What else would you guys like to see added to the new Linden Home Continent?

Gingir Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Definitely some rez zones, since we can't hop out of a vehicle to visit a community park without our cars being tossed back into our inventories. Also, some animations or at least floating tubes in the community pools would be nice. It got boring pretty fast just sitting there looking at the empty pool!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AbbyFraser said:

I'd like to see better names for Linden owned beaches than "Protected Land". For example that little island in Kuga. "Let's visit Protected Land Beach..." 😂

I'm sure they can think of better names for those places. It would help if people want to landmark them and come back.

They have a lot of names they have to come up, just for the regions themselves.  I wonder if the having to come up with names isn't part of the hold up with putting out new regions 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Rez zones for air, sea and land vehicles. Urban looking areas with large loft type spaces for homes. Wooded mountain area with smallish cabins and little streams for fishing.

Yes, yes, yes! I want nothing more than an open-floorplan brick loft. Urban areas would be a great alternative to the current suburban theme.

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 2

1. I would like to see a 5th option added to the homes for a gazebo as I'd love to have a community garden on the ground and I don't want a house ruining it.
~~~~
2. Yes, mountains with pine trees & a stream or 2 if possible. I know heights are not easy (even more so with the requirements of an optimum number of homes on each region). But it could be done with 4 mountainous regions, keeping the pathway fairly flat up in the mountains once it rises from the adjoining sims...and steps from the pathway could lead up to rustic cabins.

• Like 4

On 4/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, Patch Linden said:

Any cartographers among us?  Remember, Magellan is missing!   We can't rely on him to map and discover things for us right now.

I would be supportive of perhaps someone putting together a listing, with some nice descriptive text, maybe some thumbnail images in a post and I can pin it here in the forums for everyone.

How about this ...

and THAT ...

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 8:05 PM, animats said:

There's general agreement that we need more rez areas, both land and water. Beyond that, we might give things some time to settle down. For now, my own place allows rezzing....

motorcyclerezzer.thumb.jpg.eb9c220bdd64c93a5444e918611fce25.jpg

Free motorcycle rezzer if you need wheels. The bike will disappear when you get off.

(In response to noise complaints, these free bikes run at 15% sound volume instead of the 100% my regular customers get. It's suburbia.)

Valerie, my animesh NPC, will say hello if you visit, but she's harmless and will mostly stay out of your way.

I like that the new continent has activity. In the last 15 minutes I've seen a boat and a horse go by.

Oh so now I know what neighbour made me give up the first home that was offered to me with the nice sea view! dash_kolob_girl.gif

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

Rez zones and more interior/exterior house textures are, like pretty much everyone else ....is what I would like to see happen.

This is not any sort of solution to the no rez issue, but What Next has some gachas that are wearables :)  Wearable rowboat, chairs , flying things ...etc.  And at 50L a pull, very affordable fun!

LL home snap_015.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I'd like to be able to choose what maturity level sim my home is on (general, moderate, adult). Since they want it to feel more community like, why not be able to be on a sim with like minded people. That way you don't have to worry about if people on other parcels can see you or not if you feel like engaging it certain activities.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Easten West said:

I'd like to be able to choose what maturity level sim my home is on (general, moderate, adult). Since they want it to feel more community like, why not be able to be on a sim with like minded people. That way you don't have to worry about if people on other parcels can see you or not if you feel like engaging it certain activities.

Hm. Maybe Horizons could have a Linden Homes section added on.

Zindra needs some more sims in the southeast corner, which was never finished.

Edited by animats
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Rez zones and more interior/exterior house textures are, like pretty much everyone else ....is what I would like to see happen.

This is not any sort of solution to the no rez issue, but What Next has some gachas that are wearables :)  Wearable rowboat, chairs , flying things ...etc.  And at 50L a pull, very affordable fun!

LL home snap_015.png

Thanks for the good idea!! As gachas are transfer trhey are bound to be on the marketplace too so I got me a rowboat from there!

• Like 3

I would like to choose what maturity level to live in G,M or A .  we all pay we should have a choice to what fits us best. this world is made from and for all of us no one should be excluded    every ones SL is different  we are all here for different reasons. I would also like to see more water or rock features near the homes to make them unique in there settings 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Boyd Wolfhunter said:

I would like to choose what maturity level to live in G,M or A .  we all pay we should have a choice to what fits us best. this world is made from and for all of us no one should be excluded    every ones SL is different  we are all here for different reasons. I would also like to see more water or rock features near the homes to make them unique in there settings 

I really like this idea. I personally would prefer to live in a G rated region. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Boyd Wolfhunter said:

I love the idea of being able to choose the maturity level. I lived on Horizons for a bit and it was a great lesson in how to de-render but I outgrew it and moved onto a 4096 on Zindra. I would really enjoy not needing to keep my new Linden home locked down as it is now. I don't actively participate in love-making but I DO enjoy not wearing clothes. So having a Linden home community in adult rated regions would be wonderful!

• Like 2

I don't think it's necessary to have LInden home areas for each of the maturity levels.  The moderate rating is a good choice.  Having a Linden home is just one way to use the premium perk of 1024 sqm free for a home - the other way is to use that to cover tier on a purchased mainland parcel that better suits your needs.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, November Velde said:

I don't actively participate in love-making but I DO enjoy not wearing clothes.

In the privacy of your own home, you can be as naked as you wish.  Sunbathing on the deck of your houseboat or skinny dipping in your backyard pool is only public if you haven't checked the About Land box that keeps people from seeing what goes on in your parcel.  Even if you have left the box unchecked, you're only marginally public, unless you are indulging in sexual activity. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Boyd Wolfhunter said:

I would like to choose what maturity level to live in G,M or A .  we all pay we should have a choice to what fits us best. this world is made from and for all of us no one should be excluded    every ones SL is different  we are all here for different reasons. 

I'm in two minds about this. I know maturity ratings are a generally confusing affair to most, myself included. But I see Mature rated land as a good compromise regarding this whole suburban community feel that's being created. But in short, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

As a general rule of thumb, I tend to treat Mature rated land as I would a real life setting in that adult activity happens behind closed doors away from prying eyes, or you're likely to be arrested for indecent exposure or the like. I'd not expect to see body parts being flashed outside my RL front door (unless people are drunk) but even that on occasion does happen, it's just so infrequent it's not "the norm." And having drugs or guns or sexually explicit material can also be found in everday RL homes, but again I can't see it as soon as I step outside my RL front door. Those things are kept away from prying eyes. The one thing that constrains RL that doesn't constrain SL is the ability to cam inside buildings or yards and in essence see through walls. Even if people make themselves appear invisible (an oxymoron at it's finest), the items they have rezzed are still visible, and that will still impact the neighbourhood appearance if enough people do it. 

Now I get the argument that people pay their fees, they "own" their houses, and should be free to do what they want. Sure, but even RL rentals have contracts, and communities and countries have laws that dictate what's allowed and what's not allowed. You either agree or you move somewhere else where you can do what you want.

One massive drawback of having Adult rated land is the fact that people tend to loiter and choke up the region looking for free sex, and lagging it down with their excessive scripts even just by standing there. Add to that, people have a disturbing habit of making sure every piece of furniture they own in Adult land contains adult scripts; so it's not just beds or baths with adult animations, its crosses and hitching posts and cages and so on in EVERY home, not just the occasional one. That's an awful lot of drag to struggle through, and it's not even including the part about just how so much adult content (or even non-adult for that matter, but poorly designed and poorly scripted objects) are UGLY! I've yet to see a single Adult region that isn't pandering to the free sex crowd, or those looking to capitalize in some means or another. It's the very opposite to fostering community spirit, and how LL would police that seems like a headache no one in their right mind would want to take on. 

Now on the flip side, after many years playing in predominantly urban sims where adult themes WERE daily occurrences, I've found myself becoming less child-friendly. I don't mean I dislike children, not at all, I just mean that perhaps I could be considered less Martha Stewart than General rated suburbia intends. And I know for a fact a lot of my good friends are just too rough around the edges for the new sims, and won't even visit for the risk of potentially being reported or ejected for offending someone's sensibilities. I also worry on occasion that something I have rezzed or said will be considered offensive to someone without meaning to. Because yes, it is MY land, and I SHOULD be able to rezz and do what I want, but there ARE laws I have to abide by, and trying to find a delicate balance at times feels like walking on shaky ground.

If arguing we should all be able to decide what rating we want individually; can you imagine how it would work if for instance a toddler avatar is happily riding their little bike along a road enjoying the sights of nature and is suddenly confronted by a massive poster of a giant erect appendage on the front porch of someone's house? How do you dictate what is allowed or not allowed without the Lindens personally camming every house every day (or neighbours spying or reporting, in itself fostering paranoia and the opposite of this new community spirit) just to make sure people aren't violating ToS, especially with regards to adult activities or imagery around minors (minor avatars, regardless the age of the player behind the keyboard)? Again, trying to find a happy blend between General, Mature, and Adult in the one space seems like opening one very massive, uncomfortable can of worms.

So perhaps not regions inside this new community but separate islands, similar to the new "squished pickle" being constructed by the Lindens and Moles for new houseboats, would be another form of compromise? Again, I'm wary of especially adult rated land for the whole Zindra effect (go experience the ugly and lag first-hand for yourself), and I know I wouldn't fit in to G rated land either. So this just begs the question; if say we do have separate continents for separate rated land, and later when the polish wears off this new project and the LL staff aren't so stringent maintaining laws to stop the cancer spreading, what's stopping Belliseria or her potential G and A rated cousins from becoming like the previous mainland continents? Nothing, that's what. Those who don't learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat it.

• Like 2

swanboat.thumb.jpg.06976e1cfb9c57a22d8ad921a890a114.jpg

Swan boats. These are a cute little amenity of Yongnam sim in Jeoghot. That area has little isolated islands and structures on the water. So that people can get around, they have these swan boats. Anyone can take one and drive it. A new one is automatically rezzed to replace it.

bumperboats.jpg.1b69319ee68e26da9944984d1a48e2e5.jpg

Bumper boats and their rezzer

Someone conveniently put this at the end of their dock in Ooos. Same idea - local water transportation when you need it.

Do more of that, please. Islands of houseboats with no mainland connection should each have some convenient transportation like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Another style of Traditional house to compete with Winchester. Don't get me wrong, it's a great house, I have one of those myself, but on some regions it's long rows of Winchesters standing side by side and facing each other.

I can't compare Winchester with 1 story houses - these are way different designs for people with diferrent wants. The other 2 story house, Continental, I think we don't see as much because Winnie has few features that make it more desirable: slightly bigger rooms, open floor plan on a 2nd floor and a balcony to top it. 

So I'll be hoping more designs are in the works somewhere and that we will see more diversity in the neighborhood. 

Edited by marinathewitch
typos
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

In the privacy of your own home, you can be as naked as you wish.  Sunbathing on the deck of your houseboat or skinny dipping in your backyard pool is only public if you haven't checked the About Land box that keeps people from seeing what goes on in your parcel.  Even if you have left the box unchecked, you're only marginally public, unless you are indulging in sexual activity. 

I do believe public nudity IS allowed in M-rated regions, publicly-viewable sexual activity (outside a building, etc.) is not allowed on M-rated regions.

11 hours ago, animats said:

Bumper boats and their rezzer

Someone conveniently put this at the end of their dock in Ooos. Same idea - local water transportation when you need it.

Do more of that, please. Islands of houseboats with no mainland connection should each have some convenient transportation like that.

This is a good idea. Perhaps I'll set-up a rezzer that rezzes an unlocked Bandit sailboat or motorboat or something (and my space is already an open rez zone for anyone and has a REZ ZONE sign just under the surface of the water) :D I'm weird, as in: not like so many others in SL; I actually love sharing what I've got with others.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I do believe public nudity IS allowed in M-rated regions, publicly-viewable sexual activity (outside a building, etc.) is not allowed on M-rated regions.

Right.  So skinny dipping or sunbathing at the local beach is within the Moderate norms.   I doubt that LL would pay much attention to an AR about naked bicycling or hang gliding either.  The distinction between Moderate and Adult is public sexual activity or advertized sexual content.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Right.  So skinny dipping or sunbathing at the local beach is within the Moderate norms.   I doubt that LL would pay much attention to an AR about naked bicycling or hang gliding either.  The distinction between Moderate and Adult is public sexual activity or advertized sexual content.  

Precisely. Though it's maybe not wise to give people ideas. Hahaha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.