What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hm...

People who chew with their mouths open or talk with a mouth full of food, the talking bit makes them sound like they have a mouth full of D.

My half "sister"... To put it short and sweet, Once she moves out, I will refuse her if she decides her relationship fails and she has to move back in.

I've actually got into physical fights with her, she goes from being annoying to rage-inducing real quick.

Locations that participate in hunts but hide the items too well. Like this unnamed one, where they are in an unmarked skybox with an unmarked teleporter somewhere, and flying is off.

Like, the point of a hunt isn't to drive the visitors insane. I don't want to go through both ground level (to find however you get up there) and then also several skyboxes!

edit: Two for one, but also people who ask "should I do/buy X" and then it turns out they just wanted you to validate their already made choice.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 7:15 PM, IvyLarae said:

I know I talked about this in the old Peeve thread, but people who put their titles in their display name

Master Bob, Mistress Gina, Goddess Veronica, Sir Matt ( These aren't actual names of people, just examples)

I know you're allowed to make your display name whatever you want but just, Gaaaaaaah, this one is so cringy it hurts!

Related peeve: (usually submissive) people who call everyone Sir John or Miss Jane, including complete strangers. Miss me with that. If a particular relationship dynamic makes that kind of title appropriate then that's totally fine, but not as a blanket approach. Just as cringey.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Related peeve: (usually submissive) people who call everyone Sir John or Miss Jane, including complete strangers. Miss me with that. If a particular relationship dynamic makes that kind of title appropriate then that's totally fine, but not as a blanket approach. Just as cringey.

Yeah, I never liked it when people do that. It's like people saying 'Hello E/everyone'. Like. What.

I usually tell those who submit to me that calling other people 'Sir' or 'Master' is something that's going to get them to write lines until their wrists are sore. ¬¬

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Yeah, its disrespectful and shows they dont really understand the lifestyle or how to properly use honorifics and titles. Unless in a dynamic with someone or your current owner/master/dom/dome/mistress has told you to use them with others its not really appropriate to do so.

those honorifics and titles are to be earned and only used for those that they were earned by, not towards everyone just in general.

for my self if I want to be respectful I might use sir but not Sir or miss but not Miss. the difference between capital or not does make a big difference. And no one gets called Master but my current Master.

Its the year 2020. Don't show up to a current event, selling jewlery without a big fat warning sign, that your stuff will not be rigged mesh. Its super fking awful having to push around a necklace in the desperate attempt to make it fit, only to know it will look bad again the moment I move. Also: Make your freaking bangles editable, if you make them look fullbright and therefore in a completely different tone than the god damn rest of your jewlery pack.

God damn, what a waste of money.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

peeve.. topic nazi's..

people who get bent out of shape if anything said is not expressly and only in the manner they want in a topic.

I agree, but with one caveat: intentionally driving a thread off topic to the point where said thread is at risk of being locked is not acceptable.

Here's the thing. Our views on the reasonable limits of a thread don't matter. Linden Lab have put in place rules governing threads going off topic, even if said rules are a tad vague, and enforce them regularly; and that's what matters. So while I agree the people who are overly-restrictive about what's "allowed" in a thread need to do less talking, the same goes for those that drive threads off the rails to the point of locking. Neither extreme is okay.

• Like 4

People that don't clean up after themselves after using a sandbox, I know they have 3-4 hours or however long auto return but i was going to one of the premium ones the LM in my TP history takes me to about 8000-9000m i'm free falling under 1000m someone has rezzed a massive sky sphere i'm hurtling through it and looks like someone put a visible crasher in there luckily when i investigated it was some rocks that hadn't rezzed in to shape properly 

6 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Its the year 2020. Don't show up to a current event, selling jewlery without a big fat warning sign, that your stuff will not be rigged mesh. Its super fking awful having to push around a necklace in the desperate attempt to make it fit, only to know it will look bad again the moment I move. Also: Make your freaking bangles editable, if you make them look fullbright and therefore in a completely different tone than the god damn rest of your jewlery pack.

God damn, what a waste of money.

I sometimes want unrigged jewelry. My preference would be for everything to come with both a rigged and unrigged version.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I sometimes want unrigged jewelry. My preference would be for everything to come with both a rigged and unrigged version.

Definitely. A lot of it depends on the type of jewelry too. Like a bracelet shouldn't be rigged. An earring doesn't have to be. For a necklace it makes more sense, especially if it's a long one. And for a belly chain it's basically a necessity.

• Like 1

I've found a new pet peeve!

People who are on your friendslist and have changed their name, but have no way of linking to their old name. I have someone on my friendslist, with who I don't have any history. No logs, no groups to identify, nothing in their profile.

So I have a friend, from which I don't know how long they have been my friend, who they are, or what our relationship is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavalois said:

I've found a new pet peeve!

People who are on your friendslist and have changed their name, but have no way of linking to their old name. I have someone on my friendslist, with who I don't have any history. No logs, no groups to identify, nothing in their profile.

So I have a friend, from which I don't know how long they have been my friend, who they are, or what our relationship is.

Well there is a simple answer to your quandary.. just ask them and be honest about it and why you are asking. 

Those games that post ads in my Facebook feed.  They show these cool little mental puzzles, like "what gates should you open in what order to give the knight the treasure instead of the boiling lava?"  Then when you go check out the game, it's one of those endless strategy games involving leveling up...and the only way you can efficiently level up is to spend money.  Even if you don't spend money, you wind up wasting HOURS in an endless round of acquiring this, performing that, building more of XXX, training your troops, etc. etc. etc.

40 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Those games that post ads in my Facebook feed.  They show these cool little mental puzzles, like "what gates should you open in what order to give the knight the treasure instead of the boiling lava?"  Then when you go check out the game, it's one of those endless strategy games involving leveling up

That was all a very canny marketing ploy. I actually play a couple of those strategy games, so when I started seeing those 'gates' ads I knew they didn't represent actual gameplay. But very recently I've started seeing ads for the 'gate' games, and those ads are titled similarly to "This is the actual game from all those fake ads!" so I suspect that was the plan all along: to get people to want to play the 'gates' games (so they download the strategy games and only once they've been playing for a while do they realise they're not going to - at any point - see that 'gates' thing) and then to suddenly spring the actual 'gates' game on them, as if it's some big secret game that's finally been found.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Confused 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:28 AM, lavalois said:

hm I have that problem even with people who haven't changed names 😅 I just say Hi! apparently I am your friend. Who are you again?

My peeve: people who build reeeeeally close to my propertyline, with phantom bits poking over. Feels too petty for an IM but it makes my eye twitch

Disclaimer : have not read through the thread so have no idea if this one has been mentioned or not, but it's really becoming a big one of mine.

Inworld, I tend to keep to myself and speak up only when really annoyed.  I also tend to keep my viewer set to "show friends only" because I hate the lag other avis can cause, and if they don't cause that much, well I just don't like seeing them.  

This being said, I like to TP in to a store, find what I want, buy it and TP home again.  I am considerate enough that I get straight off the landing spot and watching my radar, move to a spot away enough from others and then do my thing.  Now as I am set to "show friends only", I can on occasion bump into people because....well...I CAN'T SEE THEM!  

Here is where the peeve comes into it.  While I get that it is rather rude of me to just run people over, I don't get why they need to make a song and dance about it.  "Watch where you're going"..."Oh gee thanks for bumping me" and my new personal fav (which happened just 10 mins ago) - being called a stupid blind person (in Dutch) followed by "jajajajaja" from her friend.  So being mildly peeved by the idiocy, I just HAD to stay in google translate and politely tell them that some of us use show friends only so we don't have to see fuglies like her.  

Yeah I was feeling obnoxious tonight.  But sheesh, bumping happens.  Put on your big girl panties and just deal with it.  It's not intentional!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Disclaimer : have not read through the thread so have no idea if this one has been mentioned or not, but it's really becoming a big one of mine.

Inworld, I tend to keep to myself and speak up only when really annoyed.  I also tend to keep my viewer set to "show friends only" because I hate the lag other avis can cause, and if they don't cause that much, well I just don't like seeing them.  

This being said, I like to TP in to a store, find what I want, buy it and TP home again.  I am considerate enough that I get straight off the landing spot and watching my radar, move to a spot away enough from others and then do my thing.  Now as I am set to "show friends only", I can on occasion bump into people because....well...I CAN'T SEE THEM!  

Here is where the peeve comes into it.  While I get that it is rather rude of me to just run people over, I don't get why they need to make a song and dance about it.  "Watch where you're going"..."Oh gee thanks for bumping me" and my new personal fav (which happened just 10 mins ago) - being called a stupid blind person (in Dutch) followed by "jajajajaja" from her friend.  So being mildly peeved by the idiocy, I just HAD to stay in google translate and politely tell them that some of us use show friends only so we don't have to see fuglies las ike her.  

Yeah I was feeling obnoxious tonight.  But sheesh, bumping happens.  Put on your big girl panties and just deal with it.  It's not intentional!

Intended or not.  Some people will see it as being rude and disrespectful.  So will comment about it as is their right to do so even if you don't like it. 

If you use that feature and  bump into people even on accident you're still responsible.  Using that option doesn't excuse the action in their mind. 

It's the same as being in rl and doing something similar at a store. You're going to get dirty looks and possible comments. 

So maybe instead of just trying to excuse it away.  You could have simply said sorry and moved on.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.