You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Laurie Garrett (great Science writer and author of a comprehensive book on pandemics) is on this Michael Moore Podcast speaking on vaccines:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-187-its-like-herding-americans-how-to-defeat-covid/id1490354763?i=1000520583150'

Ep. 187: It’s Like Herding Americans! How To Defeat COVID This Year (w/ Laurie Garrett)

Michael is joined by public health expert and Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Laurie Garrett to discuss the new reports that the United States of America will never reach herd immunity to the coronavirus. President Biden seemed somewhat defeated when he had to announce recently that we will have to settle for 70% getting just one shot by the 4th of July. They discuss how each of us are the most important ambassadors for total vaccination success. If 200,000 Average American citizens who are listening to this podcast each convince 10 people to get their shots — BOOM! Yes, there is a small portion of the American public who will simply refuse to get the vaccine and whom we cannot reach. However, most of the people avoiding vaccination have fears and skepticism — and each of us can help convince them with our support, encouragement, kindness and love. President Biden — don’t give up on us. We’ll get millions of those sleeves rolled up by summer!

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I was finally able to get my first shot yesterday!  Pfizer.  Arm a little sore and quarter-sized bruise, but otherwise fine.

Things are ramping up. 12 to 15 year-olds eligible next week.  Fingers crossed we reach herd immunity...

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1390122392375087104?s=20

thats great Luna.. I got my 2nd march 5th.. Moderna and the 2nd kicked my butt for 24 hours.. sick as a dog, but totally worth it to be vaccinated. 🤘

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

thats great Luna.. I got my 2nd march 5th.. Moderna and the 2nd kicked my butt for 24 hours.. sick as a dog, but totally worth it to be vaccinated. 🤘

I get mine the 17th of this month,  I'm taking a weeks vacation just for it,  as others in my area I work with have had it and 24 to 72 hours they have been down.   I aint risking trying to work in that factory for 12 hours a night feeling like dog stuffs.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I get mine the 17th of this month,  I'm taking a weeks vacation just for it,  as others in my area I work with have had it and 24 to 72 hours they have been down.   I aint risking trying to work in that factory for 12 hours a night feeling like dog stuffs.

I recommend planning on being down a few days.. if less, your good, if not, least your ready for it.

I've had my first one (Astra-Zeneca) and it wasn't too bad at all. Felt like I was coming down with flu for about a day and a half but it never got as bad as actual flu, and wasn't bad enough to even consider taking time off work. 

12 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I've had my first one (Astra-Zeneca) and it wasn't too bad at all. Felt like I was coming down with flu for about a day and a half but it never got as bad as actual flu, and wasn't bad enough to even consider taking time off work. 

its not the first one that tends to get you, its the 2nd

Edited by Sorciaa
  • Like 1

I tested positive.. I didn't realized I am infected with it before drinking coffee it taste like hot water. Smell and taste almost gone completely.

I am not sure if its okay to get vaccinated after being infected or is it pointless. Considering only 10 percent of population vaccinated I guess I will not get vaccine in 7-10 year. I don't care anymore :P

I will sit at my room listen music, post on random forums, watch movies, and play some games :)

• Sad 1

Apparently vaccine side effects are a good thing. when i had my fist dose of AstraZeneca hours later i had chills and the worst headache ever felt rotten for 24 hours after my second dose i was expecting to feel just as bad as the first time but didn't really feel all that bad

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I had my second Moderna shot a little over a month ago.  I had no reaction to either one, except that I was sleepy for a day after the second one, if that counts.  Anyway, no arm soreness, no flu symptoms, ... just sorta ho-hum.  I'll still keep my distance from other people and will wear a mask indoors for a long time to come.  I don't care to be responsible for passing CoVid along inadvertently, even if I am safe myself.  Besides, I can thank the mask for bringing me through cold/cough/flu season this year better than I can ever remember.  My doctor says this is the first year that she hasn't had any flu patients too.  It's an ill plague that blows nobody good, I guess.

• Like 4

I had both shots back in March... Pfizer type. First one made me groggy for a couple of days, second gave me no issues at all. Glad to be vaccinated, wish everyone would do it. Even if there have been cases of issues, more people die of car accidents every day than have serious issues with these shots, and I don't want to consider the consequences of getting sick with COVID.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

I tested positive.. I didn't realized I am infected with it before drinking coffee it taste like hot water. Smell and taste almost gone completely.

I am not sure if its okay to get vaccinated after being infected or is it pointless. Considering only 10 percent of population vaccinated I guess I will not get vaccine in 7-10 year. I don't care anymore :P

I will sit at my room listen music, post on random forums, watch movies, and play some games :)

Suggest talking with a physician. My father caught Covid, but was advised to go ahead and get the shots...  Pretty likely we're going to need booster shots in several months. I want this nasty virus gone, I want life back.

• Like 1

I had my first shot of Moderna a week ago.  It made me sleepy for the night and I had soreness at the injection site for two days.

I'm due for a second one in a couple weeks. I've been advised to drink plenty of water before going in and move your arm around to ward off some soreness. Wished someone had told me that before I had my first one. haha

• Like 2

My arm was killer sore after the first shot.  The soreness woke me up in the night - about 12 hours after the shot - and by morning it hurt to raise my arm at all.  That soreness lasted 24-36 hours, but it was sore to the touch for a few more days after that.  Second shot was sore to the touch for roughly 24 hours, but no other issues at all.

• Like 3

I had my first Pfizer shot last week and was feeling good until the evening when my arm felt sore and painful to move around. It was fine the next morning. Hopefully no problems on the second one. On the plus side, I barely felt the needle. Some nurses are really good at jabbing people.

• Like 2

I had my first AstraZeneca and did not notice any real side effects. Just a bit tired the day after, but it that was triggered by the vaccination I don't know.
I have these days more than once because of my diabetes.
Second jab in two weeks.

• Like 2

They have us working 6 days a week right now and more than likely until September.. So I'm probably going to have to work my shots around my vacation days..

We get more of those in July, so it's going to be a couple months before i can get my first one done..

I’ve had both my Moderna jabs and no major issues outside of feeling like a truck hit me for about 12 hours.

Most likely I was spared any major discomfort because the meds I take to appear “fake normal” and hide another chronic condition also do wonders against inflammation of other types.

Hey, those horse-pills HAD to have an upside somewhere 🙂

My only regret is that I didn’t bring my zombie mask to the second injection. 

By hook or crook, I was the first one injected that morning (I went there right after 3rd shift so I got there early). I was also the first one in the little “cool off and see if you react” room and sat there for about 5 minutes by myself.

If the second person placed there had walked in on me wearing a zombie mask and hissing “braaiinnzz”, I probably would have gotten myself arrested.

People who work nights are “different” and I embrace that 🙂

image.gif

Edited by Amanda Crisp
Speeeling
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.