How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

10 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Can I ask where did you get the outfit because I think I absolutely needs it! (Not to help clean up the leaves though, sorry, I'll leave you to do that). ;) 

I can tell you that because I own it too - it's the Engineer set from Krankhaus, which happens to be my absolute favourite store in SL right now. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/krankhaus-MaitreyaV-Tech-Engineering-Set/16911641

engineer_002.thumb.jpg.774b79d4d6a6d67991320e0785a9e087.jpg

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

PRIVATE DANCER

All the men come in these places

And the men are all the same 

You don't look at their faces 

And you don't ask their names 

You don't think of them as human 

You don't think of them at all 

You keep your mind on the money 

Keeping your eyes on the wall

I'm your private dancer, a dancer for money 

I'll do what you want me to do 

And any old music will do

I want to make a million dollars 

I want to live out by the sea 

Have a husband and some children 

Yeah, I guess I want a family 

And any old music will do

I'll do what you want me to do 

Deutch marks or dollars 

American Express will do nicely, thank you 

Let me loosen up your collar 

Tell me, do you want to see me do the shimmy again?

Just a private dancer, a dancer for money

(Songwriter: Mark Knopfler / Singer: Tina Turner )

5459311C-211C-4E86-8824-E11ED208DB04.jpeg

• Like 15

This was taken at Rainy Alley. If you’ve never been you should check it out. It’s literally a single alley with rain effects, but it’s so well done. And it has rez rights with 60 minute auto return for props/lights. I’m already envisioning something with stray cats. 😁

I should probably go back inside...

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

I can tell you that because I own it too - it's the Engineer set from Krankhaus, which happens to be my absolute favourite store in SL right now. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/krankhaus-MaitreyaV-Tech-Engineering-Set/16911641

Thanks @Matty Luminos! ❤️ 

(On first glimpse I thought that was Abnor Mole in the background there and you had one of his hands! 😲 At this point decides its probably safer not to ask 😆)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

This was taken at Rainy Alley. If you’ve never been you should check it out. It’s literally a single alley with rain effects, but it’s so well done. And it has rez rights with 60 minute auto return for props/lights. I’m already envisioning something with stray cats. 😁

I should probably go back inside...

Oh yes, it is lovely.  I believe I posted picture in this thread in here and my first blog entry by designer I been blogging for a year nearly was taken there too however taught me something new about rezzing so thanks!

• Like 4

On 9/15/2019 at 12:03 AM, Peony Swee*****er said:

Playing with BOM on Black Dragon...still trying to work out if I can get my materials wrinkles onto the LeLutka head, but loving being able to just use the system layers - it's a bit like old times, but with better graphics.

So far, I have seen heads adding a 'BoM Applier'. All these do is tell the non-BoM head to use the BoM baked result texture as the head's skin. These quick adaptations don't handle the Normal and Specular maps. So....

I've played with this a bit and seems like a 3 step process will work. But, I don't have enough stuff to try it with, yet.

1 - Use the skin applier to get the skin and any materials on the head.
2 - Get the skin on the classic avatar body. No way to do materials here...
3 - Use the head's BoM applier to get the skin on the head that already has the materials on it.

The thing is, steps 2 and 3 just get you back to what you had at step one. So, BoM isn't much help on the non-BoM head adapted by a 

Presumably head makers will figure out how to use BoM and materials on their heads. But, materials are going to be a pain. My wet-skin appliers are all screwed. They have no system layer texture.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

The colours, the lighting, the composition; all of this is stunning! You're rocking a young Demi Moore look here. Can I ask where did you get the outfit because I think I absolutely needs it! (Not to help clean up the leaves though, sorry, I'll leave you to do that). ;) 

Awww, thx :D (And not thx,  I guess  - for not helping me out with the leaves :P )

8 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

And Matt is of course right! Krankhaus is a favourite of mine right now too, all the way up there together with Boys To The Bone  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So far, I have seen heads adding a 'BoM Applier'. All these do is tell the non-BoM head to use the BoM baked result texture as the head's skin. These quick adaptations don't handle the Normal and Specular maps. So....

I've played with this a bit and seems like a 3 step process will work. But, I don't have enough stuff to try it with, yet.

1 - Use the skin applier to get the skin and any materials on the head.
2 - Get the skin on the classic avatar body. No way to do materials here...
3 - Use the head's BoM applier to get the skin on the head that already has the materials on it.

The thing is, steps 2 and 3 just get you back to what you had at step one. So, BoM isn't much help on the non-BoM head adapted by a 

Presumably head makers will figure out how to use BoM and materials on their heads. But, materials are going to be a pain. My wet-skin appliers are all screwed. They have no system layer texture.

Thanks Nalates...it’s going to be a lot of trial & error for a while, I suspect...

I was was a bit surprised when using the applier that it set the head back to non-BOM with the system head poking back through. So I had to go back the LeLutka hud to reactivate BOM. But then I couldn’t see my wrinkles.

So now I have to go through and check - is it my windlight or settings? Did I not set up materials properly in my applier? Or does the LeLutka BOM button set the head to default materials? That’s a job for another day. 😏

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Saravendi said:

I’m sure this wasn’t lost on many, but we are definitely marching towards a thread of 1,000 pages! That will be 25,000 posts from our relatively small group, that already has passed 22,500 posts so far!

~ 🙂

Does anyone know if this is any sort of record for a thread? 🤔

Let's face it.......

We're addicted to our virtual vanity. What's not to love??????😌🤔😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

[KRR] Elbereth Skin for LAQ/OMEGA

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.494b211d324ce3c1bcc3574e65f16a3b.png

One thing I really like about [KRR] skins, over the .tsg. skins I'd previously been using. Is that here are no weird marks or blemishes, where the human ears would have been.

That's always been a issue for me as a neko.

You look great. Very cute.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1