How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 2/6/2020 at 8:35 AM, Seicher Rae said:

Here's the old photo I was talking about (system avatar and defunct sim):

original_57d49376e85cda0f06000001.png

I could see how some people took that photo as inspirational.  I see the wheelchair on the sand and your avatar standing upright in the water with arms outstretched ready to embrace the new lease on life.  The pose gives the viewer the impression of the subject being overjoyed to have legs that work again, and finally being able to feel the earth's elements beneath her feet. 

• Like 9

It's time for the fortnightly Belly Dance again.  It's hard to get good pics at the actual event so I took these of my outfit after.

I went full kitty tonight with my ancient neko skin that's seeing new life due to Baked on Mesh.  Now if i can only get the original creator to make it higher resolution.

49504658926_f4c944712c_h.jpg

49504147323_f4d7204964_h.jpg

49504657951_2c75ddb896_h.jpg

49504871452_d3e24b1e25_h.jpg

• Like 33

14 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Original Ruth/Roth bodies are written into the viewer. A change to that code changes the body of anyone using the viewer and a Classic body. It is that body the Starter Avatars basically replace. But, those bodies are not built into the viewer. I don't expect the Lab to change the Ruth/Roth code in the viewer. I do expect new starter avatars. I think most if not all those Starters were made by non-Lindens and acquired by the Lab.

The starter avatars for the last couple years are the standard avatar with alphas and mesh clothing/hair. The mesh monstrosities aren't in the starter avatar panel any more though you can dig 'em up from their graves library folders. The mesh vampires are still in the avatar panel though.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:24 AM, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

YEAH weekend! Partytime folk 😎

Your avatar today small.png

Glue: Love the attitude, your hair and that cig holder is just badass awesomeness! 🧚‍♀️
Looks like you’re sayin “Sara... you better not be seriously considering wearing those nasty sweat pants to the club tonight, really?” And I’m like “No problem Glue... changing now!” ;)

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

@Stranger Hoxley I just couldn't resist applying the Newell touch to one of your intro pics. Welcome to the Avi forum, and beware of the addiction. 9_9

SL234.png

That addiction is kinda like alcoholism... some consider a disease... but you can get your shots for it at your local bar.

You can post here to feed your photo addiction... or is that feed our addiction... 😕 ...not sure. But, it is fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I could see how some people took that photo as inspirational.  I see the wheelchair on the sand and your avatar standing upright in the water with arms outstretched ready to embrace the new lease on life.  The pose gives the viewer the impression of the subject being overjoyed to have legs that work again, and finally being able to feel the earth's elements beneath her feet. 

Yes, exactly! I was so (pardon the pun) focused on how I was seeing it, how I intended it, that it did take me a while to figure out wtf other people were talking about. Also, once the first person commented on the photo about it being "inspirational" that set that interpretation in other people's minds. (Which is one reason I'd prefer not to have the explanation cards next to works of art.) Bottom line, the photo told a story to folks, and so I consider it to be successful! Thanks for your comment/observations. :)

• Like 2