How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Nah. Here's a more or less complete list of Orwar-approved sports:

• Axe throwing
  • Log throwing
  • Punching each other
  • Riding at each other on horseback, trying to knock each other off with sticks
  • Sticking swords or spears in each other
  • Whacking one another with axes or maces
  • Pulling opposite ends of a rope
  • Pushing each other to the ground

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh. Those kinds of sports.

Well, this IS a happy coincidence. One of my old hobbies used to involve the following:

• Applying poultices made of smelly, boiled herbs and dung to abrasions and cuts inflicted by maces, swords, and spears
  • Fastening blood-sucking segmented worms to people's bodies to assist in the healing process and relieve the humours
  • Resetting bones broken by falls from horses after being hit by sticks, by crudely forcing the two fragments back together (without anaesthetic).
  • Amputating limbs damaged by axe cuts with a dirty, blunt saw (without anaesthetic).
  • Cauterizing the resulting stumps with a burning log or stick (as above)
  • Drilling holes into people's skulls with a hand drill to relieve pressure on the brain (vide supra).
  • Holding screaming and squirming patients down if someone else was performing any of the above.
  • Fetching a priest to perform the last rites on my subject.

We have complementary interests, talents, and skills! You must invite me along to your next sports day; I'd love to participate. I'm a bit rusty -- it's been a while -- but they say it's like falling off a bicycle (for which, btw, I'd recommend the application of a paste of honey, spiderweb, and mud).

I tell ya', this thread is really starting to capture my interest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Wanted to give the FaceApp a try, but I think I'm more of a smirk person... 

Edit: funny though how after the initial shock of "hey that's not me, its creepy" after a few minutes it does kinda look not that horrible at all.

FaceApp_1560528558598.jpg

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Alright, so peer pressure, curiosity, the inability to turn away from a car wreck . . .

Here are before and after shots using FaceApp. The only thing I did to my face in-world was to fix the eyes in place, and I did almost no post-processing before handing it off to FaceApp.

1224298811_FaceAppTest-BA-Blank.thumb.png.951519fec90e0b86278384984bd0b03d.png

So . . . on the one hand, I have to admit that it doesn't look terrible. And maybe does look a bit more realistic.

On the other hand, I hate it. My response is similar to Zeta's "hey that's not me, its creepy". But that's a purely subjective response that probably has a lot to do with the fact that this is my avatar. Ironically, I really quite like Zeta's example!

Oh, also . . . Hey FaceApp! Don't f**k with my light and colour settings!! Yeesh.

So... I thought that I looked weird at first because I've never seen me smile like that! I have the Lelutka Face HUD and even with that tool, my smile is totally creepy...I MEAN CREEPY and weird.... strange, odd and fundamentally WRONG. So, to see myself with an authentic smile was strange, but kind of liberating from the brooding aloofness I'm usually sporting. I will also say, the paid version of the app allows for much finer detailing and I think looks a lot more natural.

ZETA & SCYLLA... I think this is what you both look like in your happy places :) You are both beautiful and lovely, brooding or not, IMHO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh. Those kinds of sports.

Well, this IS a happy coincidence. One of my old hobbies used to involve the following:

• Applying poultices made of smelly, boiled herbs and dung to abrasions and cuts inflicted by maces, swords, and spears
  • Fastening blood-sucking segmented worms to people's bodies to assist in the healing process and relieve the humours
  • Resetting bones broken by falls from horses after being hit by sticks, by crudely forcing the two fragments back together (without anaesthetic).
  • Amputating limbs damaged by axe cuts with a dirty, blunt saw (without anaesthetic).
  • Drilling holes into people's skulls with a hand drill to relieve pressure on the brain (vide supra).
  • Holding screaming and squirming patients down if someone else was performing any of the above.

We have complementary interests, talents, and skills! You must invite me along to your next sports day; I'd love to participate. I'm a bit rusty -- it's been a while -- but they say it's like falling off a bicycle (for which, btw, I'd recommend the application of a paste of honey, spiderweb, and mud).

This is one of the funniest and wittiest post I've ever read!!!!  LMAO! LOLOLOLOL! Still laughing!!!! OMG... Orwar and you have a new career as a comedy team 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was anaesthetic. You forgot about the whisky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought you liked Latin?

Bring me a preacher on my death bed, and I shan't leave this world alone! ... Bring a nun instead. I like nuns. Wiggles eyebrows.

1 hour ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I can’t imagine Orwar smiling it’s a stretch of the imagination for me used to his kind of sombre look and duh also like I don’t have to be always smiling on SL as opposed to rl pics.

Snapshot_008.thumb.png.1e2b96b5a834d57f287fca49322b509d.png

I leave that to Neph, she's better at it. Look how happy she is!

• Like 5
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Dooo iiitttt. 

Thing is, Google is p*ssing me off wanting passwords and stuff which I don't remember before I can download faceapp. Is there a way to just get a clean download for windows?

Because I'm sick of how invasive Google is getting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

Thing is, Google is p*ssing me off wanting passwords and stuff which I don't remember before I can download faceapp. Is there a way to just get a clean download for windows?

Because I'm sick of how invasive Google is getting.

Well, if you're using an Android . . . that IS Google. So, one way or another, they've got you, I'm afraid.

• Sad 1

Wow what a day... First Patch Linden over in Bellisseria and now I am partying with Rider Linden and Wulf Linden over at SECOND PRIDE...  Rider is wearing the dark outfit and sporting a mask and a cane... Wulf is obviously the wolf! Both of them gave me Linden Bears and have had a lovely conversation with Wulf about Second Life...

He gives me so much hope for our lovely world and I thank him SOOOO MUCH for his time!!!

Thank You LINDENS!!!

828362858_EvawithRiderLindenWulfLinden@SecondPride_001.thumb.jpg.cc2f6ca3f479bd933a07a59a41bd9653.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1