What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/11/2020 at 2:06 PM, Cinos Field said:

Doors that open really slowly and stay physical while doing so, making sure that you can't get inside before waiting until the five-second ritual of opening has been finished.

Especially fun in laggy sims.

I hate that in real life too (Tesco Rotherham!)

9 hours ago, Ladywolf5256 said:

Oh I get that....but my question still stands....why bother having an adult sim if you're not even going to allow nudity?  

They may have something else going going on in the sim that falls under the adult maturity rating.. That or they could just be playing it say..

A sim owner can have the whole sim with a General or Moderate theme.. But if they have even one 512 lot that falls under the adult maturity ratings, then the whole sim is supposed to be rated adult.

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A sim owner can have the whole sim with a General or Moderate theme.. But if they have even one 512 lot that falls under the adult maturity ratings, then the whole sim is supposed to be rated adult.

Seriously, if the 512 lot is on a different region ("sim")? Then it can't be part of the same parcel, so how can it impact the G/M region? Your explanation seems to put it at the "owner" level (can't have both adult and G/M plots?!). Just hoping for more essplaining.

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Seriously, if the 512 lot is on a different region ("sim")? Then it can't be part of the same parcel, so how can it impact the G/M region? Your explanation seems to put it at the "owner" level (can't have both adult and G/M plots?!). Just hoping for more essplaining.

Sim = region.

A region can be split up into different parcels, and each parcel can be sub-let out.

If one 512 m2 parcel is A rated, the whole region must also be A rated, even if every other parcel is G/M.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Sim = region.

A region can be split up into different parcels, and each parcel can be sub-let out.

If one 512 m2 parcel is A rated, the whole region must also be A rated, even if every other parcel is G/M.

That makes more sense.

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My mistake, I typed it up once before and thought I submitted the post and had put the word Most of the sim, in my first post..

I guess I put Whole sim, when I had to come back and retyped the whole post again.. 

I caught myself doing that in the first post and corrected myself..I guess rushing to retype it I didn't catch it that time..

• Thanks 1

Regarding those ratings: one big and constant peeve would be sims with rules different than the settings suggest, but yet not communicated clearly. Adult sim, but nudity not allowed? Well, you're going to have to tell your visitors that. Flying allowed, but not over rental parcels? Yeah, you'll have to tell me that one too. This, in general, extends to groups too. Adult group? Well, I'm expecting adult chat to be allowed, unless you say it isn't. No, group X, not being allowed to post links is not the expected default. And so on.

I wonder how much unnecessary drama could be easily avoided if everyone just outright stated what is and isn't allowed.

• Like 6

Sometimes I get IMs when I'm offline, that just say "hi". I always reply, because maybe the person thought I'm online and also because I'm curious who this is. Maybe its someones alt from the forums or maybe its a neighbour in Belli.

Many people do not reply after that, often because they too are offline at the time of my reply (because timezones suck), which if of course fine. But if they do reply at some point... (and here comes the peeve) why in the ever loving world does it need to be another lonly "hi" or... other greeting with like zero information on who they are or what they want.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, technically, just like 'adult does not mean naked', 'naked does not  mean adult'.  Naked is allowed on M rated regions.

And, sadly, "rude and boorish" knows no boundaries. You can be a jerk anywhere. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ladywolf5256 said:

Oh I get that....but my question still stands....why bother having an adult sim if you're not even going to allow nudity?  

I think there can be a number of reasons to designate a region "Adult" that have little to do with sex or nudity. For instance, if you're selling products that are advertised in-store with images that would be "adult" rated. And I think many region owners use an "Adult" rating as a sort of insurance policy, so that they (or their patrons and visitors) won't get into trouble if something adult does occur there. It just covers your bases.

I don't go to sex sims, at all, and I'm very rarely in places where nudity is normal. And yet, I'd say a good third of the sims I visit are rated "Adult" anyway.

6 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Regarding those ratings: one big and constant peeve would be sims with rules different than the settings suggest, but yet not communicated clearly. Adult sim, but nudity not allowed? Well, you're going to have to tell your visitors that.

I've visited parcels in A regions during hunts that make it quite clear that *this part* of the region has certain rules.  You also see it in the visitor center in some roleplay areas.  So *some* people do a good job of informing visitors.

Edited by LibGwen

13 minutes ago, Magnek Fang said:

I think one reason, at least for furry sims, for a sim to be marked A is to keep out throwaway griefer accounts.

How is this supposed to prevent throwaway griefer accounts? Any age verification has been gone for good for almost 10 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think there can be a number of reasons to designate a region "Adult" that have little to do with sex or nudity. For instance, if you're selling products that are advertised in-store with images that would be "adult" rated. And I think many region owners use an "Adult" rating as a sort of insurance policy, so that they (or their patrons and visitors) won't get into trouble if something adult does occur there. It just covers your bases.

I don't go to sex sims, at all, and I'm very rarely in places where nudity is normal. And yet, I'd say a good third of the sims I visit are rated "Adult" anyway.

Also you need to be an adult region if you are selling furniture and want adult keywords to appear in search for your products.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.