How can a woman trust her man enough to bring him to a store for women (and vice versa)

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

There's that too. All those ladies, dressed up like they're at a club, hitting on the guy. But, the guy is a saint. Like @Chris Nova

You either trust someone or you don't.  What about the single male who hits on the partnered woman?  Or the partnered woman hitting on the single man?  Women do the same thing and often to their best friends.  You seem to think all men are dogs that fall for any pretty face.  That's kind of sad to me.  If you consistently find yourself doubting anyone you're with, that's a you issue and not a them issue. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Seems to me to make more sense for the scorpion to take the frog shopping beforehand, thus lulling his victim so that when he fakes losing control midstream (instead of waiting until closer to shore so he doesn't drown since the frog wouldn't under normal circumstances) therefore the frog is at fault because, rather than keep on swimming to shore, he stopped so they both drowned. Honorable frog would have done his best to save the scorpion even after being stung.

You've done this before, haven't you?

• Haha 1

If Madison wants me to go shopping with her, the first thing I will do is switch to one of my girl alts. Then I can shop too. :D

I agree with those who have pointed out that if a guy is going to cheat, he will do so anyway, whether you take him shopping or not. But I also think that if you have so little trust in a man that you are afraid to take him shopping, then it's time to do the decent thing and bring the relationship to an end. And if you feel this way repeatedly, regardless of who you're dating, then it's time to step back from the dating game altogether and resolve your own trust issues before embarking on another one. because that degree of jealousy is neither rational nor healthy.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'm sure you've seen it. Maybe you even do it. A girl avatar bringing a boy avatar to a skin store, or a sexy clothing store, or even a shopping event. With how easy it is to be unfaithful and all the things we know about how men behave in SL it seems like a recipe for heartbreak. Is it to show how much trust they have? Is it a kind of torture? Is it to find someone for a threesome? I've only been to men's stores a few times with my alt and haven't seen something like this. I'd like to know what you think.

Explains maybe why a girl was dragging her boyfriend through the Doll event by a leash, even though she didn't look to be the domme type. Guess she was making sure everyone knew he was with her :)

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I have seen this in people's profiles and then 2 days later one is partnered to another person. LOL.  So unless you are physically sitting next to them watching what they do no one can every be sure the other isn't cheating RL or SL. I know you say you have complete trust but can you really?

I think this is because of the speed at which people tend to get partnered in SL. They meet somewhere, then a week later they're partnered in a lavish wedding that cost several thousand L$, and two weeks after that,  someone cheated and they're bitterly divorced again.  People often don't take enough time to get to know one another well enough before diving into marriage. Of course you can't trust someone you've only known for a week or two. Trust is earned and it takes time to grow and flourish. 

When my RL daughter was in her late teens, I gave her a piece of advice. "Don't even think about marriage until you've lived with a person for a year." She followed that advice and has now been with her current partner for 15 years (we are still waiting for the wedding though! 😆).

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'm sure you've seen it. Maybe you even do it. A girl avatar bringing a boy avatar to a skin store, or a sexy clothing store, or even a shopping event. With how easy it is to be unfaithful and all the things we know about how men behave in SL it seems like a recipe for heartbreak. Is it to show how much trust they have? Is it a kind of torture? Is it to find someone for a threesome? I've only been to men's stores a few times with my alt and haven't seen something like this. I'd like to know what you think.

Well, either you have some MAJOR trust issues, or the guy you are with who is going to do that will be doing that wherever he is. Finding women in his hidden sex groups, on his radar, wherever, and going to sex sims when you log out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TT120 said:

I'm curious about these "things". Can you elaborate?

I meant to say 'we know how all men and women behave in SL'. I did acknowledge the fact that this could happen the other way around when I put 'vice versa' in the title. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

The world, both in sl and rl. is not that full of cheaters who will jump ship the moment they see another boob.

Its funny, I used to get hit on by guys even before I "transitioned" to a female body. I'd be there in my Signature Geralt or Gianni body and male clothes, with some stubble on my face, and some guy would IM me with "Hi babe how r u?" I could only assume that the only thing they were looking for is someone with long hair. :D 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

Its funny, I used to get hit on by guys even before I "transitioned" to a female body. I'd be there in my Signature Geralt or Gianni body and male clothes, with some stubble on my face, and some guy would IM me with "Hi babe how r u?" I could only assume that the only thing they were looking for is someone with long hair. :D 

Lmao, this has happened to me on a male avatar before. I typically wear very loooong hair, so he thought I was a woman until I turned around. I had a fun time trying to explain that I actually was, but not at that exact moment as I was in the middle of a photo shoot (he was super cool about it, though - we had a great laugh over it). I swear, sometimes people just don't pay that much attention when they start firing off IMs, LOL.

26 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

But seriously,  I think this is just overthinking it and reinforcing harmful stereotypes about men.The world, both in sl and rl. is not that full of cheaters who will jump ship the moment they see another boob.

I agree! Some men just love shopping. Quite a few I've known also had female alts, too, so who knows - maybe they tagged along to see what they could find for themselves.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Okay before this becomes an "omg those whores" thread, a lot of those ladies "dressed up like they're at a club, hitting on the guy" are guys. 

At least some of us are honest about it.

And I don't hit on guys, well usually, I wait for their hit.

Oh, that came out wrong, didn't it.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

and all the things we know about how men behave in SL

And just what do you think the reaction would be if I or any other guy here made some statement and included the line "all the things we know about women in SL"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

49 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Nope, I have short hair and have been hit on by other guys. I am pretty sure it is because they like guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can safely say I have not ever been hit on at any sort of shop in Second Life - before expressing my Avatar with a more Femme appearance and after.

I can also state that I have never hit on anyone at a shop either.

was "excuse me, Ma'am"ed once - years ago, RL - while in Dallas (my hair was almost down to my rear at the time).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

A girl avatar bringing a boy avatar to a skin store, or a sexy clothing store, or even a shopping event. With how easy it is to be unfaithful and all the things we know about how men behave in SL it seems like a recipe for heartbreak. Is it to show how much trust they have? Is it a kind of torture? Is it to find someone for a threesome?

Maybe it's just to ask their partner's opinion and let them have a say in whether they should buy a particular new skin?

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.