them). I'm not sure, but I think you can search  "places" for "Mole Store" or something like that. The Bay City one I found by accident.

I did not know this! Thank you, I learned something new today! 😁👍

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You're right, and I do agree with you. They are high LI, but in that same vein I've seen a lot of furnishings people have rezzed that are far higher and far less... aesthetically pleasing shall we say. Some people don't care about making the most of their prim allowance, and some like us count every single prim spent. But personally I would like the option to have one or two trees or the like that will help tie my land in to the surrounding area. It's just personal preference.

12 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

As someone mentioned earlier, a movie theater would be great!

I'm not sure about this one. Is it an actual movie theater that streams media direct or are we talking an animated texture stand-in? I'm not anything close to an expert when it comes to scripts, but I'm sure when you stream actual media (for instance, a movie on YouTube), then the stream starts at the point someone arrives. So for instance, you're watching a stream, and you teleport a friend in to join you. Your movie will continue and theirs starts at the point they arrive, so you aren't actually watching it together unless you are both watching it together from the start, something like that. Maybe @Rolig Loon could correct me on that; she's far more knowledgeable than I. 😊

1 minute ago, RaeLeeH said:

when you stream actual media (for instance, a movie on YouTube), then the stream starts at the point someone arrives. So for instance, you're watching a stream, and you teleport a friend in to join you. Your movie will continue and theirs starts at the point they arrive, so you aren't actually watching it together unless you are both watching it together from the start,

Yup.  That's the way it works.  

• Thanks 2

Another thing I would like Linden Labs to provide on both a new continent and every continent is REZ zones with parking spaces so if you decide to go exploring the SL road network you can stop and explore more locations without having to make critical choice between continuing to explore or losing your vehicle and having to Re-REZ it all over again (which kind of kills the enjoyment of it all and discourages casual exploration). 

I am thinking of parking spaces with an auto-return time of at least 30 minutes or more depending on their location. Just like in real life you could have short term and long term parking spaces. I think this would also help more people interact in world. The same could apply for boats and airplanes amongst the larger collections of public access water sims.

Also in general the typical auto-return time on those public access parcels should be more than just 1 or 2 minutes. It's like don't dare stop for any reason or else you will lose your vehicle.  Never mind whatever communication or role play scenario you are involved in you "just got to keep things moving". If any aspect of the SL in world experience is supposed to be about social interaction LL seems to encode everything to achieve just the opposite. If LL can do otherwise maybe more first time visitors will choose to stick around longer rather than creating an account and never returning.

• Like 3

In the content pack, a match for the texture on the skirting would be lovely. 

Also, perhaps we could get some lower Li versions of the styles of trees used on the continent. I'd ask for the trees themselves.. but some of them are a crazy 22+ Li, and I don't think many would use them in that current version. If there were some that at least fit in (doesn't have to be an exact match) I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated and widely used, and help preserve the look of the continent, instead of people trying (and maybe failing) to find close matches. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Or be able to turn off Sounds and/or Media from outside your own parcel in the Land settings or on the Control Panel.  That would be nice if you want to watch a video or listen to media in your home but don't want to hear the neighbours' sounds and media.

This is already an option. It can be found in the About Land > Sound - Make sure there is a Check next to "Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" and a Check next to "Restrict Voice to this parcel". There seems to be a big misunderstanding as to the function of these 2 options, as I have seen a lot of people requesting this. If these are checked, you'll only hear object sounds & gestures played within your parcel and you will only hear voices active within your parcel. While you are within your own parcel boundaries it will not matter whether or not other parcels have this checked, as long as yours is checked, then all you will hear is that coming from within your parcel boundaries. You'll only hear other's when you step outside your property boundaries.

d234fcd4a851a812e6fad43cd0f8f030.png

Edited by Stephy Silvercloud
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given how much area I can see in the picture, I would say she is cammed out far more than 10 meters....... Yet I can still see her furniture just find and dandy - not broken up at all.

You really can get furniture and plants that are made well, to still be seen from many meters away, without using tons of LI.

She was selecting it for the LI. But typically, items that lod more graciously will tend to cost a bit more LI.

1 hour ago, Stephy Silvercloud said:

This is already an option. It can be found in the About Land > Sound - Make sure there is a Check next to "Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" and a Check next to "Restrict Voice to this parcel". There seems to be a big misunderstanding as to the function of these 2 options, as I have seen a lot of people requesting this. If these are checked, you'll only hear object sounds & gestures played within your parcel and you will only hear voices active within your parcel. While you are within your own parcel boundaries it will not matter whether or not other parcels have this checked, as long as yours is checked, then all you will hear is that coming from within your parcel boundaries. You'll only hear other's when you step outside your property boundaries.

This entry, by Jeremy Linden in the Knowledge Base, seems to say the opposite: that checking these means those on the outside of your parcel cannot hear you. You can still hear them, I believe. https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/parcel-media-r41/

• Sound: Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel - Enabling this means an avatar needs to be on this parcel to hear gesture and object sounds originating from within it. This is useful if you have environmental ambience like birdsong and don't want to disturb the neighbors, or if you have an Adult-rated establishment and prefer that passerby don't hear sexually explicit noises. As cautioned above, maturity ratings take precedence.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jaauuwn said:

Another thing I would like Linden Labs to provide on both a new continent and every continent is REZ zones with parking spaces so if you decide to go exploring the SL road network you can stop and explore more locations without having to make critical choice between continuing to explore or losing your vehicle and having to Re-REZ it all over again (which kind of kills the enjoyment of it all and discourages casual exploration). 

I am thinking of parking spaces with an auto-return time of at least 30 minutes or more depending on their location. Just like in real life you could have short term and long term parking spaces. I think this would also help more people interact in world. The same could apply for boats and airplanes amongst the larger collections of public access water sims.

That would be nice if the residential regions weren't residential and didn't need the LI sources for houses. Full explanation about that you can read here: 

Limits of some current rez zones you can find here: 

As Natales mentioned, the rez zones have less free prims than her vehicle. As long as the regions are residential and a lot of LI sources are consumed/reserved for the houses, I don't see how it would work - one person would rez prim-heavy vehicles on parking places and nobody else wouldn't be able to use the rez zones for next 30 minutes ...then they would come back and repeat ... Would be really easy to spoil the experience for everyone else if someone would have intent to do so.

I see that as doable on some non-residential regions attached to the residentail zones, if LL plans to make some (?), but not inside the residential area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This entry, by Jeremy Linden in the Knowledge Base, seems to say the opposite: that checking these means those on the outside of your parcel cannot hear you. You can still hear them, I believe. https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/parcel-media-r41/

• Sound: Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel - Enabling this means an avatar needs to be on this parcel to hear gesture and object sounds originating from within it. This is useful if you have environmental ambience like birdsong and don't want to disturb the neighbors, or if you have an Adult-rated establishment and prefer that passerby don't hear sexually explicit noises. As cautioned above, maturity ratings take precedence.

As far as I know, this is true. I have this checked, and I still hear police sirens at times from (honestly) across the continent at times (I don't mind unless it goes on for over 30 minutes, after that it's like... you just must be a bad police officer, why have you not taken care of this crime?). Also gestures and whatnot. Not sure if those are happening in parcels or public land, but as far as I am aware, this setting is only restricting sounds from your own parcel. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 2

I thought of a fun idea this morning! I was thinking, hey I'd love to have a pool party! But what would make it really fun would be if we could buy day passes to the parcel and then have rights to rezz things (w/in prim limits of course) and to change the music station. @Patch Linden Is that totally out of the realm of reality? Think of it! We could do block parties, beach parties etc! Just a thought, I am a dreamer, after all. 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stephy Silvercloud said:

I think I have  checked those options already and still hear noises from the surrounding parcels but maybe I just need to toggle them or maybe something corrupted or changed my choices as I don’t think I’ve even looked at them since I moved in.  Thanks very much for your helpful advice!  I’d not have thought to try that!

11 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I think I have  checked those options already and still hear noises from the surrounding parcels but maybe I just need to toggle them or maybe something corrupted or changed my choices as I don’t think I’ve even looked at them since I moved in.  Thanks very much for your helpful advice!  I’d not have thought to try that!

Checking those boxes changes things on YOUR parcel. Your neighbors need to have them checked on THEIR parcel for it to affect you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stlshayne said:

In the content pack, a match for the texture on the skirting would be lovely. 

Also, perhaps we could get some lower Li versions of the styles of trees used on the continent. I'd ask for the trees themselves.. but some of them are a crazy 22+ Li, and I don't think many would use them in that current version. If there were some that at least fit in (doesn't have to be an exact match) I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated and widely used, and help preserve the look of the continent, instead of people trying (and maybe failing) to find close matches. 

I noticed that there are some Linden trees which allowed me to Take Copy.  They are nice and only 1 LI.  I found them planted roadside on Corsica and at the SL15 birthday celebrations last June, if that helps.  Dysfunctionality has some bushes called Swaying Leafy Bush that have a lot of colours, seasonal options and sizes and shapes at only 1 LI each.  Happy tree planting! 😃

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Checking those boxes changes things on YOUR parcel. Your neighbors need to have them checked on THEIR parcel for it to affect you.  

Thanks Chic Aeon!  I thought that only affected the sounds I generate and not the sounds from outside but I hadn’t checked to see if mine had been reset or messed up.

I would like to see a city center with a small town feel to include:

cafes
bakery
grocers
farmers market
ice cream shop
candy shop
record shop
karaoke bar
internet cafe
ballet studio
yoga studio
gym
skate park
basketball
small softball field
small rugby field
city center park with a bandstand
gas station/car rez
bike rental/rez
putt putt

There are a million things they could include, but make it a fun, pretty, interactive space for people to meet, hang out, rp, photograph. A wider boardwalk with beaches and ocean on the coasts would be nice.

I would like to be able to have timed rezzing at parks, so I can pull out a bbq, picnic blankets, games for an hour or so. Even if I have to join a special group for premium residents this would be a nice feature.

**Most importantly, to have some moles do a walkthrough of each region and see where they can spruce up a bit more. Some regions have more plants, walls, rocks, etc that others do. I'm not asking for cookie cutter uniformity but more attention given to each area. Some areas on the east coast, have walls/fences on the front of properties that the resident didn't have to put out and take up their parcel LI.  Also on the east coast, I noticed some even have different plants and even topiaries on steps leading to houses. Southwest beachy regions have a nice amount of rocks, trees, and grasses, but to the northwest the same beachy sims have a bit less. Many of the inner regions hardly have any additional touches, a few are prettily heavily treed or the trees seem larger giving it a different feel, but some regions just our house and trees. The park across from my house overlooks the ocean, it would be a place where people would gather to watch sunsets in RL. Why not add more than one bench. Other pools have gardens and terraced areas with cafe tables, I think my park could have some more benches...and bushes. 

Double check that region border terrains match up. For some reason my parcel which backs up to another region and they both have the same terrain but there a sandy line right on the parcel/region edge. They're the same elevation, so not sure what the issue is, but I'm considering a support ticket, but want to confirm the same glitch with a few friends first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.