What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know I talked about this in the old Peeve thread, but people who put their titles in their display name

Master Bob, Mistress Gina, Goddess Veronica, Sir Matt ( These aren't actual names of people, just examples)

I know you're allowed to make your display name whatever you want but just, Gaaaaaaah, this one is so cringy it hurts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I know I talked about this in the old Peeve thread, but people who put their titles in their display name

Master Bob, Mistress Gina, Goddess Veronica, Sir Matt ( These aren't actual names of people, just examples)

I know you're allowed to make your display name whatever you want but just, Gaaaaaaah, this one is so cringy it hurts!

I had a friend named Mistress Nippietittie. 😂😂😂😂

Master Bob for the win!😂

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, IvyLarae said:

It just proves how fake they really are. And how little they really know about  BDSM. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

It just proves how fake they really are. And how little they really know about  BDSM. 

It's gotten to where its an instant turn-off for me. I don't care how well I know you can write an emote, if you have your title in your display name I'm gonna NOPE myself in a completely different direction 😂

• Haha 1

The marketplace is almost useless for shopping. Perhaps in 2011 it was okay, but now? No. You have to wade through oceans of long-outdated garbage, irrelevant nonsense padded with keyword-bait, and 27 copies of the same item in different colours. They should bring back corporal punishment for anyone who suggests "have you tried looking on the marketplace?" to any post or thread asking for shopping recommendations.

Edit: Second pet peeve; the forums don't give you a 2-3 minute grace period where you can edit to fix typos without it being marked as an edit. Others do have this, and it's really useful.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
I did typo
  • Like 5

Another one --- due to the Covid.  Where my daughter lives there's a shopping centre that backs to the neighborhood and a health club reopened recently with some equipment outdoors and loud music, which was flooding her neighborhood. Calling the place up got no where and the PD was called, only for the music to be turned back up after they left and even playing the Cop's theme, like the instructor was taunting the residents. The club said they have permits for outdoor workouts but the residents will keep bugging the city.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I really do wish that the team in charge of Forum Moderation had not stated that they'd allow political threads/posts here in General Discussion ...

From running a bar and my old mboard long ago, religion and politics are the 2 worst subjects that can come up.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

From running a bar and my old mboard long ago, religion and politics are the 2 worst subjects that can come up.

Honestly it's fine if there's a section specifically for such topics (like at least one other SL adjacent MB I am part of) but to allow such here?

Makes me wonder if they're simply using a different tactic to root out pot-stirrers and such.

• Like 5

You need a containment pit for that kind of conversation. Keep it all in one spot, so those that want to discuss such things can opt in to doing so, while those that want to discuss Second Life may do so in peace.

The alternative is what we have here; it spills out into completely unrelated threads, with the usual suspects making everything about their pet political hate, driving everything off the rails, just so they can feed their addiction to outrage.

And as a preemptive rebuttal; "politics" in this context does include broader socio-political topics, and it has never been suggested that this be restrained to just party-based politics. Yes, this includes anything about race and gender. Into the containment pit it goes, keep it out of threads about shoes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AyelaNewLife said:

You need a containment pit for that kind of conversation. Keep it all in one spot, so those that want to discuss such things can opt in to doing so, while those that want to discuss Second Life may do so in peace.

The alternative is what we have here; it spills out into completely unrelated threads, with the usual suspects making everything about their pet political hate, driving everything off the rails, just so they can feed their addiction to outrage.

And as a preemptive rebuttal; "politics" in this context does include broader socio-political topics, and it has never been suggested that this be restrained to just party-based politics. Yes, this includes anything about race and gender. Into the containment pit it goes, keep it out of threads about shoes.

I agree. The "containment pit" *should* be the thread itself! That way people can see a thread and decide yep/nope and move along. It should not take a separate section. But there are people who have to make *every* thread their personal soapbox. This is coming from a person who frequently derails threads, but not about politics etc, but usually about things like chili. :) 

I do think we should be able to discuss all topics in the General Discussion area. That's what a GD section is about! But there are some shrill folk out there who can't/won't contain themselves, and so maybe a separate containment pit elsewhere is the answer.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 2:15 PM, IvyLarae said:

An oldie but a goodie:

• Haha 4

On 7/16/2020 at 7:15 PM, IvyLarae said:

my full title is:

His Holly Highness Destroyer of Bread Slayer of  Pastry Owner and Protector of all Ducks and  Every Flying Mammal included those hows existence not yet confirmed Zzevir

But apparently you can't do it and I won't shorten it. 

• Haha 3

On 7/16/2020 at 8:15 PM, IvyLarae said:

To take a quote from Game of Thrones: Any man who must say, 'I am the king,' is no true king.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.