Pearl Worried

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't place too much importance on what happens in the forums.
You have been offered sage advice from a couple of supreme mentors who are not shy in offering
their wisdom on things SL & RL.
Some of us are very lucky to receive advice of this type.
None of us are perfect enough NOT to disregard such advice.

This is why the majority of my posts are basically nonsense and trying to get a wry smile out of others.
We "win" some, we "lose" some & life goes on.
Chin up & rock on. 8^)

Ps: & Silent Mistwalker made me consider her "lot" in life and I have nothing but total respect for her
I did not realise the significance of her lovely name. 
Pss: and NO autospell, Realise has no Z in it. 😛 

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 5

it is obvious that some energetic vampire egocentric  Bagnu, has settled on this forum. all messages from this cynical troll character are aimed at chaos and eat up the attention of this audience. the more you write topics in it. the more fun it is for her. ignore, not answer moronic questions ... she will not change her tactics of drawing attention to her preoccupied with hypersexuality and advertising her ancient craft 

Edited by Quenata
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Quenata said:

it is obvious that some energetic egocentric vampire has settled on this forum. all messages from this cynical troll character are aimed at chaos and eat up the attention of this audience. the more you write topics in it. the more fun it is for her. ignore, not answer moronic questions ... she will not change her tactics of drawing attention to her preoccupied with hypersexuality and advertising her ancient craft 

Didn't want to put your face out there so made a sock puppet account to mask who you are? Mature...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well, I have one thing to thank you for, Pearl. As a result of all this, I appear to have "won the day" yesterday. I would rather have achieved that through content in the pictures/vanity threads, but I guess that won't happen until I start participating in them. (What's that old joke about the guy who dies and goes to heaven and berates God for not letting him ever win the lottery? And God says, "I tried, but honestly, you really should have bought a ticket!")

And actually, I do want to say sorry for calling you Bagnu. I'm usually on my phone when I check out the forum, and signatures and tag lines aren't visible. So while I knew you had another moniker, I didn't realise that you preferred it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Orwar was quite happy to have such a spectacle to return to, but was somewhat disappointed to see the illeism didn't last - but he would not surrender as easily! Well, meh. It's no fun doing it all by myself anyway.

So. If people would kindly cut out the whole 'Oh no, I forgive you and you taught me a valuable lesson' shenanigans and stop trying to be some twisted ideal of world-peace, and behave like people again, that'd be great. Getting kinda soppy over there, folks. 

Not all people are meant to like and agree with each other. Even the people whose philosophy is that we should have a harmonious free-for-all that's inclusive of everyone regardless of their choices or identities, push this philosophy through conflict against, well, 'the conservatives' who rather call a spade a spade, who aren't welcome in this all-inclusive world where everyone is happy and make cats wear silly outfits they knitted with yarn bought from a second hand shop and try to rewire them to become tofu-guzzling vegan felines. 

Do I believe Bagnu's apology to be genuine, that she's stepped out of their persona of ignorance to embrace rationalism and critical thinking? No. After 800+ posts of 'being herself', this here cynic is going to stick with the empirical evidence; perhaps in another 800 posts of providing indication to the contrary I may change perspective. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I messed up really badly on that one. Not something I will ever do again. Ever.

Eric has taken over Drake and thinks you shouldn't sell yourself short. we all know there will be more threads started by you in the same vein as that one. Simple questions a 3rd grader knows the answer to yet somehow a college grad cant fathom. 

We wait with baited breath for the next installment of Pearls Queries about the forums. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Don't place too much importance on what happens in the forums.
You have been offered sage advice from a couple of supreme mentors who are not shy in offering
their wisdom on things SL & RL.
Some of us are very lucky to receive advice of this type.
None of us are perfect enough NOT to disregard such advice.

This is why the majority of my posts are basically nonsense and trying to get a wry smile out of others.
We "win" some, we "lose" some & life goes on.
Chin up & rock on. 8^)

Ps: & Silent Mistwalker made me consider her "lot" in life and I have nothing but total respect for her
I did not realise the significance of her lovely name. 
Pss: and NO autospell, Realise has no Z in it. 😛 

In truth, the name refers to a particular behavior of wolves. Adult wolves do not bark. The pups will but they out grow it by the time they reach adulthood. They are silent hunters and you never know when one or a pack of them is watching you unless they want you to know.

But yes, it is a representation of my "lot" in life in so many ways so thank you for recognizing it.

I'm on the other side of the pond from you and here it is realize, so there, there, there, smarty. Thought you were gonna have a party. 😜

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

In truth, the name refers to a particular behavior of wolves. Adult wolves do not bark. The pups will but they out grow it by the time they reach adulthood. They are silent hunters and you never know when one or a pack of them is watching you unless they want you to know.

But yes, it is a representation of my "lot" in life in so many ways so thank you for recognizing it.

I'm on the other side of the pond from you and here it is realize, so there, there, there, smarty. Thought you were gonna have a party. 😜

They are one of my favorite animals.. Also one of my favorite videos..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My very favorite are horses

I love animals.  Have you ever tried what is known as 'animal communication'? (tuning into their behaviors to a great degree and understanding their ways)?   I tried with my cats and they looked at me strangely...lol

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I love animals.  Have you ever tried what is known as 'animal communication'? (tuning into their behaviors to a great degree and understanding their ways)?   I tried with my cats and they looked at me strangely...lol

I spend a lot of time with my horses, even when I'm not riding or feeding or really wanting anything from them or them from me.. So when I come out, they will come to me and just hang out and do their own thing.. If i move to another area, and they notice I'm gone, I'll hear a call and then make a sound and they will come running.. then just start doing their own thing again.

What i like more is showing up where they are, so they know it's not just me having them come to me but me coming to them also..

I have a real bond with all my  horses..We have lots of horses, but mine and my husband and sons horses.. I was the one that made to bond with them so others could ride them..

I just have my way of working with horses.. lots of people have all kinds of special things  they use just for that.. I just get out there with them and take my time.. sooner or later they let me on.. many times you get thrown a time or two or three right away..But once they see you aren't up there to hurt them, they come back around.. when they start coming back over is when it gets easier.

I don't ever take them out of the pasture for that.. it's out in the open.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I had a huge tomcat when I was young. I loved playing "prey" for him, putting my hand under the blanket and wiggling my finger. He'd go nuts. I spent enough time watching him that I could sense when he was in a pouncy mood. I think he came to recognize me as a dependable playmate, maybe a little too dependable. I'll never forget the late night he came up under the blanket at the foot of my bed and began lacerating my toes. Every time I moved, he'd pounce. I finally went completely still, hoping he'd go away and let me sleep. I could feel him very slowly inching his way up the bed under the blanket until I could feel his whiskers on my face. The next few minutes were a riot, as I tickled his tummy and he tried to eat me. All of this happened in pitch darkness.

I'm pretty sure he enjoyed that as much as I did.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I spend a lot of time with my horses, even when I'm not riding or feeding or really wanting anything from them or them from me.. So when I come out, they will come to me and just hang out and do their own thing.. If i move to another area, and they notice I'm gone, I'll hear a call and then make a sound and they will come running.. then just start doing their own thing again.

I am envious. I love horses too and rode regularly until I was 18 then sporadically in my 20s and early 30s. I haven't been near a horse in 20 years and I miss them.  😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What i like more is showing up where they are, so they know it's not just me having them come to me but me coming to them also..

I have a real bond with all my  horses..We have lots of horses, but mine and my husband and sons horses.. I was the one that made to bond with them so others could ride them..

I just have my way of working with horses.. lots of people have all kinds of special things  they use just for that.. I just get out there with them and take my time.. sooner or later they let me on.. many times you get thrown a time or two or three right away..But once they see you aren't up there to hurt them, they come back around.. when they start coming back over is when it gets easier.

I don't ever take them out of the pasture for that.. it's out in the open.

I should introduce you to my daughter. She's an even bigger horse nut than I ever was. And I was baaad. lol

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I spend a lot of time with my horses, even when I'm not riding or feeding or really wanting anything from them or them from me..

Horses huh.. I can barely tolerate my cat....

I 'm just kidding. I was raised in a farm but horses here weren't something useful for us to have. Still we did have chickens, ducks, sheep, rabbits a few times (those are mean lil bstards), peacocks, pigeons, etc and of course the usual domesticated dogs and cats that exist almost everywhere plus the forest's wildlife available at that time. Animals do communicate in their own ways so when someone pays attention they give you plenty of signs about their moods regardless if they are domestic or wild.

It really is a nice experience to be able to live outside of the city and see how local nature works. (Plus you get to see the night sky much better due to lack of city lights.)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I am envious. I love horses too and rode regularly until I was 18 then sporadically in my 20s and early 30s. I haven't been near a horse in 20 years and I miss them.  😢

I remember the moment I fell in love with horses.. Well the moment I wanted a horse anyways..

I was little and seen the Man from Snowy River... I was too young to really know anything about the movie, other than it had such beautiful horses in it.. When he went down the back side of that mountain in slow motion and I just seen that horse in slow motion how beautiful it was and the herd in slow motion.. All I could think about was horses after that..

Everything was about horses.. I didn't want a puppy or a kitten not even a pony.. I wanted Horses..

Had a thoroughbred one time, which, They are just so high strung.. Her name was Sixteen, because she was sixteen hands.. We took her up in the mountains and it was a struggle the whole way, because she just wanted to run the whole time.. I spent 90% of the time trying to keep her to a walk..

We got on one level stretch that we decided to let them loose ,so we ran them.. She busted out in front of everyone and took me down the back side of the mountain.. I was standing in my stirrups with my the back of my head hitting her butt.. I thought we were done for, because there wasn't a trail there.. Finally we got to the bottom and  she was is shock, I was in shock..

We both just didn't do a thing until the others caught up to us..

My father was laughing and said, that was right out of Snowy river.. I said, not for me it wasn't.. For me it was right out of a horror movie..

So all I have now are Tennessee Walkers.. They are perfect for the mountains..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If i move to another area, and they notice I'm gone, I'll hear a call and then make a sound and they will come running.. then just start doing their own thing again.

That is a lovely connection....

A couple of my kitties like to lead me to places. When I rise from my chair, for example, one will get in front of me, and I say "okay, lead me out of here".....and they usually know where I'm going!  Often I say "okay let's go" when I need to go to the next stop, and they rush in front of me again and keep looking back to make sure I'm following. They take on a super proud posture during these trips   :)

• Like 3

On 8/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, Bagnu said:

I have made some very dear friends from the Forum, and even an SL sister. Because I'm such a controversial figure I worry about them being judged for the company they keep.Eventually it becomes obvious. I can take care of myself quite nicely, but I don't want my friends to have to do the same. just because of me!!! Thoughts anyone?

Real friends won't care what randoms say on the forums or in world. So you don't have to worry about them getting hurt because of knowing you.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.