What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

What? I've never experienced that. How do they do that, how do they know what you're going to say? And why? 

Often they have been around that person long enough or enough times to know their basic speech patterns and how they talk and what they will say when they start certain sentences; that they always finish them off the same way each time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pet peeve: the puritanical "anti-lag" crusaders that will never be satisfied unless SL can be run on an etch a sketch. 

Yes, SL has a problem with unregulated content leading to optimisation problems. But some people take this to a ridiculous and unjustified extreme; all mesh bodies are forbidden, everyone has to wear a single prim cube with an 8-bit sprite for a texture, if scripts must be used then they must be simple enough to be sent by telegram, SL is a chatroom and if you disagree then you are Satan.

Like... just sod off already. And grow up. Get a sense of perspective, and focus on the things that actually matter... rather than being an obnoxious turd over the most marginal of marginal gains.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Pet peeve: the puritanical "anti-lag" crusaders that will never be satisfied unless SL can be run on an etch a sketch. 

Yes, SL has a problem with unregulated content leading to optimisation problems. But some people take this to a ridiculous and unjustified extreme; all mesh bodies are forbidden, everyone has to wear a single prim cube with an 8-bit sprite for a texture, if scripts must be used then they must be simple enough to be sent by telegram, SL is a chatroom and if you disagree then you are Satan.

Like... just sod off already. And grow up. Get a sense of perspective, and focus on the things that actually matter... rather than being an obnoxious turd over the most marginal of marginal gains.

I know right.. and they refuse to look at themselves or their own potato of a computer(monitor and keyboard and mouse and laptop/desktop) and networking(router and modem and cables) or their isp as part of the problem. that is has to be just SL and LL fault and not any of their own at all.

same kind of complaints that all gamers use.. your client sucks.. your server sucks.. your code sucks.. fix it nowzzz!!!!11!!! make me happy!!!! or else!!!! I am the consumer!!!! Do as I say!!!!!!

fix your bloatware!!! I should be able to run this on a 3mhz TI-99/4A home computer!!!!

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

To be fair, that would be quite cool. And I'd have a chance of creating a better looking av than I have now. 

• Haha 8

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki now.  😢🐕💔

I hate 2020.  

• Sad 17

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki now.  😢🐕💔

I hate 2020. 

I am so sorry for you, Cindy.  It's a terrible decision to make.  I cried for a long time after I had to have my 18-year old cat put down. She was arthritic and incontinent, in pain all the time, but she was my companion.  My kids grew up with her.  In the end, letting her go was the right thing to do but it broke my heart.  I know what you are feeling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

@Cindy Evanier I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby. Those are truly horrible decisions. :::hug::: And yes, 2020 sucks, for oh so many reasons.

@Rolig Loon :::hugs::: for you as well. Although it has been a few years since I had to let go of my last cat, it *still* upsets me every so often. 

@Selene Gregoire I am no longer on the Forum enough to follow what is missing from where by whom, but I know it is annoying. My recent inworld/in Forum experiences have me re-learning the old "don't trust anyone" and "people suck" and a lot of wtf-ery. There are always open offices for you at Misanthropes Anon, because no one ever shows up there due to the possibility of encountering (ew) people...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

There are always open offices for you at Misanthropes Anon, because no one ever shows up there due to the possibility of encountering (ew) people...

We have offices now? 

Pet peeve - no one ever tells me anything. *Huffs*

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

We have offices now? 

Pet peeve - no one ever tells me anything. *Huffs*

Oh.. you didn't get the memo?? *looks in her bag* umm.. sorry this one was meant for you it seems.. Must have been that last mailman I ate.. sorry about that.. Though he was a spicy/feisty one. Trying to tell me he other places to be to get out of it. I guess he was telling the truth.. Oops.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I hate 2020.  

I’m very sorry Cindy.  I am too familiar with that heart ache, & I am fearing my oldest dog- Yoda the Pug will be at the rainbow bridge soon.  He has DeeDee the house  cat waiting for him there- he’s missed her “snoozing in the sunlight cuddles” since 2017.  *hugs*

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What's an "edge lord"?

I think it's someone who tries to cause shock and awe by advertising their darkness in various ways. There's nothing at all wrong with having a certain aesthetic, personality or field of interest but when it's clearly performative, it is a bit tiresome. Especially since there won't be much that anyone who's spent a fair amount of time in SL won't have seen or even dabbled in themselves. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

someone who tries to cause shock and awe by advertising their darkness in various ways

Examples: "I am darkness, I will destroy you after my pedicure!" "I am darkness, you cannot insult me and my army of alts all at once!" "I am darkness, but will cry if you call me a dim bulb" "I am darkness, but I am not your 'old friend' so stop with that.." "You think darkness is edgy? I'm so dark and edgy, I'm only the EDGE of darkness, and that edge is sharp!" "Stop making edgy darkness jokes, yes I know how to change a light bulb!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What's an "edge lord"?

Are you familiar with the adjective edgy used to describe something or someone? An edgelord is basically a person that overwhelmingly acts in an edgy way. Always talking about how "tough" they are (especially when there is nothing really at stake and their claims of what they would do "if" are never put to the test and what they would do is usually drastic and/or violent), how little everything and everyone else matters to them, how dark and deep they are (everyone else of course is not)... its tiring.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Are you familiar with the adjective edgy used to describe something or someone? An edgelord is basically a person that overwhelmingly acts in an edgy way. Always talking about how "tough" they are (especially when there is nothing really at stake and their claims of what they would do "if" are never put to the test and what they would do is usually drastic and/or violent), how little everything and everyone else matters to them, how dark and deep they are (everyone else of course is not)... its tiring.

Wait, so you mean, like Orwar? 🙀😹

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.