You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had my second jab this afternoon, so the WiFi transmitter software should be activated by now.
But, damn, I still have to use my keyboard to get this message in this thread.

If that's still the case tomorrow, I want my money back!

Oow wait, vaccinations are free here.  ☹️

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, neopolaris said:

Here is the MSDS for SM-102.

https://www.caymanchem.com/msdss/33474m.pdf

https://www.caymanchem.com/news/sm-102-statement

SDSs are required to present the content and hazards of each ingredient in a shipped chemical product. The SDS for Cayman’s  SM-102 (Item # 33474) accurately represents that the mixture of chemicals in the product are 90% chloroform (a common solvent) and 10% SM-102. While it is a common solvent, chloroform has several known serious hazards, which have been included on Cayman’s SDS.  Neither the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS), or the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) Classification and Labelling Inventory list any hazards associated with SM-102.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I had my second jab this afternoon, so the WiFi transmitter software should be activated by now.
But, damn, I still have to use my keyboard to get this message in this thread.

If that's still the case tomorrow, I want my money back!

Oow wait, vaccinations are free here.  ☹️

Oh, I'm hoping for 5G and Netflix with my second jab :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:
8 hours ago, neopolaris said:

Here is the MSDS for SM-102.

https://www.caymanchem.com/msdss/33474m.pdf

https://www.caymanchem.com/news/sm-102-statement

SDSs are required to present the content and hazards of each ingredient in a shipped chemical product. The SDS for Cayman’s  SM-102 (Item # 33474) accurately represents that the mixture of chemicals in the product are 90% chloroform (a common solvent) and 10% SM-102. While it is a common solvent, chloroform has several known serious hazards, which have been included on Cayman’s SDS.  Neither the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS), or the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) Classification and Labelling Inventory list any hazards associated with SM-102.

SM-102 is the lipid used to encase Covid-19 Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for introduction into the body. Chloroform (trichloromethane) is the solvent used to keep the lipids in suspension during the manufacturing process, and is removed during that process.

The lay public can't be expected to understand lipid chemistry, but if one believes the use of trichloromethane in the production of vaccines is problematic, one should immediately stop using vegetable oils (also lipids). Mechanical extraction of oils from seeds and grains is often too inefficient for mass production, so solvents are routinely used. The most popular solvents are pentane, hexane and octane. Hexane is the preferred solvent for extraction of oil from corn, soy, canola and peanuts.

https://extension.okstate.edu/fact-sheets/oil-and-oilseed-processing-ii.html#solvent-extraction
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2015/04/13/ask-the-expert-concerns-about-canola-oil/

One will also want to give up decaf coffee, which is stripped of caffeine using chloroform's cousin, paint remover (dichloromethane).
https://www.interamericancoffee.com/decaf-methylene-chloride-mc/

ETA: my response is directed to neopolaris and Arielle (who thanked neopolaris).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The lay public can't be expected to understand lipid chemistry,

I don’t understand lipid chemistry, I’m an idiot. What I do know is it something sounds fishy, like a claim implying one of the ingredients in a vaccine is liquid death, there’s probably more to the story, and it took me all of about two minutes to dig that up, and even I can understand it.

I also understand that TikTok ain’t medical school.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

One will also want to give up decaf coffee,

Damn straight.

• Like 3

For context, I developed reactive arthritis after a virus early last year, which was most likely COVID (but no tests, so no proof). I had minimal symptoms and likely wouldn't have known what was going on, except that my family had classic COVID symptoms. The arthritis was severe and I'm still recovering.

So, the good news is the first vaccine dose (AstraZeneca) didn't cause a new arthritis flare, which was a concern. Right now, my joints are better than they were before the vaccination. Don't know if that will last.

The bad news is I got headaches, fever and chills and was in bed for a bit over a day. A few days later and I'm a little fragile, but able to do stuff again. However, it was peanuts compared to the reactive arthritis.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

One will also want to give up decaf coffee, which is stripped of caffeine using chloroform's cousin, paint remover (dichloromethane).
https://www.interamericancoffee.com/decaf-methylene-chloride-mc/

ETA: my response is directed to neopolaris and Arielle (who thanked neopolaris).

If one is going to drink decaf coffee, then best to use one done by the swiss water method. No nasty solvents used. https://www.swisswater.com/

• Like 1

Of all the times I've had vaccines, I've only had a bad reaction twice - once from a tetanus booster and the second time  from the first of the 2-dose shingles vaccine, so I really wasn't sure what to expect getting the Covid vaccine.   I had the Pfizer vaccine - first dose late March, second dose mid-April.  I didn't have any noticeable reaction either time.  

My husband, both our daughters, our son-in-laws and our granddaughter have all received the Pfizer vaccine (though our granddaughter has only just had her first shot, once they started vaccinating 12 - 15 year olds), and none of them had any issues of note except for a little soreness in their arm for maybe a day or two. My mom had the Moderna vaccines without any issues of note.  

My sister and her son, both of whom have some wariness about vaccines in general, had the Moderna vaccines, and both had pretty strong reactions resulting in flu-like symptoms that lasted several days.  However, my sister said that even with the reaction she had, she was sure it wasn't as bad as getting Covid could be. 

• Like 5

On 5/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

A friend of mine who had her jabs quite early because she worked in care homes said after the second jab she was much more energetic. I'm hoping for that too, after the first jab I felt very lack-lustre.

Quite incredible, it's exactly as she said. I had a good sleep, got up, and it was like I was a Duracell bunny, loads of energy, nothing worse than the hay-fever I always get this time of year from the white fluffy willow spores..

I can only assume that the lethargy and fatigue I had the first time was due to the battle of making antibodies from scratch, but this time around they were already there and just needed a quick refresh?

I wish I'd studied biology at school, but I was notoriously squeamish when it came to the wet slippery things we're all made of. My biggest claim to fame was passing out cold in the first-aid class when they were describing how to perform an emergency tracheoctomy with a pen-knife and a biro.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I don’t understand lipid chemistry, I’m an idiot. What I do know is it something sounds fishy, like a claim implying one of the ingredients in a vaccine is liquid death, there’s probably more to the story, and it took me all of about two minutes to dig that up, and even I can understand it.

We're all idiots in some area of knowledge, Lyssa. That doesn't prevent us from detecting BS, as you did. Like you, when my BS meter wiggles, it rarely takes long to investigate. Most times the BS is BS, but not always. Each BS dive introduces me to new knowledge, sometimes in conflict with what I thought I already knew.

The world is tremendously complex and humans love simplicity. I enjoy wading into that tension.

• Like 4

On 5/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, neopolaris said:

Herd immunity is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that can occur with some diseases when a sufficient percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through vaccination or previous infections, thereby reducing the likelihood of infection for individuals who lack immunity.  So first off, it's not a vaccination.  The shot doesn't  contain the virus, and secondly it doesn't make you immune.  I'm surprised people don't know this.  Fauci has said it's purpose is to reduce the symptoms.

A vaccine needn't contain the virus to confer some degree of immunity. It need only elicit an immune response against the virus. That's precisely what mRNA and viral vector vaccines do (the only types of vaccines approved for use in the US), as evidenced by the presence of Covid-19 antibodies after vaccination.

To put a finer point on this, neither infection nor vaccination guarantees full immunity. There have been and will be instances of people infected by Covid-19 multiple times and of vaccinated people becoming infected. Current indications are that the US approved Covid-19 vaccines (particularly mRNA) elicit a much more significant and consistent immune response than actual infection.

Perhaps you have confused immunity with infectiousness? Protecting someone from disease is not the same thing as preventing infection and transmission. Most people infected with the polio virus do not suffer the disease "poliomyelitis". That happens when the virus invades the central nervous system. While polio vaccines can largely prevent that, the virus is still able to reproduce in the gut (which is out of reach of the immune system polio virus response), and be transmitted to others via the fecal-oral route.

As for Fauci's statement, the purpose of vaccination in particular and health care in general has always been to reduce symptoms (and signs) of disease. Vaccines do that by reducing the ability of a virus or bacterium to produce symptoms. There should be nothing remarkable about his statement.

ETA: For Covid-19, evidence so far indicates that both vaccination and infection dramatically reduce transmission. Sufficient exposure to either will promote herd immunity, but vaccination does so with a dramatically lower incidence of symptoms, including death.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Gotta nip spelling and punctuation errors before they infect everything.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 5/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, neopolaris said:

So first off, it's not a vaccination.  The shot doesn't  contain the virus,

Which is utterly meaningless. The word "vaccine" came into being from the initial smallpox vaccinations, which used cowpox virus instead of smallpox virus.

(...making it udderly meaningless, I suppose...)

• Like 3

On 5/22/2021 at 7:51 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

humans love simplicity.

I'd have to disagree since in my experience men tend to complicate things more so than women do. Or they do it just because they know it irks the hell out of me. And they always pick the worst possible time in which to make things more complicated than they really are. 😉🤐

On 5/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, TT120 said:

I heard Bill Gates was using these vaccines to implant tracking chips in us so I have been going to really weird places trying to freak him out.

I've been moving back and forth in a straight line that never extends beyond 60 feet in one direction.

I live in a 14' x 60' mobile home.  🤭

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've been moving back and forth in a straight line that never extends beyond 60 feet in one direction.

I live in a 14' x 60' mobile home.  🤭

I just got done mowing my lawn.  That's going to look weird on his charts.

• Haha 2

I feel really bad for the apple product users, It sounds like they are getting shorted this pandemic.

Maybe next pandemic an Apple CEO can be the front man or woman..

I'm gonna get a shot of each vaccine when I get mine.. The tech perks just sound too good with the mixed shots..

:D

• Haha 2

I will go back for the 2nd shot Friday. I will go back for the 2nd shot Friday.

I considered the J&J because you only need one shot, but decided Pfizer would be better.  I just don't like to have my arm punctured or encounter what looks like a bomb shelter with military presence and no doubt a few airborne virus particles floating around, so feared I wouldn't go back again....but....I...

...will go back for the 2nd shot Friday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I will go back for the 2nd shot Friday. I will go back for the 2nd shot Friday.

I considered the J&J because you only need one shot, but decided Pfizer would be better.  I just don't like to have my arm punctured or encounter what looks like a bomb shelter with military presence and no doubt a few airborne virus particles floating around, so feared I wouldn't go back again....but....I...

...will go back for the 2nd shot Friday.

Getting my second in about an hour.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.