SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

It's due north of Gaeta 1, and you can look at it in the map, but you can't teleport there without permission. It looks bleak.

Gaeta 1 itself is similarly bleak. I just went there. It's mostly abandoned land, with the occasional big building unrelated to its surroundings. No roads. No infrastructure. At Rouse/38/159/37, there is a huge IKEA-sized store. You can wander for twenty minutes. Mostly clothing, but also buildings and breedables. No way out that I can find. There is an large art gallery at Brussel/116/151/31. Some skybox stuff. That's about it. No need for another continent like that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Looks interesting. It looks like it will be developed into a full-size continent, assuming they don't abandon it like Gaeta I. I can't imagine it being used for Linden homes, with those mountains and sailable water.

Meanwhile, a few weeks ago, the big Eden and Fruit Islands estate was moved, 10 sims to here, and the rest from about here up to the remote north-west, after Eden was taken over by the Fruit Islands owner. I wonder why they felt it necessary to move the whole estate? It must have been an expensive exercise.

• Like 1

Those do look like new terrain textures compared to old mainland :D

AND since we know that The Lab usually names things with appropriate initials, I asked Google what SSP might stand for :D.

This was the most interesting and kind of fitting for the terrain shown in the map:

• Survival Single Player, a game mode in the video game Minecraft

So we know that more games were on the "coming soon" list. 

Perhaps ----   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, animats said:

It's due north of Gaeta 1, and you can look at it in the map, but you can't teleport there without permission. It looks bleak.

Gaeta 1 itself is similarly bleak. I just went there. It's mostly abandoned land, with the occasional big building unrelated to its surroundings. No roads. No infrastructure. At Rouse/38/159/37, there is a huge IKEA-sized store. You can wander for twenty minutes. Mostly clothing, but also buildings and breedables. No way out that I can find. There is an large art gallery at Brussel/116/151/31. Some skybox stuff. That's about it. No need for another continent like that.

Do they sell Swedish meatballs?

• Haha 2

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Whow looks like thw start of a new continent ... 80 sims

Either the Lindens are up to something or there is a new giant private investor...

What's a "sim"?

I am TOTALLY up to something!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18