How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

850348023_Rae_Sep142019_2048.thumb.png.13b6793a467097cf4cae0bc1361e7c60.png

Posing at the beach behind my house. Had a completely different pose in mind but liked this one better. I consciously broke a lot of rules in this pic; not a 3/4 composition, complex lighting on face, "floating head" subject, ill-defined hand, and yet I still like it. Go figure. No filters, just Windlight. And snazzy new eyes too!

• Like 29

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Posing at the beach behind my house. Had a completely different pose in mind but liked this one better. I consciously broke a lot of rules in this pic; not a 3/4 composition, complex lighting on face, "floating head" subject, ill-defined hand, and yet I still like it. Go figure. No filters, just Windlight. And snazzy new eyes too!

If this is 'broken', then maybe you shouldn't try and get fixed, as it's gorgeous! ❤️👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so first of all . . . I love your pictures. All of them. And your avatar is amazing and interesting.

I've been meaning to ask you, though: looking at your work, and that of @Marty Triellis here and, more recently, of Mind Carlberg ( https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/09/cajsas-daily-flickr-pick-mind-carlberg-sl-.html ) . . . is there a sort of "genre" thing going on here? If so, I'd love to learn more.

In any case, I'm really enjoying your work: very different, very cool, and very accomplished!

Hi @Scylla Rhiadra, we're not aware of any genre thing going on, perhaps we accidentally created one! 

Myself and @Cherish Demonge just took a quick look at Mind Carlbergs work together, and we're suitably impressed, that's definitely our cup of tea.  Thanks for the kind words, and feel free to stop by at Puddlechurch anytime, you can usually find us hanging around the cafe pulling faces and taking the P*%! out of each other.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marty Triellis said:

Hi @Scylla Rhiadra, we're not aware of any genre thing going on, perhaps we accidentally created one! 

Myself and @Cherish Demonge just took a quick look at Mind Carlbergs work together, and we're suitably impressed, that's definitely our cup of tea.  Thanks for the kind words, and feel free to stop by at Puddlechurch anytime, you can usually find us hanging around the cafe pulling faces and taking the P*%! out of each other.

Well, I think maybe you have created a new genre, honestly. It's very distinctive, and the aesthetic is fascinating and compelling.

The French have an expression (which I alternately both love and hate) for a woman is not conventionally attractive, or maybe even "ugly," but who nonetheless looks beautiful: jolie laide. It's sort of what your pics bring to mind: a conscious thumbing of your nose at accepted ideas of beauty, almost like a parody perhaps (your pics seem to me to have a lot of wit), but producing something quite breathtaking in its own right.

I'll drop by Puddlechurch at some point! Thank you!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Beautiful Rae!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Rules are meant to be broken...... especially when broken like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

You broke no rules in my book, RaeLeeH. It is a beautiful picture, and you look very happy in it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1