How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

17 minutes ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

Hi folks, inspired by a them event - zodiacs- I took this pic. I love it 🥰

Want to see it in action? https://gyazo.com/aa8c3c21d8ae535aaf37bf17382db009

Zodiac libra.png

That's an awesome avie.  I did a similar avie for a similar event years ago in the pre-mesh era.  If i could find a pic of it I still would't post it out of shame at how much better yours is.

Edited by Amanda Dallin
wrong punctuation
  • Like 3

So, yep, I clearly edited this a bit outside of SL but mostly the background really. Had to grab this cute hair from the FLF list .. and tested a new eye set I made as well as some lips. The skin is a lovely skin by Glam Affair @ Anthem. I am so glad to see that we still are getting Catwa skins with options fo BOM & Appliers. I think that is a smart option, to be honest. Also, found my cute card from Tres Blah.. its like it fell to the back of my virtual closet and I finally dug it up! I've stopped shopping as much for this reason.. I now try to only get one or two items from the weekend sales and limit my event purchases to things that are completely new and unusual. It's helped.. my inventory is thanking me slowly as I delete all the old stuff I no longer use. yay! 

945709601_lovelyandsweet.thumb.png.07edf7a89ddff441f8522f432540e20a.png

• Like 27

11 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yes, exactly! I was so (pardon the pun) focused on how I was seeing it, how I intended it, that it did take me a while to figure out wtf other people were talking about. Also, once the first person commented on the photo about it being "inspirational" that set that interpretation in other people's minds. (Which is one reason I'd prefer not to have the explanation cards next to works of art.) Bottom line, the photo told a story to folks, and so I consider it to be successful! Thanks for your comment/observations.

It was a good call in not providing explanation cards.  I think it's more fun to sit back and watch your audience project their own life experiences and interpretations on to your work, and thus allowing them to relate to your work in ways you would never expect.  The message in your art the viewer gets may not be the message you intended, but it will hit a spot anyway. For that, I agree it's a success.

Edited by Gregorian Chant
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Glue: Love the attitude, your hair and that cig holder is just badass awesomeness! 🧚‍♀️
Looks like you’re sayin “Sara... you better not be seriously considering wearing those nasty sweat pants to the club tonight, really?” And I’m like “No problem Glue... changing now!” ;)

Sara, Glue sounds so sticky 😁. Just call me Manu and hm, me a badass? Probably more a smartass, but thanks for the compliment 😘

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 6:22 PM, Cristiano Midnight said:

I saw someone whose picture was literally in 452 groups and had tons of likes on it and it was not even a particularly great picture, with probably 50 comments praising it.

I see those and I don't understand how someone has the time to post in that many groups. I attempt to post mine to 60 groups and I'm quickly over it, so there are days I post to just five, with the intent of posting to more later.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

Game of basketball? Always!! 😜

Basketball02.png

Another cool photo... 

8 minutes ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

Sara, Glue sounds so sticky 😁. Just call me Manu and hm, me a badass? Probably more a smartass, but thanks for the compliment 😘

IMHO- I read your reply on a thread I started Re: the story of your SL name, and I think Glue is super cute! Very original and zero negative connotation to me! But, I’ll use Manu (if I can remember)... 😘

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Another cool photo... 

IMHO- I read your reply on a thread I started Re: the story of your SL name, and I think Glue is super cute! Very original and zero negative connotation to me! But, I’ll use Manu (if I can remember)... 😘

I got called Glue for a quite long time (roleplay time) and honestly, it made me feel scruffy 😎

Edited by Gluehwuermchen Tornado
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1