SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

56 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Please move Zindra & Horizons over with the rest of the mainland. We're sad and lonely and promise not be naughty ever again.

Isn't "being naughty" kinda the whole point? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 4:58 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Poor Gaeta I, stuck up there all by itself and not even finished.

Did you notice on the new World Map... the vast empty Void ...free of any Estates on its East side.   Was it always like that or have some Estates moved out of the area?

15 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Did you notice on the new World Map... the vast empty Void ...free of any Estates on its East side.   Was it always like that or have some Estates moved out of the area?

It's been so long since I looked at that area, that I'm not sure.  It's possible that LL has always left that area blank in case they one day finished the continent and connected things on downward.

• Thanks 1

@BJoyful

Those spaces are/were reserved for Gaeta II, III and IV, but were never added.  On the SL map website, if you click those empty spaces in certain spots, the empty spots even tell you the names of the three missing Gaeta continents which ought to have been built there.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 4/17/2021 at 7:57 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Just saw something interesting on a giant noticeboard at Bellisseria Fairgrounds. It was showing an album flickbook of photos from Bellisseria's first two years which was nice, but what caught my attention was something planned for the future.  Apparently there are to be a new themed region of apartment towerblocks.... or was that a wind-up (joke) ?!

I think it was set up for April Fools day ...last year there was ‘weather’ in the new log homes as they were opening on April Fools Day also!  My goodness I love their sense of humour!

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 8:42 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@LittleMe Jewell@Aethelwine@Fritigern Gothly

I've had a quick look at Gaeta I continent and worked out it would only need a maximum of 13 new regions to link it to Corsica's coast.

A new Gaeta I channel would be shortest between the south side of Oppinjay (on Gaeta I) and the north side of  Joosten (on Corsica).

Gaeta I channel.png

I’ll help out by donating an Open Water Region to that path! If anyone else is able to do so or needs help to make that happen please feel free to IM me or say so ️🗺💕

• Like 5

On 4/17/2021 at 9:56 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Since the map started working again I have been staring at the very obvious, currently unfinished route (in red) from the Belliseria fairgrounds to the south of Satori and what piqued my interest is that the route leads past the area which we now call "the log homes" even though there are also Victorians and trailers there.
So I penciled in my imagined addition (in bright green) to Belliseria where the next, yet-to-be-revealed theme would be located (I hope it will be floating islands, as I had suggested to LL 🙂 ).
The reason why this makes sense to me is because this will add a north bank to the river which logically will be extended past the log homes. Plus this new theme has to be put somewhere and this location would be a good spot. It would require the moving of a few private regions, but that has been done before.

image.thumb.png.b7a1553b1422a4bdce921649ef30ca37.png

On that green Patch of very sticky radioactive slime you have so cleverly set out... add some cans of worms and some cookies as bait for the LDPW... once caught,  they can be auctioned (held for ransom) until the funds for same have been raised... maybe?

Since keeping all the Abandoned Land live and connected is (in one way or another) being paid for by the revenue generated by (and for) the greater good of everyone... let’s just buy it and make it as beautiful as it deserves to be.  I know it’s a massive undertaking.  I know how to do it and all that’s needed is a co-ordinated effort to make it so.  If there is a Boss of this caliber who can conduct this project, I will help.

I have a strong instinct that all that Abandoned Land is going to be needed.  Once the cost of maintaining that is off the backs of LL and in Residents hands, land tier will drop.  We are ALL already paying for that Abandoned Land so let’s not waste it 🗺 😉  

Many thanks to the clever person who brought this to my attention.  In SL there is nothing we can’t do for ourselves.  We don’t need very much from LL and we certainly don’t need them to have to stretch their resources to the limit when we already are sitting on a gold mine of trees and wishing we had a forest instead... we already do have that forest. 😉

Edited by BJoyful
IPad typing needs a daintier touch than mine (smh)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Lilheartsong said:

hi, question and sorry if this is wrong place to ask. The stilts they build now, will they let us know when they get released ?

No, LL will not.  They only notify for new theme releases, nowadays.  You either have to check the map and refresh when you see green dots in a region you're interested in, or hope that someone posts about a new release at the end of this thread:

• Thanks 1

Lots of mole activity today in the unfinished Stilt areas. Someone has been busy putting out treats in the new build areas..not sure if these are snacks for the busy hungry working Moles, or passing traveller treats..😁

SSPE1770_001.png

They are probably just part of what they do when building in the beach bars etc. Still, I like to think of them   as treats for explorers:) (I didn't eat them all....honestly....)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Just noticed a region new to me up in the SSP development area, SSPRR.  It is attached to the light green area that appears to be where the moles are developing the tiles to use in building out the as-yet-unannounced theme to follow the chalets. Doesn't as yet seem to have a cover on it.

SSP ... Railroad?  Roger Ready? Rum Runner?

ssprr.thumb.JPG.4fa916accb29e67be57eb9be2b3a88bd.JPG

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just noticed a region new to me up in the SSP development area, SSPRR.  It is attached to the light green area that appears to be where the moles are developing the tiles to use in building out the as-yet-unannounced theme to follow the chalets. Doesn't as yet seem to have a cover on it.

ssprr.thumb.JPG.4fa916accb29e67be57eb9be2b3a88bd.JPG

It could be RR for Roy Rogers, King of the Cowboys.  So .. the next theme is Westerns! :D 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Perhaps Reveal Region..for the SL18B reveal of the next theme....

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Perhaps Reveal Region..for the SL18B reveal of the next theme....

That would make sense, although they usually use Enchant for that (currently name SL17B Enchant, soon be renamed to SL18B Enchant).

However... What if they are going to change things up this time?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

Does anyone know or have any ideas about what that land is above Bachman?  When I click on it there is no information and I can't TP there either...curious...

It's probably just an old image of a region that's been moved. If you don't get any info when clicking on it I'm pretty sure it means there is nothing there. The map doesn't seem to be updating these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

It's probably just an old image of a region that's been moved. If you don't get any info when clicking on it I'm pretty sure it means there is nothing there. The map doesn't seem to be updating these days.

The map can take up to three days to update. But as you rightly say, it’s just the ghost of a region that has been moved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1