What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I hate 2020.  

Oh Cindy 👀
Know that your posts bring curiosity and calmness when about to be read in the forums
and generally smiles if not laughter. ☺️
I am sure your poise & dignity also inspires many more readers than myself.
I wish you well and many kind thoughts if you don't mind. 8-) 

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Oh Cindy 👀
Know that your posts bring curiosity and calmness when about to be read in the forums
and generally smiles if not laughter. ☺️
I am sure your poise & dignity also inspires many more readers than myself.
I wish you well and many kind thoughts if you don't mind. 8-) 

I had to take a moment after reading your post thinking who, what, me wow.  Such kind words.  Thank you so much for saying that. 

It's been a hard 24 hours with an upset 14 year old who catches himself as he was about to go about his regular daily doggy duties and then realises....  There have been many hugs and we are off to buy one of those  digital photo frames and add our favorite pictures of our furball to.  :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I had to take a moment after reading your post thinking who, what, me wow.  Such kind words.  Thank you so much for saying that. 

It's been a hard 24 hours with an upset 14 year old who catches himself as he was about to go about his regular daily doggy duties and then realises....  There have been many hugs and we are off to buy one of those  digital photo frames and add our favorite pictures of our furball to.  :) 

I do not envy you this time of grief. However, knowing you had a lot of love to give, and will find another love to give it to, gives me comfort. I hope it gives you comfort as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hair demos that don't include a HUD -- so you can't tell exactly how the color you are interested in actually looks.

Too bad.......... No Sale (even when On Sale).  I really liked the style, too.

They do it with clothing as well. "M" Is one of the worst for providing only a single shoe as a demo and a colour HUD that doesn't work...and the most expensive as well. What do they think I'm going to steal it? Never a sale and mostly empty now compared to other stores with good quality and a better price point.

Edited by RangiUtu
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

Most are rude.... but I found that unless you make the first move most people won't talk.  I do not know if people are stuck up or just lost in their own world.

Shy, I think,and fear of embarrassing themselves is more common than being stuck up 

• Like 2

Companies that post pictures of employees in their 'about us' section. Now I know its because of edicts from the demon spawn that is all HR but seriously, I don't give a flying flapjack about what your minions look like as long as they are doing a good job. :)

Also bus drivers being beaten to death because some wombles refused to wear a mask.

• Like 3

Doors that open really slowly and stay physical while doing so, making sure that you can't get inside before waiting until the five-second ritual of opening has been finished.

Especially fun in laggy sims.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Doors that open really slowly and stay physical while doing so, making sure that you can't get inside before waiting until the five-second ritual of opening has been finished.

Especially fun in laggy sims.

I have a RL equivalent for that. Automatic revolving doors, which move at a much too slow pace to comfortly walk through them and of course stop immediatly, if you try to get out too quickly or enter at the last second.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Now you did it!  My man walked by and started singing "A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed."🤣

But that is a horse of a different color!

I think my biggest pet peeve is sim owners that don't understand what the various ratings mean (G, M, and A).  My wife and I just got asked to leave an Adult sim because we were not "appropriately dressed".  Folks, understand something....being an Adult sim, the ToS would have been fine if we'd shown up NAKED!  We had all of our private parts covered (if little else).  If a sim owner isn't even going to allow nudity, then I see no particular reason why they should need a sim with an Adult rating!😡

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ladywolf5256 said:

If a sim owner isn't even going to allow nudity, then I see no particular reason why they should need a sim with an Adult rating!😡

That's a decent question, even a decent peeve.  All of that aside, though, a landowner can always define his/her own rules for the land as long as they are at least as restrictive as the region's G/M/A rating.  So, whatever the landowner's motives may be for wanting an Adult-rated region, he/she is completely within rights to decide that nakedness is not allowed. You could be ejected for breaking that local rule or, in fact, just because the landowner doesn't like the color of your hair.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ladywolf5256 said:

I think my biggest pet peeve is sim owners that don't understand what the various ratings mean (G, M, and A).  My wife and I just got asked to leave an Adult sim because we were not "appropriately dressed".  Folks, understand something....being an Adult sim, the ToS would have been fine if we'd shown up NAKED!  We had all of our private parts covered (if little else). 

The flip side being people that do not understand that the region owner makes the rules - at all times - period

• Like 5

On 6/14/2020 at 3:25 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Guys who, uninvited, emote that they have spanked you when you aren't even wearing a spanker.

I went absolutely nuclear on an idiot who did that to me a year or so ago.  He was shocked: I think I was supposed to be "flattered."

Omg, I have this happen to me on a regular basis,!!  I used to try to say something witty like. 

“”Sweetie, you spank my ass in a dream, you better wake up and apologize..”

which I should of known would only confuse said “spanker”.  Like you, I then proceed to tear them a new one. Only to be called “F*cking slag, whore....or whatever. 
  A note to the men thinking of doing this?! A hello will pretty much always go over better than slapping a random girls ass! ;)

Edited by Canuck01
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The flip side being people that do not understand that the region owner makes the rules - at all times - period

Oh I get that....but my question still stands....why bother having an adult sim if you're not even going to allow nudity?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.