Pearl Worried

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I'm going to say this again, since we're playing the "I'm new" card, even though I have said it before, and frankly it's beyond annoying and shouldn't be necessary for me to say at all, it's pretty common knowledge and usually proper netiquette.  

Keep forum stuff on the forums, and keep forum crap out of my IM and inventory inworld.. PLEASE. That includes those reading and feeling the need to white knight for someone that I have, repeatedly, said offended me terribly, yet have still been far more pleasant than I probably would otherwise in any other locale.  

I don't give a flying pig's left friggen nut if it didn't offend you, or you think I shouldn't be offended (worse, that I should "get over it"...that deserves a hearty...something.... but I won't), or if you're that person's friend, or not. I really don't give a crap. So please stop trying to come to her defense by filling my damn inbox with crap about me and all kinds of other stuff I'd rather not read. I've hardly been mean and I've been far more diplomatic than I honestly (now) believe is deserved.  She clearly doesn't care what I, or anyone else says, or thinks, and I suppose good on her for being consistent in that, however annoying most of us may find it. 

I really wouldn't do that to other people, I'm not sure what in the world is running through people's heads when they do (I also don't want to know, cuz some of them are just wretched creatures). 

I'm confused. I know I sent you one message here in the forums. I don't remember ever having sent you an IM inworld. If you can find it please send it to me so I can confirm if it was me or not. I won't lie. I'm worried a bit about some sort of hack.

34 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I'm not denying I was clueless at all. I still don't fully understand.

After just 15 pages in this thread, and countless other pages elsewhere, we are expected to believe "I still don't fully understand."

:|

Yes, this is just a genuine soul. A good egg. Someone who is sincerely trying to learn. [sarcasm font]

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I'm confused. I know I sent you one message here in the forums. I don't remember ever having sent you an IM inworld. If you can find it please send it to me so I can confirm if it was me or not. I won't lie. I'm worried a bit about some sort of hack.

It wasn't you, it was twerps reading and white knighting for you and it's gotten old, my patience has worn thin, and I'm not about to answer them inworld since now I've logged off. I can see from other responses here that I am not alone in the receipt of.......eh, it doesn't matter, I'm more miffed now than I was before and I don't expect anyone but me to care about it. My problem to deal with. 

Now I'm bowing out of this thread and going to find something else productive to do because my time in sl for the day has been demolished, since now my feathers are ruffled and are probably going to stay that way for a while.

I'm a big enough girl that I can admit it's my own damn fault for ever bothering to tell someone they've been offensive. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No, I don't know it. Near as I can tell I'm more or less tolerated and that's about it.

As far as I can tell, most of us are more or less tolerated by more or less the rest of the forums.

For a while I had a fan girl or two and honestly, it was creepy. Apparently I peeved those folks eventually. It is a gift.

You'll get the occasional snark from someone, eventually, if you post anything more than photos... oh wait, even photos will get you snarked at. I'm pretty sure I snarked at you about something not all that long ago. No one agrees with everyone all of the time. If you are tolerated, you are ahead of a lot of folks here. I'm guessing I'm on way more block lists than you. :)

Edited by Seicher Rae

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

After just 15 pages in this thread, and countless other pages elsewhere, we are expected to believe "I still don't fully understand."

:|

Yes, this is just a genuine soul. A good egg. Someone who is sincerely trying to learn. [sarcasm font]

I am absolutely baffled how this got to 16 pages now.  I am equally baffled how I let myself even read this thread.  Now I am baffled why I am even responding to it.

What can I say...........................I'm baffled today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

As far as I can tell, most of us are more or less tolerated by more or less the rest of the forums.

For a while I had a fan girl or two and honestly, it was creepy. Apparently I peeved those folks eventually. It is a gift.

You'll get the occasional snark from someone, eventually, if you post anything more than photos... oh wait, even photos will get you snarked at. I'm pretty sure I snarked at you about something not all that long ago. No one agrees with everyone all of the time. If you are tolerated, you are ahead of a lot of folks here. I'm guessing I'm on way more block lists than you. :)

It does get old being merely tolerated after a while though. You know what I mean? 

We all do and say things that make others unhappy with us but we're still human and have feelings. And the only get out of jail free card is the end of life, if you catch my drift.

I can deal with the occasional snarking. Even if it's not the fun kind. It's the constant sniping from a certain poster that gets on my nerves. Yeah you did snark at me not long ago but you know what? I knew it was just a fleeting moment so I just shined it on and let it go without commenting. I don't even remember what it was about now because it just wasn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't be so sure of the block list thing though. lol 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

But yet we still can't separate our inworld identities from the forums..

Ok...here's the thing..maybe I'll go along with in world (for you at least) has a touch of RP.   Your forum personality should be mostly, if not all, the real you.  Here is where I don't believe a lot of what you say has anything to do with learning anything.  You should have learned how to interact with adults in a discussion in college. Basic human contact to some degree that you shouldn't be having any trouble doing.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think I'm confused here.  I never asked anyone to deal with my annoyance.   I actually never even said that I was annoyed, though I did say that she made me irritated and I felt she was clueless.

The reply was not directed to you, sorry for any misunderstanding.  I was using her own words telling us all she's annoying.  And we should just deal with it?

43 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Ok...here's the thing..maybe I'll go along with in world (for you at least) has a touch of RP.   Your forum personality should be mostly, if not all, the real you.  Here is where I don't believe a lot of what you say has anything to do with learning anything.  You should have learned how to interact with adults in a discussion in college. Basic human contact to some degree that you shouldn't be having any trouble doing.  

I simply didn't know that the forums were different in that way from inworld. I've learned that now. It's not the negative comments which helped me understand, but the positive ones. Scylla especially for pointing things out to me.

I can't say I won't start controversial threads by accident, but I will do less RP and be myself.

Edited by Bagnu

M'kay ....

Thanks to the 'magic' of "Latest Post" I saw your reply OP.

All I can say to it is the following: Bull.

Even a cursory glance through the Forum should have made it abundantly clear that there is pretty much no RP that occurs here (unless done in jest ala hings like Maddy setting people on fire). No posts have been made in brackets/parenthesis (outside of added thoughts such as the ones I'm using here) on top of a whole host of other differences (such as no posts describing actions).

There's more but honestly the last two days with broken sleep are catching up to me.

The point - restating - is that the Forum is not for RP.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I simply didn't know that the forums were different in that way from inworld. I've learned that now. It's not the negative comments which helped me understand, but the positive ones. Scylla especially for pointing things out to me.

I can't say I won't start controversial threads by accident, but I will do less RP and be myself.

There was a lot of good advice in the negative comments, too as countless.people have tried to point out.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Bagnu said:

What I would have expected is for people to ignore me if they don't like me or my topics. I personally wouldn't waste my energy participating in threads reading people's posts if I disliked them...I simply wouldn't care.

Pearl, I just wanted to say something.  I did not leave the forum (and I said for awhile) because I dislike you or hate you and I wanted to make that clear.  I am leaving for awhile because there is too much drama for me with all of this that it's gotten over-dramatic.  I need some time out and that's all I wanted to say.  Later y'alls.  

and, p.s.  You don't need to make another thread when you have one going.  If you could at least stop doing that, it might be a step in understanding that your attention seeking is out of control because it really is.   Again, later y'alls.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

The one thing in SL I have never experienced in SL  is being sexual with a close friend. I've wondered what that would would feel like.

Now I have gone adult, but no choice.

I would start a thread on that but I would just end up getting attacked again.

you DO have a choice, and this kind of BS annoys people. You try to look like a adult, but i seriously start to wonder if your way of thinking is in line with that.
That's no hate or whatever you call it, but a serious tip to think not twice but at least triple times before posting something.

Keep your sexual triggers out of here and keep that for the approriate ADULT forum section, or talk in private with your FRIENDS, not here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you DO have a choice, and this kind of BS annoys people. You try to look like a adult, but i seriously start to wonder if your way of thinking is in line with that.
That's no hate or whatever you call it, but a serious tip to think not twice but at least triple times before posting something.

Keep your sexual triggers out of here and keep that for the approriate ADULT forum section, or talk in private with your FRIENDS, not here.

But really, was it all that unexpected? It was only a matter of time.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

But really, was it all that unexpected? It was only a matter of time.

to be honest?.... not at all, but after all "i understand"... i kept hope ( and still have)
16 pages of wasted posts, she ignores everything except her "friends" .. and i wonder if she really reads, or just picks the warm blankets.
ánd i think people should have at least some friends that are less agreeing.. dare to say things, and not just jump in ..she's so sweet... it only confirms to act in the total randomness we see happen. But i fear that won't be friends for long.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

So despite all your tubthumping about how real you were, how this was truly your personality and we all would have to suck it up as it was your genuine self - actually, I've been right all along and it was just a character, this place was just your projection screen and you could in fact change it (God, it was obvious). And despite having been told and told and told for weeks, maybe months, what was pissing some people off -indeed, just being here for all that time -the problem was just that you had somehow just not understood what they were saying, or the nature of the forums.

This is the kind of truly disingenuous behaviour that leads you to start threads pretending to be protective of your friends while actually throwing them under a bus, because now they're under pressure to identify themselves and defend you against the inevitable arguments about you that you've clearly tried to engineer. Or bang on and on about your sex work while swearing that you really did need to ask the most basic questions about consent and discretion in sexual ethics because you truly didn't know. Or cause a huge amount of hurt to a particular group of people, contributing at least in part to one of them leaving, and then focus only on the blowback to you. That latter incident alone didn't tip you off that this isn't the place for roleplay? Really? You took genuine enough offence yourself that you still mention it now (case in point, this thread). You somehow knew that everyone else wasn't roleplaying...

But no, you just didn't understand. All this despite apparently being 30% ahead of your peers at university because you're that clever.

I am so deeply unimpressed with the "revelations" you appear to have had on this thread because they are nothing that aren't obvious, that you haven't already been told and told and told, and which I believe you already knew. But you're still trying to claim wide-eyed innocence. (Can I suggest that if you're trying to explode stereotypes about sexual women, you don't do so much "dumb blonde"?) 

It's an absolutely staggering level of dishonesty. This thread alone, as I've said, pretends to be protective of your friends while actually setting them up for trouble. It's hard not to see all this as incredibly manipulative and deliberately divisive, and the innocent "ooh, now I know but I can't promise I won't be controversial again TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT" schtick, plus new friendship offers, as just a way of giving it all further longevity. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
Grammar. On phone. Cat on head.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

So despite all your tubthumping about how real you were, how this was truly your personality and we all would have to suck it up as it was your genuine self - actually, I've been right all along and it was just a character, this place was just your projection screen and you could in fact change it (God, it was obvious). And despite having been told and told and told for weeks, maybe months, what was pissing some people off -indeed, just being here for all that time -the problem was just that you had somehow just not understood what they were saying, or the nature of the forums.

This is the kind of truly disingenuous behaviour that leads you to start threads pretending to be protective of your friends while actually throwing them under a bus, because now they're under pressure to identify themselves and defend you against the inevitable arguments about you that you've clearly tried to engineer. Or bang on and on about your sex work while swearing that you really did need to ask the most basic questions about consent and discretion in sexual ethics because you truly didn't know. Or cause a huge amount of hurt to a particular group of people, contributing at least in part to one of them leaving, and then focus only on the blowback to you. That latter incident alone didn't tip you off that this isn't the place for roleplay? Really? You took genuine enough offence yourself that you still mention it now (case in point, this thread). You somehow knew that everyone else wasn't roleplaying...

But no, you just didn't understand. All this despite apparently being 30% ahead of your peers at university because you're that clever.

I am so deeply unimpressed with the "revelations" you appear to have had on this thread because they are nothing that aren't obvious, that you haven't already been told and told and told, and which I believe you already knew. But you're still trying to claim wide-eyed innocence. (Can I suggest that if you're trying to explode stereotypes about sexual women, you don't do so much "dumb blonde"?) 

It's an absolutely staggering level of dishonesty. This thread alone, as I've said, pretends to be protective of your friends while actually setting them up for trouble. It's hard not to see all this as incredibly manipulative and deliberately divisive, and the innocent "ooh, now I know but I can't promise I won't be controversial again TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT" schtick, plus new friendship offers, as just a way of giving it all further longevity. 

I.Love.You

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Well the subsequent "[third person reference] is seeking attention" thread was no accident (which has thankfully been deleted, I think), and as a friend, I was truly disappointed because that thread was clearly created to p*ss people off. Anyone has a right to p*ss people off, but I hope no one tries to claim that it was not intentional, because it so clearly was.

I truly struggle with people who are so resistant to feedback and learning, or people who refuse to reflect on the impact they might have on others for the fear that it might compromise their "identity".

Edited by AdminGirl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I fully bow my head on the absolute dissapointment I feel in myself for ever having started that thread.I fully apologize to everyone.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.