What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Yeah. 😩 That's a real thing that does get perpetuated. Imagine if you will someone who understands trauma, understands PTSD, and then rather than using that understanding and recognition to help members of their community heal, instead uses it to try and control them, keeping their wounds, wounds they themselves don't understand they have, open and festering for years on end, ensuring they cannot heal and progress in life, instead withering and pinned down by such malice. Imagine that. Now, put them in charge of a community of vulnerable people and elevate the deranged irony to the high heavens for ten, no make it eleven, years before they just openly go for total destruction of another human being to try and and wipe the field clear of their mistakes.

Have seen it done many times.. here and in rl... there are many groups here in sl where this happens..

Some survive it. Some don't and leave because of it.

Some who survived it become just like it. To take back the power that was lost at any cost to anyone in their way. 

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

1 hour ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Imagine if you will someone who understands trauma, understands PTSD, and then rather than using that understanding and recognition to help members of their community heal, instead uses it to try and control them, keeping their wounds, wounds they themselves don't understand they have, open and festering for years on end, ensuring they cannot heal and progress in life, instead withering and pinned down by such malice. Imagine that. Now, put them in charge of a community of vulnerable people and elevate the deranged irony to the high heavens for ten, no make it eleven, years before they just openly go for total destruction of another human being to try and wipe the field clear of their mistakes. What would you call that? Is there a word sufficient?

Yikes...Hannibal Lecter comes to mind.   I hate to remember that a certain percentage of the population is psychopathic.

*My pet peeve is Hannibal Lecter...  😅

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

One big pet peeve of mine, and it has to do with designers. How some designers don't put a demo of their product out as well. Especially during events. I am not one to take a risk and buy it without even trying it on. Actually scratch that, if I really love the company I will usually just buy it. But if I see something from a company and I really like it. I will usually like to demo it first. And when I can't demo it, I don't even pay heed to it or buy it. Not worth me taking the risk and something is wrong with it.

• Like 4

On 8/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

For me, it's the ones that continually start threads about themselves.

I'm feeling really biotchy today, so I'm making note of this and making a list of things all about me. Heck, I get accused of responding in the first person enough, why the eff not?

me me me

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Yeah. 😩 That's a real thing that does get perpetuated. Imagine if you will someone who understands trauma, understands PTSD, and then rather than using that understanding and recognition to help members of their community heal, instead uses it to try and control them, keeping their wounds, wounds they themselves don't understand they have, open and festering for years on end, ensuring they cannot heal and progress in life, instead withering and pinned down by such malice. Imagine that. Now, put them in charge of a community of vulnerable people and elevate the deranged irony to the high heavens for ten, no make it eleven, years before they just openly go for total destruction of another human being to try and wipe the field clear of their mistakes. What would you call that? Is there a word sufficient?

Yep, those people are out there. I don't have personal knowledge of someone who does this on a community level. I do know a few people who have done this for sport with a few select targets. Deranged is correct. Malignant narcissists were also correct in the folks I'm thinking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Yeah. 😩 That's a real thing that does get perpetuated. Imagine if you will someone who understands trauma, understands PTSD, and then rather than using that understanding and recognition to help members of their community heal, instead uses it to try and control them, keeping their wounds, wounds they themselves don't understand they have, open and festering for years on end, ensuring they cannot heal and progress in life, instead withering and pinned down by such malice. Imagine that. Now, put them in charge of a community of vulnerable people and elevate the deranged irony to the high heavens for ten, no make it eleven, years before they just openly go for total destruction of another human being to try and wipe the field clear of their mistakes. What would you call that? Is there a word sufficient?

The word would be sociopath.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The word would be sociopath.

Well, my pet peeve are people who knowingly harm others, whatever they're called. I'm sure subthread this has gone too far out-of-bounds, but geez thanks for your point of views (@ all). I'm glad I cannot think of any recent examples I've known on Second Life. Every single person I've met recently seems wonderful; who knew there were so many people like that on SecondLife, right? It feels like what I remember in the early days of the grid, somehow, is it me or this world?

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1

I'll go for my biggest pet peeve, forget my small gripes!

My  b i g g e s t  SL pet peeve might be more of a specific pet peeve, so everyone may not be able to relate to this exact situation, but I'm sure if you think about it you can conjure up something similar. 

People, who ask me "Why not get a mesh body and bento head?" When I say, Nah I don't want one, they proceed with the question, "Can't you afford it?" or something else that is equally as insulting, seemingly without them realizing it. When I assure them that, Yes I can afford it, but no I still don't want one we begin an ouroboros circle. "But why not?" "SL would be so much more fun with one!" "You should at least look into it!"  Sometimes followed by several brand name drops of popular Head and Body makers that I should certainly go visit the stores of!  During the short time I've been active I'll say this has happened three, maybe four times and once, humiliatingly enough, with my former landlord. This landlord, after she took my rent, tried to badger me into getting a "normal avatar" and telling me I'd be much happier. I'd like to think I'm a nice, relaxed person so each time I bit my tongue and tried to get them to understand that I'm not interested means just that, and no amount of pestering will change that. I still don't think two of them got it and I left my rental as soon as my time was up.

So, I guess in tl;dr format of it is, my pet peeve on SL is when others try to tell you how to live your Second Life and what will enhance your experience as if they know myself better than I do.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, kagudark said:

My  b i g g e s t  SL pet peeve might be more of a specific pet peeve, so everyone may not be able to relate to this exact situation, but I'm sure if you think about it you can conjure up something similar. 

People, who ask me "Why not get a mesh body and bento head?" When I say, Nah I don't want one, they proceed with the question, "Can't you afford it?" or something else that is equally as insulting, seemingly without them realizing it. When I assure them that, Yes I can afford it, but no I still don't want one we begin an ouroboros circle. "But why not?" "SL would be so much more fun with one!" "You should at least look into it!"  Sometimes followed by several brand name drops of popular Head and Body makers that I should certainly go visit the stores of!  During the short time I've been active I'll say this has happened three, maybe four times and once, humiliatingly enough, with my former landlord. This landlord, after she took my rent, tried to badger me into getting a "normal avatar" and telling me I'd be much happier. I'd like to think I'm a nice, relaxed person so each time I bit my tongue and tried to get them to understand that I'm not interested means just that, and no amount of pestering will change that. I still don't think two of them got it and I left my rental as soon as my time was up.

So, I guess in tl;dr format of it is, my pet peeve on SL is when others try to tell you how to live your Second Life and what will enhance your experience as if they know myself better than I do.

have you try putting something in your profile about not wanting a mesh head or body? 

Edited by Racheal Rexen

1 minute ago, Racheal Rexen said:

have you try putting something in your profile about not wanting a mesh head or body? 

No, I haven't. I may in the future to hopefully avoid this conversation, though honestly the initial inquiry doesn't bother me, they're just curious. Its when they won't let it go after my first No, I'm fine the way I am. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

One big pet peeve of mine, and it has to do with designers. How some designers don't put a demo of their product out as well. Especially during events. I am not one to take a risk and buy it without even trying it on. Actually scratch that, if I really love the company I will usually just buy it. But if I see something from a company and I really like it. I will usually like to demo it first. And when I can't demo it, I don't even pay heed to it or buy it. Not worth me taking the risk and something is wrong with it.

Ugh, yes.  If I really like the store or the item, I will sometimes do a quick search for the regular non-sale vendor to see if it contains a demo - but I hate having to do the search at all.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kagudark said:

People, who ask me "Why not get a mesh body and bento head?" When I say, Nah I don't want one, they proceed with the question, "Can't you afford it?" or something else that is equally as insulting, seemingly without them realizing it. When I assure them that, Yes I can afford it, but no I still don't want one we begin an ouroboros circle. "But why not?" "SL would be so much more fun with one!" "You should at least look into it!"  Sometimes followed by several brand name drops of popular Head and Body makers that I should certainly go visit the stores of!  

Much worse,when people like that just send you LM's of mesh parts stores while you never asked for that:)

Edited by SamMoon777
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, kagudark said:

Happens in all places/groups/sims at one point or another. 

13 hours ago, kagudark said:

I don't get why people don't mind their own business and not constantly question other's decision to go mesh or to not go mesh. It is not harming them, so why go after you for it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

She is banned for life.

LL determined her account was not desirable. She also broke one of the major ToS and claimed to be a Linden.

Since she has been permanently banned by LL she is no longer a resident and that rule can't be applied.

I would post a link to one of the repositories so everyone can see exactly what they were lucky enough to not encounter but it contains her real name so that won't happen.

She was medically diagnosed but like all sociopaths, she lies about it and pretty much everything else. I have met her family. In fact, she has swatted them twice in the last few days.  Not long ago, she swatted them by claiming there was a bomb and her stepfather was going to set it off remotely.

There is a lot you don't know about her.

Peeve: Waking up at 4:30 am, not being able to go back to sleep and having a migraine all day because of it.

You do know that there is really no such thing as perm banned or banned for life really... that's just a head game played on the uniformed.. the uneducated. 

Those who want back can get back no matter what was done.  In one form/account or another. 

40 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

You do know that there is really no such thing as perm banned or banned for life really... that's just a head game played on the uniformed.. the uneducated. 

Those who want back can get back no matter what was done.  In one form/account or another. 

She tried that while the Lab was on holiday. Once LL was off holiday, instant ban.

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

She tried that while the Lab was on holiday. Once LL was off holiday, instant ban.

And gave up.. there are people in sl that have  been banned thousands of times and keep coming back.

There is no permanent anything on the internet anywhere. Nothing is as secure or safe as some people want them to believe or think.

Never was or will be either. 

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yes even still, you can use VPNs and Mac Address spoofers and bypass the ban quite easily. Even though this person got banned, they can still have work arounds. Change the IP again, with a VPN and spoof her mac address with a mac address spoofer. Seriously, getting banned is not a life sentence. When there are work arounds.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

And gave up.. there are people in sl that have  been banned thousands of times and keep coming back.

There is no permanent anything on the internet anywhere. Nothing is as secure or safe as some people want them to believe or think.

Never was or will be either. 

You're preaching to the choir.

JFC people I'm not an idiot and I have been in SL long enough to know more than most people in SL know about SL. Please, stop assuming I don't know.

It doesn't matter if people can create new accounts and get right back in. The point is they are not allowed to do that and when LL sees someone doing that, the new accounts are banned as well. Only a fool would keep creating new accounts after being banned.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

JFC people I'm not an idiot and I have been in SL long enough to know more than most people in SL know about SL. Please, stop assuming I don't know.

I am gonna be blunt but polite here. We are not calling you an idiot, we are just saying that this day and age. That perma on the internet means jack squat. Also it doesn't take someone who has been in SL for a long time, to know a lot about SL. I knew a fair bit by 9 months. Lol

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.