How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Let me see if I understand this. You can afford a spinet, a grandfather clock, tapestry chairs, oriental rug, and a beautiful dress... but not glass for the windows?

I mourn for the loss of your sanity.

Pfft. I AM THE GODDESS OF NATURE! WHAT NEED I "GLASS"?

That, and the sashes were sticky and hard to open.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Cherish Demonge said:

Puddlechurch Cove

Ok, so first of all . . . I love your pictures. All of them. And your avatar is amazing and interesting.

I've been meaning to ask you, though: looking at your work, and that of @Marty Triellis here and, more recently, of Mind Carlberg ( https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/09/cajsas-daily-flickr-pick-mind-carlberg-sl-.html ) . . . is there a sort of "genre" thing going on here? If so, I'd love to learn more.

In any case, I'm really enjoying your work: very different, very cool, and very accomplished!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Let me see if I understand this. You can afford a spinet, a grandfather clock, tapestry chairs, oriental rug, and a beautiful dress... but not glass for the windows?

I mourn for the loss of your sanity.

I was trying to figure out how the wind was blowing through the window glass, since to me it looks like they are definitely closed.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was trying to figure out how the wind was blowing through the window glass, since to me it looks like they are definitely closed.

Maybe there is another window out of the frame of the picture and that window is open.  Or maybe Scylla is indeed the goddess of nature and making the wind blow.

• Like 3

I finally have proper internet!! No more piggy-backing off my phone's data allowance - Woot! \o/

And it looks like I have a lot to catch up on...you've all been busy!

Anyway, in honour of now being able to waste time inworld, here's Peony examining the little animated lorikeet I made in blender while I couldn't spend time inworld.

190727 Peony Lori.png

• Like 24

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

7 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Maybe there is another window out of the frame of the picture and that window is open.  Or maybe Scylla is indeed the goddess of nature and making the wind blow.

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm betting on option 2.   :D

I thought you knew I was the Goddess of Nature.

Yeah . . . I actually have a version of this, which I abandoned, that had the windows open (the windows in my house don't actually open, so I had to photoshop them). I decided it looked a bit pedestrian -- sort of, "Oops left the windows open and now there are leaves on my carpet!" It felt like I needed to add a dustpan and broom, which wasn't quite the effect I was going for. I kinda wanted a "magic realism" thing instead?

But yeah . . . we can just say I left the french doors on the other side of the room open!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6