What else would you guys like to see added to the new Linden Home Continent?

Gingir Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Include seasonal changes in the geography such as autumn colors for trees and snow in the winter with spring and summer colors.  Perhaps not for the current themes but if you are planning a theme in the mountains, I would love to see those seasons to match with landscaping I would be adding to a cabin or cottage.

• Like 4

I can echo with more rez zones. My wish list is more to do with the homes than the continent on a whole.

I hope to see more texture options available for both inside and outside of the homes. And for these textures to be available in content creator packs. Not for making things for sale, but for creating add-ons for personal use.

The ability for no walls at all inside each home except where absolutely necessary; to enclose stair wells, for example.

The ability to control each window blind independently of the others.

Automatically closing doors.

It is also my hope that if and when new designs come out, that all parcels will be able to use them. Perhaps not using a houseboat on land or a 'land' house hovering above water. More, if the parcel is land, then have all the land houses available. If the parcel is water, then all the water houses available. I believe it would be nice to be able to rez a home that goes onto a 512 onto a 1024, creating a larger yard to use.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, November Velde said:

The ability to control each window blind independently of the others.

Automatically closing doors.

You can control each window blind independently of the others - go to the individual window and click on the little strip that across the bottom of the blind.

You can set the door to automatically close using the control panel.  This is not independent per door though - if you turn this on it applies to all doors, interior and exterior.  My preference would be to have this apply to just exterior doors, but at least it makes sure the doors close after you go outside to visit the neighbors.    

• Like 1

Commercial premium lots and yes larger regions so we don't get logged out while boating or flying like the previous post oh yah and weather, rain thunder, fish in the sea so you can actually fish, maybe have linden fishing games.

Edited by Sarahbuxso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, November Velde said:

The ability for no walls at all inside each home except where absolutely necessary; to enclose stair wells, for example.

Now that's a interesting idea. You'd get a building kit with matching walls and doors, and those would come out of your own prim budget.

• Like 1

I'm adding my +1 to the desire for more textures and parts! I would love to have, for example, the roof texture, so I could add on architectural features like an overhanging porch and dormers!

I also agree with the desire for more rez zones!

And I'd like to request as well more community areas. The wiki made the claim that every home would be a convenient distance from a community gathering place, but I was unable to find one near my home, unless you're counting the roundabouts as community zones. I'd love to see more social gathering areas like pools, large gazebos, parks with benches, etc!

Also, I'm assuming an option to pay for a LI increase is not feasible with the current setup, but just in case it is... that is something I would be interested in! I was able to do more than I thought I would with my 350 LI, but another 50% to double, that could be the difference between "cute side house" and "main home" for me. :)

Edited by Teager
  • Like 2

Another vote for textures - For every piece of the houses and houseboats (inside and out), dock texture (we did get sidewalk texture with the houses, so dock makes sense), and as someone else mentioned maybe one or more of the trees used in the areas, so we can blend better.

No commercial stuff added, please, and IMO, definitely not any fishing or other game stuff on any of the sims designed for living.  The various communal areas like pools and parks are great though.  Any area designed for large gatherings should be on separate sims from the living areas.

Speaking of communal areas and wanting to create some master list or map or such - this thread looks to be starting a list:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 6:48 PM, Alyona Su said:

I was going for a house and got a houseboat! Once I get in world to set it up I plan to also make my slip area a public rez zone for anyone's boat. :D 

Not set-up yet, but will be in a couple of hours or so: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/bowhead/72/64/0/

UPDATE: I've now also placed a "REZ ZONE" in the water so you will be able to spot it instantly. Because I am old-school SL and about the community. And to keep the place clean and neat, there is a 5-Minute auto return, but that should be plenty of time to rez your boats, even if you have glitchies. :)

Oldies unite! Yes, bringing back the community spirit! Thank you for posting your update - SL was afterall based on community and with these new Linden Homes, the no ban lines I really feel that LL is trying to reproduce the good ole days!

Woooo!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

You can control each window blind independently of the others - go to the individual window and click on the little strip that across the bottom of the blind.

You can set the door to automatically close using the control panel.  This is not independent per door though - if you turn this on it applies to all doors, interior and exterior.  My preference would be to have this apply to just exterior doors, but at least it makes sure the doors close after you go outside to visit the neighbors.    

Oh! Thanks! I've been clicking the wrong part this whole time. Also ~just~ discovered that the windows open.

I agree with having doors that work on their own as far as auto close.

Edited by November Velde
*Edit* The doors DO work independently of each other when set to auto-close. I need way more coffee before trying to comunicate in even the most basic of ways.

Lack of coffee aside, here is another idea for the continent:

Give premium members who currently hold a home there (traditional or houseboat or whatever else that may come to be) the ability to rez (on a temp basis) anywhere on Linden-protected land. Like roads and waterways. I'm not sure how all the scripting stuff works but perhaps this will be better or easier than creating a network of rez zones?

• Like 1

Another vote for open-plan houses.  While I'm not planning on moving to Bellisseria, if I was an open-plan houseboat or house would suit my needs best.  (Need a place to put the pose-stand and studio background)

Oh and another thing.  I'd like to see LL put some kind of device at the "Social areas" like the pools, where one could "rent" the ability to set the local stream for an hour  Pay your L$, and the device asks you to send the stream URL via a channel and then sets the parcel stream to that URL.  When your time is up the parcel URL is set to the default again.  Note that I'm no script expert who knows if this is actually possible.  I even wished they had done something like that at the old social areas in the old linden home areas.

Edited by CronoCloud Creeggan
  • Like 1

It’s been said but it needs to be said again, there needs to be homes with more open floor space.  The new homes are beautiful but to cramped.  And with all that land (1024) they are on, they are just to small.
I still have my old Linden Home and I Love it to no end.  If I move to a new home it will only be because I can put a sky box above it that I can live in and be able to move around in it without bumping into walls.
Please add new homes with open floor plans, some of us would really appreciate it.

• Like 5

I wish there would be an upgrade to the registration process as at the moment it works the same as the old one and throws you randomly wherever. It would be nice to be able to have an impact to which home you are offered. Ideally you could choose which area by the sea or on the river, or by the beach, does it have a road, near mountain etc. Failing that would be nice to have a choice between three or four random homes.  So many wish they could be near their friends and family. Some people want to make new friends, others want to keep the old ones close. Wish it would be possible to land in the same neighborhood as your friends. Public transportation system with busses and bustops would be great. Think how cool it would be to take the bus to the beach with your family or to the town square or even to the church. Bicycle rezzer would encourage people to move around and explore! Thank you LindenLab for this amazing development, please hurry up with Building more of these houses !!! ❤️ 

• Like 4

I agree with everyone about the community needing rez zones. When I first got my house, that's what I went out to look for. Use those round-abouts and docks to be able to rez a car and/or a boat and put 5 min auto return on them.

Also I would like to see street signs. I love to go exploring, but I seem to go out these long dead end road just to have to turn around and come back.  

Put some pool accessories in the pool areas. Make it less boring. 

• Like 4

I agree with everyone about the community needing rez zones. When I first got my house, that's what I went out to look for. Use those round-abouts and docks to be able to rez a car and/or a boat and put 5 min auto return on them.

Also I would like to see street signs. I love to go exploring, but I seem to go out these long dead end road just to have to turn around and come back.  

Put some pool accessories in the pool areas. Make it less boring. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Rez zones for air, sea and land vehicles. Urban looking areas with large loft type spaces for homes. Wooded mountain area with smallish cabins and little streams for fishing.

I tried fishing from some of the areas in the community and would love little streams and cabins!

ATM, this is me fishing LOL

fishing.thumb.jpg.5f7fe2c4c3159138b3a703faf59c0a9c.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to see better names for Linden owned beaches than "Protected Land". For example that little island in Kuga. "Let's visit Protected Land Beach..." 😂

I'm sure they can think of better names for those places. It would help if people want to landmark them and come back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.