SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

14 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

There's a lot of Stilt home development going on - I spied this lovely neighbourhood on the north log land coast.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1104/141/188/23876540571_ReallyWet_001.thumb.png.38c5ee393edb8dff64f64f5ec4c5573f.png

The close presence of conifers and palm trees is a little puzzling.  Are there places in the real world where this happens?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

The close presence of conifers and palm trees is a little puzzling.  Are there places in the real world where this happens?

A few coastal areas on the West Coast of Scotland. (Warmer microclimate due to the Gulf Stream.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Spain, Portugal, some parts of North Africa and I am fairly certain that you can even find places like this in the south of France.
And come to think of it, it could happen in California and perhaps even in the south of Oregon, but I am not certain about this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

This is quite common at some parts of Europe. For instance in Croatia, I was amazed by the diversity of the trees. I think this picture is a good example. 

1000x620xc.jpg

Edited by xViXeNx71
typo
  • Like 13

On 2/24/2021 at 1:18 PM, xViXeNx71 said:

This is quite common at some parts of Europe. For instance in Croatia, I was amazed by the diversity of the trees. I think this picture is a good example. 

1000x620xc.jpg

You and @Elena Coreand @Blush Bravinhas convinced me that it is so. Still, my brain can not accept it, when I look at the different types of trees! 😆

I used to think people who put such a mix of trees on their land did not know better. Well, it was me who did not know better. But my brain still does not like the light green/yellow palms next to the dark green conifer trees.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

The Moles have added five new SSP regions just east of the purple SSP regions which are closed for public access. These new regions could be apart of the next upcoming Linden Home theme or maybe for another project they are working on. We will have to wait and see.

The big batch of pink SSP regions are no longer on the grid. 

SSP2532.thumb.PNG.b6d5dd2ab005bf95459ce313dbdef14a.PNG

571667706_Purple1.thumb.PNG.9919b8cc81131ca077edaa73babf52e3.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

You see many palms in people's gardens in the U.S.'s  Pacific Northwest, which is a cool, rainy climate known for its evergreen forests.  However, if you look closely you will probably see that they are "hardy" palms, tolerant of a wide swath of climate zones - really, to my eye, they are indistinguishable from tropical palms.  They can add a tropical note to the concert of your garden :)There are even hardy banana trees, though I've never seen actual bananas on one!

Here are nurserys that specialize in hardy palms.

https://oregonpalms.com/

http://www.hookedonpalms.com/

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I particularly like the zones butted up against the log or cabin areas. I can imagine sipping my fruity tropical drink beneath the palms with the cool ocean breeze blowing through, and then getting on my trusted steed and taking a moonlit horseback ride through the cabins and woodsy areas afterward.

• Like 9

A very gracious person who'd grabbed my abandoned house has allowed me to stay there for the time being while i'm unable to have my premium up. Upon coming in today I noticed land north of the region. We have new SSPE lands north of Otter Limits over to north of Mango Salsa. They seem to connect to what is already in the works that we have seen near Ringing Palms and friends.

image.thumb.png.151a89dd14096abb8947fd1e456913b2.png

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Huge new batch of regions added north east of the stilt homes almost connecting with the Satori continent (south west part). There is now only a few regions separating them. 

Map still not working for any region visuals. 

1b.thumb.PNG.4d3fff38d2119fcfc42c1c8c563f3c7d.PNG

1a.thumb.PNG.e0d4f6e478fa5d95df539c0d8d97ba29.PNG

1c.thumb.PNG.08857a762caf6353161e8899f7acc68e.PNG

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Huge new batch of regions added north east of the stilt homes almost connecting with the Satori continent (south west part). There is now only a few regions separating them. 

I'm in Yeeowler in Satori right now - I can see on mapview what appear to be new regions with names like "Muesli", and "Winterberry".  This should be great!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Thanks Daniel for sharing this news, I have been eagerly awaiting this development. When the connection is made I hope that there will be some additional regions along the south east coastline of Satori to allow onward navigation north.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Thanks for this. The map is a real PITA, can't wait till it's fixed. This must be what Patch refered to in the recent interview (Home & Garden Expo) about continents being almost connected.

• Like 3