SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Bellisseria was first opened on 15th April 2019. (go back to page 45)

However, the name Bellisseria was first revealed by @Inara Pey 's blog on 15th March 2019, exactly a month before opening. Source: https://modemworld.me/2019/03/15/new-linden-homes-preview/

The first person to quote the name Bellisseria in this forum was @Chic Aeon on 15th March 2019, see page 26.

The first person to type the name Bellisseria in this forum was @Fritigern Gothly on 26th March 2019, see page 38.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, CronoCloud Creeggan said:

I am finding this post VERY interesting and relevant considering the 2nd Anniversary of Bellisseria and the fact that Gingir is VERY active in the Bellisserian community.  Bellisseria very much fulfilled a need of certain segments of the SL userbase and that is a good thing.

hehe and I've been quoted in a few different places for that same post too. I had no idea about Bellisseria until the first release day when I heard something in the Bay City group. I jumped in head first though as Bellisseria IS what I'd been looking for in SL for a long while. I love it there. I rarely leave now days except to shop, see live music or explore some event, like the new A Night to Remember titanic museum display. 

• Like 4

On 4/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Pleased to announce today (10th April 2021) that I've successfully travelled non-stop from Sansara continent to Satori continent by sea.

Total time taken from Osmium to Pounce: 1 hour and 42 minutes.

And without a working SL World Map too.... :)

EDIT:  Have repeated the same trip from Osmium to Pounce again, but by helicopter this time,  it took only 33 minutes!

Did a trip from Melville Deep in Bellisseria to Rathais myself in my Bandit 170 myself.  It's going through the Stilt regions that slows you down, you have to slow down there for the narrower channels and turns.  Once you're into the BIG "Magellan Passage" waterway in the Chalet regions, you can speed up.

• Like 5

@Patch Linden@Abnor Mole

Is East Bellisseria's log cabin continent ever going to get a northern coastline? North of Barker region and all the way along up to Whitehall is an empty void, there is no north coastline or sea channel.

At the moment, it's a real pain for boat users from the west of Bellisseria to reach places like the stilt homes, the chalets and futher onwards to Satori continent.

As there's no north coast to East Bellisseria and it's inland lakes are at a different higher height , boats are forced to sail all the way down south to the very bottom of the continent and then up around East Bellisseria's east coast.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CronoCloud Creeggan said:

It's going through the Stilt regions that slows you down, you have to slow down there for the narrower channels and turns.  Once you're into the BIG "Magellan Passage" waterway in the Chalet regions, you can speed up.

There is a large waterway, about 1 water region wide,  through the stilts. I have hydroplaned through it very quickly in our old LittleBee.  It runs in a stairstep fashion along the fringe of houseboats at the lower edge of the Northern wing of stilts.  I would provide a picture, but alas, no map. 

Diving Belle, Serpent Hatchery, Waterlogged, Keel Over, Clear Sailing, Lone Shark, Pool Shark, Captain Hook, und so weiter, clear down to Too Salty, past which you pick up the Logland coast.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

Hey, I was just looking around the Map search  (wanted a picture of the old Meadowbrook), & came across a region "Meadowbrooke" unnamed parcel 128,128,0.  Is that maybe a suggestion of a new theme similar to the old style sleek houses??   😲

No - if it was you wouldn't be able to TP there. Nothing to do with LL.

• Like 2

• Moles
8 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

Hey, I was just looking around the Map search  (wanted a picture of the old Meadowbrook), & came across a region "Meadowbrooke" unnamed parcel 128,128,0.  Is that maybe a suggestion of a new theme similar to the old style sleek houses??   😲

Not one of ours.    If it's anything to do with the new Linden Homes, it's going to be SSP* until we rename it, which doesn't happen until everything has passed QA and is ready for release, which means well after the theme has been announced.

Also, as Evangeline suggests, if it was in any way connected with an unreleased LDPW theme you wouldn't have been able to TP there without an LDPW group tag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Not one of ours.    If it's anything to do with the new Linden Homes, it's going to be SSP* until we rename it, which doesn't happen until everything has passed QA and is ready for release, which means well after the theme has been announced.

Also, as Evangeline suggests, if it was in any way connected with an unreleased LDPW theme you wouldn't have been able to TP there without an LDPW group tag.

Oh well, I could wish.  I didn't try to tp there, I was on my way to something else when I noticed it.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying my cute little chalet . 😊

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't want to start another thread in here about this, but wanted y'all to know... maps are showing signs of working again! Zooming out is starting to function, and although the newer Belli regions are not showing up, I feel hopeful they will soon!

Also something I haven't seen before - when your mouse hovers over a region name, the region name (and number of avatars present there) appears in white letters on a black background well below the region name on the map instead of overwriting the label already there, so you can actually read it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't want to start another thread in here about this, but wanted y'all to know... maps are showing signs of working again! Zooming out is starting to function, and although the newer Belli regions are not showing up, I feel hopeful they will soon!

Yes, I can see some of the new islands now, whereas I couldn't just a couple of weeks ago. It's still patchy, but it's an improvement!:)

stilt_land.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

On @Inara Pey's blog yesterday, she posted the following quote from Grumpity Linden:
image.png.32a3a739ebb4bc0bee38ae484b7cc0ee.png
Link to the blog post: https://modemworld.me/2021/04/16/linden-lab-l-buy-fee-change-2fa-tpv-and-map-tile-updates/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

I was able to get some better shots of the new lands via the map. Yay!! It's so nice to be able to see all the new areas including the chalet region on which you can now see the big river that runs right through it...

On the stilt pic, that empty space in the top right, there are no regions there yet, it's not a map glitch.

Map_3.JPG

chalet_land.JPG

Map_4.JPG

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
added one more image
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 11

And one more for completion, to show all the Bellisseria lands as they stand now. It's fun to imagine how the themes will spread out in the future...I would guess that a couple of themes might go below the stilt and chalet regions, unless they plan to extend those themes there instead.

Is it just my eyesight, or does it seem that there are more log homes than any other type, judging by land mass...? I'm still hoping for more Stilts on Piers with open views(there are not enough in my opinion and judging by demand) in case I want to move in the future lol. But they haven't finished building yet, so there could be more coming:)

Map_5.JPG

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Being able to see the map has me squealing in joy! It's nice to FINALLY be able to see the map of the new regions next to my Stilt.

I love my view but once those new houses are occupied i'll probably die. Just turning my camera around to current occupied houses drops my frames to slideshow, and that's at 128m lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

And one more for completion, to show all the Bellisseria lands as they stand now. It's fun to imagine how the themes will spread out in the future...I would guess that a couple of themes might go below the stilt and chalet regions, unless they plan to extend those themes there instead.

Is it just my eyesight, or does it seem that there are more log homes than any other type, judging by land mass...? I'm still hoping for more Stilts on Piers with open views(there are not enough in my opinion and judging by demand) in case I want to move in the future lol. But they haven't finished building yet, so there could be more coming:)

Map_5.JPG

Not all the homes on the "log landmass" are logs.  There are quite a few Victorians, and a smattering of campers as well.  Regardless, however many logs homes that there are currently, it clearly isn't enough.

image.png.7f8e1634b18274e64ae2723cebf10f48.png

What I find particularly intriguing about your map is the obvious waterway.  There have been many mentions of the obvious route through the new chalet regions, but it's clear that the moles have a plan for establishing a sailable path.  It's nice to see seafarers' needs being considered.  Not all of this is open water yet, but I suspect it will be at some point.

image.thumb.png.355e2930da5aa0c12ac3f942b6e8b885.png 

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Not all the homes on the "log landmass" are logs.  There are quite a few Victorians, and a smattering of campers as well.  Regardless, however many logs homes that there are currently, it clearly isn't enough.

image.png.7f8e1634b18274e64ae2723cebf10f48.png

What I find particularly intriguing about your map is the obvious waterway.  There have been many mentions of the obvious route through the new chalet regions, but it's clear that the moles have a plan for establishing a sailable path.  It's nice to see seafarers' needs being considered.  Not all of this is open water yet, but I suspect it will be at some point.

image.thumb.png.355e2930da5aa0c12ac3f942b6e8b885.png 

my land page has log homes always

• Like 1

I have missed the map sooo much!!!! ❤️

I wonder what I am going to see from my Stilt home soon. May I order a lighthouse, please? 😁 It is the red dot.

All those new stilt regions, original ones and no clones. I like it!

I always knew I could be built in, so if I don't like the new view, I pack up and see what Lady Luck has for me.

cala.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1