How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

4 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

I call this one "Holidays are coming"...in fact, over my side of the world school's feeling a lot like this since the kids are off already and it's only staff rattling around in quiet buildings.

190915 BOM_HolidaysComing.png

Love love love love.

Although I can't tell if you're missing the kids, or in the midst of clapping because they're gone.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Thanks :) and truth to tell, it’s always a bit of both...schools are odd places without the kids.

Yes. Your pic, with the shadows and light, does a wonderful job of catching the strangeness of a room that should be bright, cheerful, and bustling.

Buildings and places that are meant for people always feel to me odd when they are empty. My campus is like that in the summer: beautiful, and green, and sunny . . . and yet somehow "not right." It's how I sometimes feel in SL, too, when I'm wandering through an urban build or some other place that represents somewhere that should be busy.

Landscape can sometimes be about quiet and solitude, of course -- but I think people always make it much more interesting.

• Like 3