SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
3 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Any way of changing the dark grass texture to the lighter original one used on the neighbouring continents, @Abnor Mole ?

Hmm... so... make it so the color of the terrain textures no longer coordinate with any of the rocks, trees, bushes, flowers or other greenery we've planted across a thousand regions just to make it look more uniform on the world map. 🤔 I'm sure no one would notice. 😣

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Any way of changing the dark grass texture to the lighter original one used on the neighbouring continents, @Abnor Mole ?

I'm pretty sure that making the grass look good to the residents of the regions is a bit more important than making the map look pleasing to... one person? 

• Like 10

The terrain textures of Bellisseria are one of the things I like about these regions. There is no way I would want to see the textures changed, so they coordinate with mainland textures on a map. Most mainland textures are unattractive. I would rather those be changed.

• Like 11

I love Bellisseria just as it is. I have a home there and also have property on each of the other continents with the exception of Zindra and Gaeta I. I appreciate the diversity of each and would hate to see it all looking the same just to make the map look pretty.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

The terrain textures of Bellisseria are one of the things I like about these regions. There is no way I would want to see the textures changed, so they coordinate with mainland textures on a map. Most mainland textures are unattractive. I would rather those be changed.

This! Once the Bellisseria project is done, I hope that mainland gets some love and improvement in that regard again. Pretty please ^_^

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm pretty sure that making the grass look good to the residents of the regions is a bit more important than making the map look pleasing to... one person? 

It's not just one person who would love for the Bellisseria coastlines to look more natural on the map.  It was the first thing I noticed when the first group of new regions appeared on the map.  That said, I completely understand why that had to be sacrificed for the things that really matter, and I definitely the Bellisseria grass.  While I would prefer both, give me a beautifully immersive experience over something that looks nice on a map any day.    

I'll also add that having a functional map is more important to having it be pretty, though those two things likely aren't related.  

• Like 8

Old Bellisseria looks great on the map. But the additions that started with the Victorians, has a more massive shape with no fjords and almost no rivers and lakes, just ponds that is not visible when zoomed out as far as on the map.

Mainland looks great from that far away distance. But zoom close enough to see all those signs that clutter up, and worse as close you get, until you can watch the eyesores in all their "beauty:" And with abandoned land spread out with their bleak textures in between.

Better to have a fine Belisserian landscape on ground, where people live, and the map is not important at all.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

It's not just one person who would love for the Bellisseria coastlines to look more natural on the map.  It was the first thing I noticed when the first group of new regions appeared on the map.  That said, I completely understand why that had to be sacrificed for the things that really matter, and I definitely the Bellisseria grass.  While I would prefer both, give me a beautifully immersive experience over something that looks nice on a map any day.    

I'll also add that having a functional map is more important to having it be pretty, though those two things likely aren't related.  

Really, the number of people who want a pretty map is irrelevant; I was simply responding to this ONE person. My point, which you do seem to agree with, is that it is the wishes of the actual (paying, I might add) residents of Bellisseria that take precedence. 

• Like 5

• Administrators

Hey y'all!

I've gone ahead and cleaned a few posts from this thread as they were not constructively contributing to the topic of this thread, and were veering off into interpersonal bickering territory. 

If you want to make personal jabs at each other (we would hope that you won't pursue this option) you can take it elsewhere, or drop it like it's hot.

You don't have to like each other, but veering threads off topic with off topic bickering isn't cool for the rest of the people that use these forums.

So let's please play nice and stay on topic!

Thanks!

giphy.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 14

Questions for the Moles or Lindens....

North Bellisseria.png

Will Bellisseria Log Homes continent ever get a northern coast?

If so, could this coast's waterway be expanded along the top of Bellisseria West so to join to the protected waterway between Sansara's east coast and Islandia South, as no such link presently exists there.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 10

12 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Will this area north of Bellisseria ever be completed and expanded to reach Sansara and Islandia South? 

A question and a data point for you:

> Where is Islandia South?

> The only hint I've noticed is that LL has already moved some private regions away from the area above LogLand.  But then again, I believe they also moved some regions away from the area south of LogLand (east of VictoriBelle) quite a while ago, and they have not built anything more in that area as yet.

• Like 3

@Nika Talaj Islandia South is a rectangular block of 30 regions all named after famous artists.  It's separated from the east of Sansara by a four region long protected waterway which is at the standard 20m water level height. But there are voids at either end and it goes nowhere.

Islandia South.jpg

Islandia South is owned by Anshe Chung, but she doesn't own the protected waterway. I think linking this waterway to Belliserria would be good for residents on both continents and for Islandia South's residents too.

1050687162_IslandiaSouth2.thumb.png.90bf7348535919c832a9d0efd041aed1.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

The white compass medallion, you mean?  Well, they just finished doing some work with the map code.  Maybe testing the ability to add new overlays to it?

I wish I could add an overlay to the map!  Put favorite destinations, friend's homes, etc.. on it.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

SSPNCR region has appeared on the east side of the green SSP regions (closed to the public). I wonder if it has something to do with the SSPRR region down south. 

SSPNCR.thumb.PNG.872385f31d0fafcda99fa585ce24f73f.PNG

It's the No Chocolate Region; a replacement for the Cornfield (and in my opinion far worse).

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The views from SSPE1791 bridge. 

SSPE1791_004.thumb.jpg.1fa113d00193777a7ca1bb0bd6ed00bd.jpg

SSPE1791_003.thumb.jpg.d254da15a13be189f3bcfb1cdb9df0ec.jpg

Loads of new Stilts being added around SSPE1790. 

SSPE1791_001.thumb.jpg.01902bea92ee299414a797e3900177ae.jpg

New Chalet homes will be added here very soon.

SSPE1791_005.thumb.jpg.4d25e34ab991cbca2acd9f7ad568da12.jpg

It's starting to look really good so far. 

Me.thumb.PNG.9faa24e40a76c5be087c5afc44bfd58f.PNG

SSPE1791_002.jpg

Having a look round at recent developments I am amazed to see what looks like an underground tunnel from Windsurfers Solitude to Brady Stream. Moles were busy at the north end so I didn't hang around and leave them to work their magic in peace.

image.thumb.png.30352bbb87cb2fe21f7a35fa5fbd721e.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If you search for Brady Stream and hit the teleport button, you end up wishing you were wearing a scuba suit.

586187566_BradyStreamTunnel_002.thumb.jpg.61e07d88aecf4c90416ca2614366d4eb.jpg

The bird's eye view from above shows the tunnel running from Windsurfers Solitude to Brady Stream...south to north. If you are at the center windmill on Brady Stream just center yourself and head south on a direct flight.

954614693_BradyStreamTunnel_001.thumb.jpg.54c4e9b3bf6a3c08dcbdabb710267714.jpg

Looks like Mr. A. Mole left his car parked after a long day at work at Windsurfers Solitude.

1357541602_BradyStreamTunnel_003.thumb.jpg.1a1a45c5d35f87884447e508f420520d.jpg

• Like 11